How to tell if battery is genuine DJI Intelligent Battery?
7107 8 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaronmc93
New

United States

I bought a DJI Phantom 2 intelligent battery from Power Hobby on eBay. I charged it and plugged it in. Everything powers up (gimbal moves) but the motors wont start. The battery that came with the quad works fine. I've tried cleaning the contacts on the quad and battery. I think it may be a clone battery. When I plug it in to the computer it says "Not DJI Intelligent battery!". Is there a way to tell if the battery is genuine by the serial number or any identifying features
2015-2-18
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

All of my batteries have a barcode sticker on the bottom that starts with "DJ".
2015-2-18
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Have you contacted Power Hobby?. From their price it should be genuine. If no satisfaction with them then contact Ebay.
2015-2-18
Use props
Aaronmc93
New

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-2-19 04:40
Have you contacted Power Hobby?. From their price it should be genuine. If no satisfaction with them ...

I sent them a message. I haven't got a response yet. If I can find their phone number I will give them a ring. The serial number doesn't start with "DJ". I suspect that I was sold a fake.
2015-2-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

How to tell if battery is genuine DJI Intelligent Battery?

Ask the battery if it knows what 2 + 2 is,  if it gives you the right answer, it is INTELLIGENT!
2015-2-18
Use props
Aaronmc93
New

United States

I sent it back for a return. Apparently Power Hobby has two different listings  (genuine/knockoff) on eBay for DJI Phantom 2 Batteries.

Knockoff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380977741395
Genuine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380977741482

Buyer beware!
2015-2-19
Use props
Moto70
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I wonder if DJi (being a Chinese company) get miffed at these Chinese knock-off parts?
2015-2-19
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

pretty shitty of power hobby to sell knock offs wihtout it clearly indicating that
2015-2-19
Use props
anthony
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After spending so much on my phantom I have made a firm decision not to try and save £30.00 so I'm getting my DJI Battery from  a DJI dealer. I dread the thought of this machine falling from the sky due to a  counterfeit battery it's not worth the chance guys
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules