Interesting Experience with Order Cancellation
1014 10 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

So, I ordered the Mavic filters on Jan 17.  I received a single 'Thank you for your payment > Order is confirmed' email.

I really wanted the filters, but it's taking a while so tonight I order the PolarPro Vivid and go to cancel my DJI order.  Go back to my email, click Order Status, log on, see the option to 'Cancel' or 'Pay'.  By the way the order status has one blue circle (Place Order).  Simple enough so far.  I choose 'Cancel' and low and behold I'm taken to a screen where - right at the top in a red banner are the words 'Order cannot be canceled!'

What??
Then I realize that the order number on the order status page I was taken to from the email has a different order number than was actually in the email.

???

Then I look further down... There are TWO orders for Mavic filters!  The top one, which apparently cannot be canceled (with one 'l' and an exclamation mark) has a payment status of 'Authorized', however even though it cannot be canceled it had the option under the shipping information to 'Refund Order'.  So I can get a refund but can't cancel, even though on this top order I never actually ordered this and never received an order confirmation email?  Huh?
The second has a payment status of 'Pending', even though the time difference between the two 'orders' is about an hour and 35 minutes on the same day.  On this one I seemingly have the options to 'Pay' or 'Cancel'.

Let's walk though this.  This could be fun...

2017-1-26
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

So, I try to 'Refund Order' on the top order since I can't cancel.  I click it.  Pop up box: 'Are you sure you want to cancel your order?'

What?  I can cancel it?  Not 'refund'?  Let's do this!

Click 'OK'.  Message: 'Your refund request has been successfully submitted'.  Refund?  Not cancel?  OK, I'll apparently receive an email when the order has been 'cancelled'.  Canceled?  Refund?  Now I'm really confused.  Now onto the second order...
2017-1-26
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Second order.  I can 'Cancel' this one...

Click 'Cancel'.  Are you sure you want to cancel the order?  I click 'OK'.  I'm taken back to the order screen where I clicked 'Cancel'.  The hyperlink is grayed out but there's no 'success/failure' message.  Did anything happen?  Let's try again...
2017-1-26
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Second order, second attempt:

'Cancel' > 'OK'...

'Order #xyz has been canceled'!  Yay!!!!

Did I just successfully cancel both 'orders'?  I think so.  I hope so.  So confused...  
2017-1-26
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Interesting quirk. Have you received your PolarPro vivid filters yet? I opted just for the shutter ones and wanted to see how people like the vivid
2017-1-27
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

lachyb Posted at 2017-1-27 02:47
Interesting quirk. Have you received your PolarPro vivid filters yet? I opted just for the shutter ones and wanted to see how people like the vivid

I haven't, but I'm excited to try any filters, honestly.  Hoping they don't affect the colors too much.  How do you like the Shutter series?

I think I'm going to have a little more time to play with the Mavic so looking to get my hands on any filters soon.  Really liked the concept of the DJI filters but I just can't wait that long.

Who knows... I may end up with THREE sets of filters at this rate
2017-1-27
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Oh, and still no cancellation confirmation emails, so either it's an automated process that doesn't currently function properly, or it's a manual process/workflow that takes time.  I sincerely hope this is not a manual workflow... That would be astonishing!
2017-1-27
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-1-27 04:16
Oh, and still no cancellation confirmation emails, so either it's an automated process that doesn't currently function properly, or it's a manual process/workflow that takes time.  I sincerely hope this is not a manual workflow... That would be astonishing!

I think you'll find it's barely a process, I had my Mavic delivered yesterday and it's still showing pending!
2017-1-27
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-1-27 03:59
I haven't, but I'm excited to try any filters, honestly.  Hoping they don't affect the colors too much.  How do you like the Shutter series?

I think I'm going to have a little more time to play with the Mavic so looking to get my hands on any filters soon.  Really liked the concept of the DJI filters but I just can't wait that long.

I wish I could tell you. I have all the accessories I need but no Mavic yet. Been waiting 3 months with Amazon and 2 weeks with DJI (due 1 Feb). Will let you know how the shutter series is
2017-1-27
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-1-27 04:36
I think you'll find it's barely a process, I had my Mavic delivered yesterday and it's still showing pending!

That is ridiculous. I hope they make that same mistake with me!
2017-1-27
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I mean this in the most sincere way possible.  No angst, no flaming and no anger.  If anything, I'm laughing at the double-order issue:

A company growing as fast as DJI cannot jam volume though this type of auto-manual process, or through a system this loose.  It's not possible.  Too many orders that should be standard will fall out, and become exceptions, jamming the call center as people try to find out what's happening.  When that happens it's a slow, manually-intensive and expensive process.  There's no way to scale that profitably and protect customer service.

Hopefully somebody in DJI HQ is listening, or is already working on a new platform.  This will only get worse.

I'm not calling the call center out of principle.  I don't want to add to the problem.  There are people anxiously trying to find out about their Mavics.  These are just $35 filters.
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules