Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating Batteries Phantom 4 Pro
5825 17 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jc918
lvl.1
United States

I'm still learning please forgive me if this is a basic question. How do I update the Phantom 4 pro extended battery and the basic Phantom 4 batteries?  Can this be done using DJI Assistant 2 ?

Thanks

2017-1-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Once you have updated the phantom firmware just power down and change the battery.  If the battery needs updating the opening screen of the Go app will say something like "Inconsistant firmware" and update the battery.  Do this for each of your batteries.  It doesn't require Assistant 2.
2017-1-27
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-1-27 21:52
Once you have updated the phantom firmware just power down and change the battery.  If the battery needs updating the opening screen of the Go app will say something like "Inconsistant firmware" and update the battery.  Do this for each of your batteries.  It doesn't require Assistant 2.

He asked HOW to update the battery - you did not answer the question, I would like to know as well.
2017-6-21
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-21 05:34
He asked HOW to update the battery - you did not answer the question, I would like to know as well.

Actually, hummingbird answered the question and wrote the steps to update a battery that needs updating. Just follow the steps... If the battery needed the update you will see its center two leds blinking for a shor† time, then it will be all...  power down and restart with a new battery.
2017-6-21
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

It will say "inconsistent firmware" and then asks if you want to update.  There is a slider to acknowledge if you want to update or not.  Slide it to start the update.  This really messed me up because I had trouble with this past update and my AC and RC were in two different states.  I thought I had that fixed, took it out to fly and it said inconsistent firmware.  I thought I still had the same problem.  It would help if it said, "battery has inconsistent firmware"!  I spent hours trying to figure out a problem I didn't actually have!  Not impressed with DJI at the moment!  Been trying to fly all long weekend (Canada Day) and haven't lifted off yet!
2017-7-3
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

this has stumped me for a long time so happy someone steered me in the right direction to this thread today!
2017-8-8
Use props
ROKI
lvl.4

Croatia

should I update the battery with the new software or can update with the software I now have in phantom 4 pro but without updating my new software ?
2017-12-30
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As stated above, if there is an update available you will be notified at the battery icon in the "GO App and the update will start automatically. Battery update usually comes along with a new firmware update. If you have several batteries you can do a re-boot with each battery.
2017-12-30
Use props
ROKI
lvl.4

Croatia

But I would not have the new software I would like to put in the battery the software that I now have.
Is this possible or just the latest software that destroys everything ?
2017-12-30
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

ROKI Posted at 2017-12-30 07:46
But I would not have the new software I would like to put in the battery the software that I now have.
Is this possible or just the latest software that destroys everything ?

if you have already used your battery with the firmware you already have in the drone, there is no need to update the batteries as they are already updated to that software -otherwise you would have had a few alerts telling you to update them.
2017-12-30
Use props
ROKI
lvl.4

Croatia

can fly without the need to update a new battery ?
2017-12-31
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ROKI Posted at 2017-12-30 04:07
should I update the battery with the new software or can update with the software I now have in phantom 4 pro but without updating my new software ?

The battery updates come along with the new firmware updates. Your battery are up to date with whatever version you are running. If there are any new battery updates you will have to update to the newer version. Hope this helps.
2017-12-31
Use props
Wingshooter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the question that will come up if the battery needs updated.  Swipe the blue bar.  It only updates the battery to the current firmware of the aircraft.  It does not change anything else.

2017-12-31
Use props
ROKI
lvl.4

Croatia

does not change software on phantomu 4 pro ?
but only battery software ?
2017-12-31
Use props
Rvrrat14
First Officer
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Just got a new battery from Santa for P4A.   Charged it up and checked it out yesterday.   All Fine.   No update was required, which surprised me.
2017-12-31
Use props
fansc4fad5bb
New
Flight distance : 48763 ft
United Kingdom

Great tip thanks, just bought a new battery and had to do this. Job tomorrow so sorted today. Cheers
2017-12-31
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-21 05:54
Actually, hummingbird answered the question and wrote the steps to update a battery that needs updating. Just follow the steps... If the battery needed the update you will see its center two leds blinking for a shor† time, then it will be all...  power down and restart with a new battery.

Now biting lip and sitting on hands to prevent acidic comments........Proving hard. Must......Shouldn’t.....Stupid.....
2017-12-31
Use props
ROKI
lvl.4

France

if i update battery i ate it then software 01.05.0300 or it remains this koi now i have in dron ?
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules