12546 57 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Dangair - I had this same problem with a Wookong M  it would experience data loss to gps only with batteries of over 30c - rating.  This problem eventually led to an octo crash.  So I bought an Inspire 1. Now Im scared...
2015-3-17
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

At least you guys got into the air. My compass won't calibrate. Period! Have yet to get the motors started on my i1
2015-3-21
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

mattks Posted at 2015-3-21 23:39
At least you guys got into the air. My compass won't calibrate. Period! Have yet to get the motors s ...

Did you calibrate your IUM?
2015-3-24
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9969
2015-3-24
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-11 18:25
New firmware make the compass more sensitive to the interference. I know some users have this warni ...

Was the intention to make the compass more sensitive? Or was this an unforeseen side effect of the new firmware?
2015-3-24
Use props
Yugan1
New

South Africa

Good Day.  I have recently purchased the Inspire 1 V2.0 and upgraded firmware as directed but soon after take off i receive the "Compass Error" screen which is indicated by a red screen at the top of the app screen.  I experienced alot of drift but switched to Atti mode to stabilize and immediately land the aircraft.  This only happened after i updated the software to the lastest version of 1.06 (2 Jan 2016).  i am extremely afraid of flying this again in fear of me losing or crashing the drone.  I re-calibrated the compass after landing and still get the same problem.  I never had this problem with the Phantom 3 Pro.  Is it a firmware problem or maybe the hardware?  Could you please assist if possible.
2016-1-6
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yugan1 Posted at 2016-1-6 12:07
Good Day.  I have recently purchased the Inspire 1 V2.0 and upgraded firmware as directed but soon a ...

did you re-calibrate the compass and the IMU after the firmware update?
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yugan1 Posted at 2016-1-7 01:07
Good Day.  I have recently purchased the Inspire 1 V2.0 and upgraded firmware as directed but soon a ...

Yugan1, I replied with instructions in the other thread you posted on. Please try that and let us know how it goes.
2016-1-6
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I had a compass error too. I'm running all updated firmware on everything. ill take it easy for the next few fights and see what happens.
2016-1-6
Use props
Tyler
New

Norway

After the latest firmware update 01.01.0411 this phantom 4 spiraled out of control without input from controller right after takeoff. No warnings what so ever.. Any ideas why? I know I should have switched to A-mode (ATTI) but didn't have time in the panic, only had to time raise altitude in save it from crashing. You can see how crazy the drone was flying the entire Right Propeller was in camera frame. Never seen that before, I thought for sure it was going to flip and crash.

App Version 2.8.3
Firmware Version 01.01.0411
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0

Please help!! Thank you kindly.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Tyler@tylerspar Posted at 2016-6-11 21:07
Flight Log of almost crash

After the latest firmware update 01.01.0411 this phantom 4 spiraled out  ...

For clarification, have you performed an IMU calibration prior to this incident? Did you calibrate your compass? At the end of the video, it seems to have experienced a compass error towards. Have you been in contact with the Europe support team for further diagnostics?
2016-6-16
Use props
rolandjn7
New

United States

I have been experiencing compass errors for what ever reason now out of the blue.  I have flown my last 6 battery packs without issue.  Nothing has changed and now I am getting compass errors.  I was out with my wife and kids having a picnic at the lake.  They went swimming, I went flying.  I flew 17 minutes with 1st battery without issue.  I landed and then let the bird sit for 10 minutes and then put a fully charged pack in and took off again.  Keeping an eye on the battery life, at 35% I started coming home from about 1700 feet away at 55 feet over the lake.  For no reason, I started getting the red compass error warning and the bird switched to ATTI mode.  It did start to lose altitude and I brought it up to 100 feet and started flying home as fast as she would go.  All the way getting compass error.  I was able to bring it home in ATTI mode and land safely.  I was scared I wouldn't get it home and it would end up in the lake.  I am always nervous flying over water.  But I am starting to get upset that I have been flying for a long time without issue and now lately I am getting compass errors even after calibrating.  I have the latest firmware available and upgraded the same day it was released.  I was getting these errors before the  June released firmware.  I have also flown over this same lake before without issue.  But now out of the blue I am receiving these compass errors.  I really makes me doubt the machine, it makes me upset that I spent so much money on this and I don't feel like I can trust it.  I have an annual camping trip coming up and I want to use it.  But I am afraid that I cannot trust it.  I love the bird, but I am losing faith.
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rolandjn7 Posted at 2016-7-4 09:32
I have been experiencing compass errors for what ever reason now out of the blue.  I have flown my l ...

For clarification, how long have you had this unit? Have you tried performing an IMU calibration?
2016-7-5
Use props
rolandjn7
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-5 14:46
For clarification, how long have you had this unit? Have you tried performing an IMU calibration?

I have had this unit since December 2015.  Yes, I have performed the IMU Calibration a few times after making sure the unit was perfectly level with a spirit level.
2016-7-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

rolandjn7 Posted at 2016-7-10 00:46
I have had this unit since December 2015.  Yes, I have performed the IMU Calibration a few times a ...

There could always be a chance of external interference if the area you're flying in is starting to become more developed, but you may be running into a hardware issue as well. Have you contacted the North American Support center to look into a possible repair?
2016-7-10
Use props
KiKe SkyWorks
New
Flight distance : 751230 ft

Brazil

its the same whith my inspie 1
2017-9-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

KiKe SkyWorks Posted at 2017-9-20 09:20

Are you calibrating the compass before every flight?

Mark G.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KiKe SkyWorks Posted at 2017-9-20 09:20

Does this issue happen in every open place? Please reply Mark's question and provide more info here, thank you.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules