3282 46 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr C.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13894 ft
United Kingdom

hi all,

First post on here and unfortunately it's about a complaint.

I bought a P3P back in 2016, which I had to return due to a fault.

Replacement came and has worked perfectly since. Took it out a couple of weeks ago and noticed, during pre flight checks, that there were stress crack on two of the motor arms. Some googling and checking various forums tells me that this is a known issue and one that DJI will repair/replace under warranty.

Sent it back to DJI and got an email yesterday quoting me over 800$ to replace the drone/camera & gimbal !!!!!!!!!

They have sent me just two pictures, showing that the water indicator has gone pink! There is no mention of the stress cracks at all. Firstly I don't know how the indicator has gone pink, unless it is possible  to get water ingress following a very sudden and heavy rain shower? And secondly why no mention of the stress cracks, which is what it was returned for!!!

Seems like someone has taken it apart at the factory, seen the water indicator and decided that everything needs to be replaced, without looking at the stress crack issues!

The drone works perfectly, so why are DJI insisting it has to be replaced?

Not impressed at all with DJI and will be taking this further.

Has anyone else had the same issue, what was the outcome?
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties, Mr C. Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.
2017-1-28
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-28 04:44
Sorry you are experiencing difficulties, Mr C. Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.

Sure, do I send these details to you via personal message?
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

I am in the same boat. Worked fine prior to a firmware update sent in and claiming moisture.

2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Same quote. 880$ to replace drone camera etc.

For real!

2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-28 08:48
Same quote. 880$ to replace drone camera etc.

For real!

What is your case number and I will inquire about it.
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-28 10:27
What is your case number and I will inquire about it.

CAS-400642-Z3W7W7

Thank you
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-28 10:40
CAS-400642-Z3W7W7

Thank you

No problem, I should have more information for you on Monday.
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-28 10:50
No problem, I should have more information for you on Monday.

sent you a pm
2017-1-28
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My case number: CAS-414651-D9X6Z6 CRM.
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Sorry did not mean to hijack your thread, I thought they had taken care of you
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr C. Posted at 2017-1-28 05:30

Sorry, I didn't receive your PM. I have sent you one. Please let me know if you can receive that.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr C. Posted at 2017-1-28 05:30

Sorry, I didn't receive your PM. I have sent you one. Please let me know if you can receive that.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans4dc5fc21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842024 ft
United Kingdom

Hello live in the U.K. Have a Phantom 4 pro 4 that I crashed into trees, Camera has broken off. What's the procedure for sending for repair??
2017-1-28
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

$800 sounds crazy.  At worst they should quote a refurb unit that DJI sells for something like $580 and that includes a battery (no charger or remote).  I had lots more damage than that for an actual crash where they replaced the upper/lower shell (it was damaged but I thought it was salvagable) and a repair of the gimbal where the yaw motor cover plate, yaw motor, yaw arm, roll arm, ribbon cable were damaged but clearly I got a new gimbal assembly as the original camera body was well scratched (no damage to the lens/CCD that I was aware of) but now there's not a scratch on it.   Total cost including labor: $178.
A rain shower could have caused the indicator to go pink, but if the electronics show no errors and it works perfectly, then the moisture indicator should be disregarded in this case.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans4dc5fc21 Posted at 2017-1-28 16:28
Hello live in the U.K. Have a Phantom 4 pro 4 that I crashed into trees, Camera has broken off. What's the procedure for sending for repair??

Sorry for your crash, here's a link to start the repair service.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-28
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-1-28 17:19
$800 sounds crazy.  At worst they should quote a refurb unit that DJI sells for something like $580 and that includes a battery (no charger or remote).  I had lots more damage than that for an actual crash where they replaced the upper/lower shell (it was damaged but I thought it was salvagable) and a repair of the gimbal where the yaw motor cover plate, yaw motor, yaw arm, roll arm, ribbon cable were damaged but clearly I got a new gimbal assembly as the original camera body was well scratched (no damage to the lens/CCD that I was aware of) but now there's not a scratch on it.   Total cost including labor: $178.
A rain shower could have caused the indicator to go pink, but if the electronics show no errors and it works perfectly, then the moisture indicator should be disregarded in this case.

I know that they have offered people refurb models previously, at a reduced cost,  but in this case I will refuse to pay for something that is a very well known and documented manufacturing problem, i.e. Stress cracks!

The drone worked and flew perfectly well before I sent it to DJI and it had better be exactly the same when it comes back. The issue is stress cracks, NOT a faulty drone DJI !!!!!

I already have reservations, that if they refuse to honour the warranty and I ask for it to be returned to me, it will come back with sudden issues with the parts they are trying to sting me for!

I will report back when I hear something more.
2017-1-29
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-28 16:21

Pm received and reply sent, thanks.
2017-1-29
Use props
Shrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61316 ft
United Kingdom

fans4dc5fc21 Posted at 2017-1-29 09:44
This comes up when I try to get into the repair centre. Any ideas what to do now?

Talk to DJI on Chat,

if it's still in Warranty they will send you a Returns Shipping Label
2017-1-29
Use props
fans4dc5fc21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842024 ft
United Kingdom

How do you do that, should be in warranty as it's only a week or so old. The crash was my own fault, just looking for a repair
2017-1-29
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, I still haven't heard anything from DJI and after spending the last 40 minutes in live chat, all they are able to say is that someone will contact me within the next 48hrs, again!!!!!!!

I have read so many complaints about poor service from DJI and now I understand why! Absolutely disgusted that I am still waiting for someone to contact me and even more so that they are trying to charge me for parts that were fully working when it was returned to them, with no mention at all of the actual fault it was returned for!!!

Very very poor DJI, very poor!!!
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

You and me both. They claimed moisture (no picture proof)
And now they are saying it was a update prior to ??

Sure hope someone can get this taken care of.
2017-1-30
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I also notice that no one from DJI has bothered to reply to my posts on here either!
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mr C. Posted at 2017-1-30 14:15
I also notice that no one from DJI has bothered to reply to my posts on here either!

Sorry, I still don't have received your case number. We'd love to help you out. Could you please provide me with the case number here?
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

His case number here in screen shot
IMG_2399.PNG
2017-1-30
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-30 18:24
Sorry, I still don't have received your case number. We'd love to help you out. Could you please provide me with the case number here?

You mean the case number Mr C posted above?  

My case number: CAS-414651-D9X6Z6 CRM.
2017-1-30
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have sent 2 PM's to you DJI Mindy, don't understand why you haven't received them!

But as has already been posted, here it is yet again

CAS-414651-D9X6Z6

Would people mind not posting their own case numbers on my thread please, that way it won't get missed again. Thanks
2017-1-30
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yet another waste of my time speaking to DJI, this time via telephone. All anyone ever says is that they can't help and will raise a ticket for someone to look into the matter.........and this will take 24-48hrs. That's the third time I have been fobbed off with the same excuse. I am thoroughly disgusted with this matter and with DJI's terrible customer service. There is now, I suspect, zero chance that I will get my drone back before I go away on holiday next week, which was the whole point in sending it back when I did, so that it would be returned in plenty time.

Add to that the insult of DJI trying to charge me £800 for unnecessary repairs and my frustration and disappointment grows by the minute.

I will be updating this thread at regular intervals, to highlight to everyone the very very poor customer service that DJI expect their customers to put up with!

0/10 so far DJI {:4_154:}
2017-1-31
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It's now over 48 hrs since I was promised an update and surprise surprise nothing! What an utter disgrace you are DJI! {:4_154:}
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Good luck Mr.C

I have pulled my hair on my case. I think it's a losing battle
2017-1-31
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 08:30
Good luck Mr.C

How do you cancel your job? The only link on my quote is straight to the payment method!

If I haven't heard anything within the next 24hrs I will be requesting they just return it. Disgraceful customer service!
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Email them back to return it
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Pretty sad
2017-1-31
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Had an email from DJI refusing to budge on the issue! They have not even acknowledged the stress crack issue I returned it for in the first place and insist there is water damage!!!!!!!!!

I have asked for it to be returned, in full working order, as it was when I sent it too them (except for the stress cracks of course) but I remain very concerned that it will be returned and now miraculously won't work!!!!!!

I will sell it for whatever I can get for it and move to another manufacturer in future, perhaps Yuneec next time.
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Yes yuneec customer service is top notch.

I am switching over. I had a inspire 2 on order. Have since cancelled it as well listing my phantom 4 on eBay.

Horrible experience for sure.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mr C. Posted at 2017-1-31 08:50
How do you cancel your job? The only link on my quote is straight to the payment method!

If I haven't heard anything within the next 24hrs I will be requesting they just return it. Disgraceful customer service!

I have escalated your case with the Europe Support team in order to get your latest request processed.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 08:30
Good luck Mr.C

Per your last request with Support, the unit will be moved to the Shipping Department soon.
2017-1-31
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-31 12:12
Per your last request with Support, the unit will be moved to the Shipping Department soon.

Still without any acknowledgement of the stress crack issue it was returned for in the first place!

Absolutely disgusting treatment from DJI and I won't be buying any more products in future and will tell others to avoid them as well.

DJI should be ashamed of themselves.
2017-1-31
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-30 18:24

Mindy, you are an ace at helping people out and I thank you for it.

Hopefully I will not need your help when I hear back about my case.  I am anxiously awaiting their breakdown, a lot out of curiosity but I hope it's not a brush over like I am hearing here.  

They recieved it in Carson on Monday, how long should it take to get a response usually?

Thanks again for being kind.  Same thing with @Dji-Ken, always helpful!
2017-1-31
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 11:52
Yes yuneec customer service is top notch.

I am switching over. I had a inspire 2 on order. Have since cancelled it as well listing my phantom 4 on eBay.

In all fairness to DJI, Yuneec doesn't get as many calls.

I called Yuneec twice for a marketing thing, and the person I spoke to remembered my voice and said my name and answered without a cue.  DJI always has like 20 people in the cue.

Be careful what you wish for. I was sent a free Typhoon H (actually two of them from Yuneec) and they are such crap that I will take the bad support over crappy gear.  The camera at least in the standard H is absolute rubbish and it flies a sluggishly to me and the app is bloated and go check out the bitrate on the 1080p settings for the H (hint, they are variable and 1 is setting at 1080p is at a bit rate of 6), yes 6. The number 6. LOL. Their "Gorgeous" setting at 4K is their highest at like 47 and their other ones are like 37, 29 or something. I am not sure why they have variable bitrates.  Ugh not a fan of the H
2017-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules