Questions to those already flying the I 2
537 4 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I took my I2 for its maiden flight early this morning.  I started off with making sure all updates were current and then calibrated the compass without issue and got the familiar "home point has been updated" in no time.

My first on the ground test was to just start the I2 up, let it idle and then killed the motors.  On the P4 P (and P4) one pulls the left stick to the very left or right bottom after landing and it then takes a second or two before the motors switch off.

On the I2 it seems that one has to pull the left stick down to the max middle (not left / right very bottom) - it then about stops the motors immediately.

QUESTION 1.  I'm a bit baffled...  what happens when I fly the I2 at height and want to decend fast and pull the left stick down max middle?  Will I kill the motors?

QUESTION 2.  Just before take-off, with everything ready to go, I get a yellow warning message that the Front Avoidance Sensors are not working....  The warning disappears after take-off.  Is this how it should be?? (I'm in P mode)

I've tested the basic drone as well as the X5S this morning.  It seems fine with no issues with the landing gear or out of focus parts of the sensor as far as I can see.  I'll post a short video soon.

2017-1-28
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Answer 1: The I2 knows that it is not at ground level therefore will not kill the motors when brining the left down middle. Not really sure how it knows but it does. Maybe a change in altitude tells the I2 is still in the air. A side note: I tend to not bring the stick all the way down. It really drops like a rock so unless I'm looking for some filming affect that requires me to do so, I tend to ease it down.

Answer 2: Obstacle Avoidance is normally disabled when landing gear is down or during transition to flight mode.   
2017-1-28
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

Great and thanks very much!!
2017-1-28
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi JWC P4 P, re: Q1 - you have the possibility to disable this "stop motor method" once the bird is in the air. See Main Controller Settings, Advanced Settings, Stop Motor Method -Y do not stop motors in air.
2017-1-28
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
South Africa

Ah!  Thanks - will check that out!
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules