Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cold weather 4 degrees.
604 2 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Flying P4P this afternoon, battery warning at 25%, bird is only 200m away from me so I start to fly it back.  Only just made the 200m when the auto land kicks in as emergency battery level reached.  Glad that I was not over the ocean or a lake.

Same day, later on with new battery, I turn controller on, only to get red flashing light on controller status LED.  I remove props and try a functional test of the P$P, it starts, I can take photographs and video, the maps all work, so I cant see the error.  Manual stes "controller Error" for this red flashing light.   Nothing else.  I warm up the whole controller, inside my down jacket, and after a few minutes the error is gone.

Also, no wind at all, and I'm continually getting "High wind warning, fly with caution".

But the flights were worth it!

Is this all to do with operating in cooler temperatures?
2017-1-27
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I'm not sure about the other issues but the wind warning occurs for many people and is not related to the temperature.
2017-1-27
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Stored the controller indoors, re-charged all 100%
Placed in Garage for 2 hours, about 2 degrees C, same controller error, ree flashing light and continuous bleeping.
Stored in house once again, 2 hours, no error.  But controller works, camera works.

So DJI is there a cold weather shut off?  Is this just a precautionary warning? Can I use the controller in cool temperatures?
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules