Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is my brand new I2 a sick bird?
1996 21 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have had the I2 for 3 weeks now but have only flown it 2-3 times since a lot of the parts did not arrive until this week. The batteries, SSD cards and 2´nd controller where delayed.
But today, after I yesterday installed the SSD and added the extra controller I have ran into a bunch of issues.

Here is a list, followed with images that show the issues...

* I get everytime I start up the error message 0x800000
* 2 times it was replaced with the error message 0x80002
* My FPV picture is gone, but I can tilt the camera with the controller
* My SSD card have a strange date and formatting it does not help - 01.01.1970 @ 01.00. The files on the SSD card have correct time-stamp.

Update: I removed a few images and deleted some text, since I have been made aware that I overlooked the limitations of the 120GB SSD disks not beeing able to record at 5.2k resolution.
IMG_5154.jpg
IMG_5156.jpg
IMG_5159.jpg
IMG_5160.jpg
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_5162.jpg
2017-1-28
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

And now I seam to have a issues with the dual controller setup. Earlier today they worked fine but tonight they keep disconnecting and reconnecting to each other.

demo video:
2017-1-28
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

That is some odd stuff there. DJI will help you get it all sorted, but do not be surprised If you have to send it in. maybe they can do something with firmware fix?
2017-1-28
Use props
alexgold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31581 ft
United States

Just got my Inspire 2 as well, though my SSD's haven't arrived yet. I'm not sure about your controller and other issues, but the SSD issue is fairly straightforward. Using the 120G SSD,  you can't record raw at a resolution higher than 4K. Check out the specs here:

http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-ssd-120#/

Do you have the 240 or 480G SSD to test with the higher raw resolution? It looks like you could record to ProRes at 5.2k though. Good luck with everything else! I'm having the landing gear issue myself, and I'm taking it out for further testing today.
2017-1-28
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

alexgold Posted at 2017-1-28 13:37
Just got my Inspire 2 as well, though my SSD's haven't arrived yet. I'm not sure about your controller and other issues, but the SSD issue is fairly straightforward. Using the 120G SSD,  you can't record raw at a resolution higher than 4K. Check out the specs here:

http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-2-ssd-120#/

I totally overlooked that detail in the specs about the 120gb cards not allowing for 5.2k dng recording. So much for saving a few bucks
But I guess I´ll manage, since I will most likely not be using that high a resolution anyway in 99.9% of the cases. At least I know now how to get there

Thanks for the heads-up and hopefully your landing-gear issues gets solved.
2017-1-28
Use props
alexgold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31581 ft
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-1-28 13:45
I totally overlooked that detail in the specs about the 120gb cards not allowing for 5.2k dng recording. So much for saving a few bucks
But I guess I´ll manage, since I will most likely not be using that high a resolution anyway in 99.9% of the cases. At least I know now how to get there

No problem, it would be nice if the error you got was a little clearer about what the problem was, right? If you do need the higher res, shooting ProRes is 'almost' as good as raw, from what I've read. As for mine, I hope I don't have to send it in. Hopefully I'll figure it out today.
2017-1-28
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

alexgold Posted at 2017-1-28 13:59
No problem, it would be nice if the error you got was a little clearer about what the problem was, right? If you do need the higher res, shooting ProRes is 'almost' as good as raw, from what I've read. As for mine, I hope I don't have to send it in. Hopefully I'll figure it out today.

yes.. those error codes are not quite so easy to understand.
I am hoping that my reseller steps in, but I won't know until monday.
Since I bought mine at a retailer I think that this should be a issue between them and DJI, I as a buyer should not have to accept a product that has failures and errors from the first few days. If other electronics like a TV breaks so soon it gets swapped without a hesitation.
2017-1-28
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Runi Posted at 2017-1-28 13:02
And now I seam to have a issues with the dual controller setup. Earlier today they worked fine but tonight they keep disconnecting and reconnecting to each other.

demo video: youtube video

Hallo Runi,

Was dein Problem mit dem Master und slave verbindung angeht, kannst du mal versuchen ein bisschen mehr Distanz zwischen deine Rc's zu bringen. Wenn ich richtig gesehen habe stehen sie sehr nahe  zusammen und das kann manchmal unter gewissen Umständen zu Interferenzen führen. Probiere es einfach mal.

Patrick
2017-1-29
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

patou72 Posted at 2017-1-29 10:58
Hallo Runi,

Was dein Problem mit dem Master und slave verbindung angeht, kannst du mal versuchen ein bisschen mehr Distanz zwischen deine Rc's zu bringen. Wenn ich richtig gesehen habe stehen sie sehr nahe  zusammen und das kann manchmal unter gewissen Umständen zu Interferenzen führen. Probiere es einfach mal.

Hi Patrick.
Luckily I do understand a bit german so I was able to decode your message

The controllers where further apart, I just pushed them together to get them bot with my iPhone. I have also been made aware that this might be caused by a strong wifi signal. I will be testing some more tomorrow and outside this time to se if this was just a bad test on my behalf.
2017-1-29
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Runi Posted at 2017-1-29 11:11
Hi Patrick.

Hello Runi,

Sorry for my post in german but you are listed as someone from there.
And yes, as you said, try it maybe once more outside...Hope you will get this (and the other problems) fixed soon.

Patrick
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-1-29 11:11
Hi Patrick.

Did the Air Encoder error and FPV error occur prior to using the SSD cards? For the RC, have you tried relinking them to the aircraft?
2017-1-29
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Just return it for a refund or replacement - it clearly is broken in some manner and not fit for purpose.
You have consumer rights and should receive a product that works as advertised.

Whatever the fix is, it's not your problem.
2017-1-29
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 19:53
Did the Air Encoder error and FPV error occur prior to using the SSD cards? For the RC, have you tried relinking them to the aircraft?

Hej DJI-Jamie.
It hard to say, there was so short interval between those to events that I can not say with certainty.

I do however recollect that the same day (I was filming with the drone during the day and the SSD arrived in the meantime), I had been filming and done 4 flights in the morning, in the afternoon I pack the drone out and after It had started up I get a notice "inconsistent firmware". I therefor gave it permission to reload the firmware. I then do two flights for around 15 min each.
Later that day I arrive at the office and receive the SSD and RC. I then spend 15 minutes on connecting and inserting the SSD, then I shut it down and put it back and take it with me home. The next morning I pack it out and start it up. This is when I se the error code first.
2017-1-30
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United States

You can get "inconsistent firmware" if you mix up paired batteries... I found this by error in a hurry to get in the air. I have since fitted the labels to ensure "pairs" are easy to identify
2017-1-30
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-30 19:42
You can get "inconsistent firmware" if you mix up paired batteries... I found this by error in a hurry to get in the air. I have since fitted the labels to ensure "pairs" are easy to identify

Hi Dr Jon.
I can outrule that the batteries where mixed up since I have all my batteries marked with labels and grouped together in the cases. I even checked to make sure I did not make that mistake before applying the update refresh.
I´ve done countless test with the drone since I grounded it but nothing seems to bring me closer to a solution. My theory is now that this is a case of faulty parts and can not be solved by others then DJI. I hope that I can return it and get it replaced. A machine of this price class should not fail so soon and by so little effort.
2017-1-31
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

wish you well in your dealings with DJI, I have found you need to be very firm and insistent on what you need as an outcome. I live here in China and find if i adopt the Chinese attitude with them i get things fix or changed very quickly.

Please remember the DJI support lines don't work for DJI and have no technical knowledge. You would do better either using WeChat or the online chat line as these are manned by DJI staff and can be helpful.

I'am sure once they replace the I2 you will become very happy with it like i have with mine. early teething problems are now resolved and getting some very good films from the I2.  
2017-1-31
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-31 02:37
wish you well in your dealings with DJI, I have found you need to be very firm and insistent on what you need as an outcome. I live here in China and find if i adopt the Chinese attitude with them i get things fix or changed very quickly.

Please remember the DJI support lines don't work for DJI and have no technical knowledge. You would do better either using WeChat or the online chat line as these are manned by DJI staff and can be helpful.

Hehe... thats why I am writing to the support devision in Holland
I got some good news from the dealer, they are looking in to the matter and hopefully it will be a replacement rather then repair, since this is not related to use, but more likely a failure in the electronics.
For those that have been following this thread, I will keep you guys informed on the outcome. Its a good thing I kept my Inspire Pro since I only manage to get 5-6 flights out of the I2 before grounding it...
2017-1-31
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-1-31 11:46
Hehe... thats why I am writing to the support devision in Holland
I got some good news from the dealer, they are looking in to the matter and hopefully it will be a replacement rather then repair, since this is not related to use, but more likely a failure in the electronics.
For those that have been following this thread, I will keep you guys informed on the outcome. Its a good thing I kept my Inspire Pro  since I only manage to get 5-6 flights out of the I2 before grounding it...

Please do. I have been lurking the I2 threads with an itchy trigger finger.

I actually enjoy being part of the early adoption issues but not on what I'm going to pay for this guy.
2017-1-31
Use props
RCblog.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2481880 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Runi Posted at 2017-1-28 13:02

demo video: youtube video

Hi,

Did you get to resolve this by any chance?
Facing the exact same issue. Swapping RC's master/slave and several mobile devices doesn't make any difference...

Thanks.
2017-2-4
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

RCblog.nl Posted at 2017-2-4 16:19
Hi,

Did you get to resolve this by any chance?

The I2 is currently at DJI support so I am waiting for their discoveries...
2017-2-4
Use props
RCblog.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2481880 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Runi Posted at 2017-2-4 16:34
The I2 is currently at DJI support so I am waiting for their discoveries...

Any news? Still having this master-slave disconnect issue...
2017-2-23
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

I turned out that there was mailfunction in both the master controller and the front vision system (FPV camera). It has been repaired and is duo to be returned to me tomorrow.
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules