Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
N3 flight controller issues
9813 23 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hazardPRO
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When I power up the N3 I get the LED flash all color lights over and over - cant see anything in manual?

2017-1-28
Use props
hazardPRO
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also when I connect it to assistant 2 its not recognised :/ If I plugin the GPS (into the PMU) I get a solid red light ("critical error")
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on what's provided, it seems like the unit is trying to warm up. Just to clarify, have you ensured all the components are connected properly? Could you provide a list of your set up? Any visuals of the issue would be appreciated,
2017-1-30
Use props
ContraSpec
lvl.1

South Africa

I too am having N3 problems, i have emailed support with zero response.  i have blinking red on gps and imu, blinking blue on psu,

in the assistant i get the error that the barometer is not connected.
Please Note:   this is a new installation,  still in the calibration stage of the installation. (had to purchace a sbus reciever, which is not compatible, had to order a D-Bus adaptor) which now is working. but im stuck due to cannot calibrate IMU or Compass.

2017-2-1
Use props
doug.xtremevisi
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have resolved my issue after hooking up to assistant and updating firmware.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ContraSpec Posted at 2017-2-1 00:17
I too am having N3 problems, i have emailed support with zero response.  i have blinking red on gps and imu, blinking blue on psu,

in the assistant i get the error that the barometer is not connected.

Just to clarify, is everything up to date firmware-wise? If you have more information that you supplied to Support, do you happen to have the ticket or case number that I can look up for further review?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

doug.xtremevisi Posted at 2017-2-5 09:21
I have resolved my issue after hooking up to assistant and updating firmware.

Good to hear you were able to get yourself sorted.
2017-2-7
Use props
ContraSpec
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 13:55
Just to clarify, is everything up to date firmware-wise? If you have more information that you supplied to Support, do you happen to have the ticket or case number that I can look up for further review?

Hi Jamie,

My Case number - CAS-454812-Z0M9X9
device was shipped today,
i am really disappointed that an brand new boxed device is faulty, costing me a fortune in shipping and loss of income. the worst is the slow responses from support, takes forever to get email replies.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ContraSpec Posted at 2017-3-16 11:43
Hi Jamie,

My Case number - CAS-454812-Z0M9X9

Are you sending in just the flight controller, or the whole craft? I understand the frustration, the Support team will get you up and running in no time.
2017-3-17
Use props
ContraSpec
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 16:16
Are you sending in just the flight controller, or the whole craft? I understand the frustration, the Support team will get you up and running in no time.

only the flight controller
2017-3-23
Use props
user8652f45beb
New
Flight distance : 35289 ft
United States

Just unboxed my new N3 today and connected the LED, PMU and GPS. Then connected it to the Assistant software and decided to update the firmware. After that everything failed. Getting only a solid red light from the LED indicating a critical error. N3 Autopilot flashes redPMU is flashing green and GPS compass is flashing red. Will not connect to assitant software, just a spinning icon and am locked out of the menu options. WHAT HAPPENED? How do I fix this issue. Again the N3 is brand new and under warrenty, should I send it back to DJI?

Update: I just found if I unplug and replug in the USB then I can downgrade my firmware but this has zero effect in fixing the critical error.
HELP please.
Thanks
2017-6-25
Use props
fans6384f557
New
Belgium

user8652f45beb Posted at 2017-6-25 20:17
Just unboxed my new N3 today and connected the LED, PMU and GPS. Then connected it to the Assistant software and decided to update the firmware. After that everything failed. Getting only a solid red light from the LED indicating a critical error. N3 Autopilot flashes redPMU is flashing green and GPS compass is flashing red. Will not connect to assitant software, just a spinning icon and am locked out of the menu options. WHAT HAPPENED? How do I fix this issue. Again the N3 is brand new and under warrenty, should I send it back to DJI?

Update: I just found if I unplug and replug in the USB then I can downgrade my firmware but this has zero effect in fixing the critical error.

Is your N3 powered with 24V or lower ? By default the battery alarm is set at 22V (I think
). So if your voltage is lower than 22V you get the red led.
2017-7-4
Use props
user8652f45beb
New
Flight distance : 35289 ft
United States

Having a weird N3 flight controller issue myself, not sure if it stemming from the LB2 or the N3 flight controller. Throttle down is not responding to throttle stick position. Both LB2 and N3 are running current firmware.

Symtoms:
1.  The throttle stick position on the LB2 controller is non responsive to lower stick position. I can throttle up but throttling down is non-responsive until stick hits bottom then stops motors all together. stick settings in Assistant 2.1.1.2 sliders checks out fine.

2.  In Assistant 2.1.1.2 software, I’ve set all gains to their lowest values, with propulsion system bandwidth set to 150 (small props). The intention is to walk up the values 10% at a time until I get my desired results, however, there seems to be no change in behavior as a result of changes. No change in the throttle down problem.

3. shouldn't the PMU also be displayed in the Assistant software Topography screen? I only see the LED, N3 and GPS module.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
2017-8-14
Use props
DonLien
New
Flight distance : 4692 ft

United States

Is it possible to get some recommended gain settings for the N3 mounted to some common DJI airframes?  I would be particularly interested in the settings for the S900 / LB2 with the X5 camera.  That guidance has  been provided in the user manual of other flight controllers produced by DJI.  I am sure others would be interested the same settings for the S1000 and perhaps the F550.  Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-28
Use props
DonLien
New
Flight distance : 4692 ft

United States

DonLien Posted at 2017-8-28 16:13
Is it possible to get some recommended gain settings for the N3 mounted to some common DJI airframes?  I would be particularly interested in the settings for the S900 / LB2 with the X5 camera.  That guidance has  been provided in the user manual of other flight controllers produced by DJI.  I am sure others would be interested the same settings for the S1000 and perhaps the F550.  Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Just to close the loop on this.  I was a moron.  Reading  thru the S900 manual and found this commet on page 22 of the user manual.   "DJI ESCs are specifically designed for multi-rotors.  When used with DJI autopilot systems parameters and travel ranges do not have to be calibrated."
2017-9-18
Use props
fans86d3df05
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I have bought 2 N3's now in the past month and both do the same thing. When I power them up they will initialize and then flash all colors on the status indicator. The GPS puck never turns on and isn't recognized by the assistant 2 software. When I do a firmware update, it gets all the way up to 99% and then says failed to update and the reason is "PMU not connected" They show a fully charged 6s battery at .31volts on the assistant and the go app. If I unplug the GPS puck they show the correct voltage. It never recognizes the GPS puck no matter what. I'm using the LB2 system. What is issue and how can I resolve it??
2018-3-25
Use props
Ninja36
New

Japan

Hi, I am getting a solid red light in the indicator of my N3 controller. In the the DJI Assistant 2, it shows "sys - SD card exception. please repair SD card." under N3 IMU.
I have this error sometimes and sometimes the flight controller works fine!

How to resolve this issue??
2019-1-30
Use props
drobot
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Ninja36 Posted at 1-30 00:33
Hi, I am getting a solid red light in the indicator of my N3 controller. In the the DJI Assistant 2, it shows "sys - SD card exception. please repair SD card." under N3 IMU.
I have this error sometimes and sometimes the flight controller works fine!

Hi, did you solve this issue? Experiencing the same problem.
2019-3-13
Use props
Belinin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457579 ft
  • >>>
Russia

drobot Posted at 3-13 03:40
Hi, did you solve this issue? Experiencing the same problem.

faced the same problem, it turned out to solve the replacement of the SD

2019-6-24
Use props
Belinin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457579 ft
  • >>>
Russia

2019-6-24
Use props
fansed722954
Flight distance : 34892 ft
United States

I can't get this stupid paper weight to connect to the A2 assistant? I believe there's a huge problem with these that DJI is refusing to admit. Just replace all of the units that Don't work. I'm tired of wasting hours trying every possible fix that never works including reinstalling the Assistant with the new firmware. All I get is 4 yellow flashes then solid red
2019-8-10
Use props
Pete Smith
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The NAZA N3 Flight controller NG.
I am using your NAZA N3 flight controller with a Taranis X8R and X9D with a Dell XPS Laptop running Windows 10. I have read the manuals and have watched several videos on setting up the N3. I have reloaded the N3 Assistant software several times, this makes no difference. I have also used a different USB lead and USB port on my laptop, this makes no difference to the NG operation. I have used this equipment successfully to build quadcopters and hexacopters with the NAZA V2 flight controller and Assistant software.

I have the following problems:-   When using the N3 assistant software I cannot configure some of the required data for my hexacopter...see list below.

1. Cannot input the GPS dish position in the center of gravity page.

2. Cannot change the setting for the N3 flight controller center of gravity location.

3. Cannot calibrate the joysticks with the Assistant. Their movement is not sensed by the Ass
2020-5-12
Use props
Pete Smith
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The NAZA N3 Flight controller NG.
I am using your NAZA N3 flight controller with a Taranis X8R and X9D with a Dell XPS Laptop running Windows 10. I have read the manuals and have watched several videos on setting up the N3. I have reloaded the N3 Assistant software several times, this makes no difference. I have also used a different USB lead and USB port on my laptop, this makes no difference to the NG operation. I have used this equipment successfully to build quadcopters and hexacopters with the NAZA V2 flight controller and Assistant software.

I have the following problems:-   When using the N3 assistant software I cannot configure some of the required data for my hexacopter...see list below.

1. Cannot input the GPS dish position in the center of gravity page.

2. Cannot change the setting for the N3 flight controller center of gravity location.

3. Cannot calibrate the joysticks with the Assistant. Their movement is not sensed by the Ass
2020-5-12
Use props
phantomcruiser2
lvl.1

United States

me too,,,,,,,someone  tell us how to fix this problem
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules