Can't download P3A manual and quick start guide
1056 11 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

I have old versions of these documents and would like to get the latest (English version).  I try to download from the DJI website but always get "Page Cannot Be Displayed".  I tried different languages just to see if they work, and the German version does download, so I don't think the problem is at my end.  I tried Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome browsers.
2017-1-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Downloaded it just a second ago.  Downloads fine for me.  English version.  
2017-1-28
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Tried it some more.  I can download the French, German, and Japanese versions, but no others.  Tried pdf and zip versions with same results.  Weird.
2017-1-28
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Be sure you get the version 1.8 since if you Google DJI phantom 3 advanced manual, you get some old place in DJI that has version 1.0, which is missing lots of stuff.  Go to DJI, then “Downloads” and you can find the V1.8 manual.  
http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2017-1-28
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

bob37 Posted at 2017-1-28 13:04
Be sure you get the version 1.8 since if you Google DJI phantom 3 advanced manual, you get some old place in DJI that has version 1.0, which is missing lots of stuff.  Go to DJI, then “Downloads” and you can find the V1.8 manual.  
http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

That is the page I have been trying.  Tried it by clicking on the link in your message and still get the same results.  Also having same issue with the Phantom 4 Pro documents.  
I have found I can download them in my iPhone 6+, but not my Windows 10 computer.
2017-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The flight manual is also found in the Go app as well.

If you want to read it, you already have a copy.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What pdf viewer are you using?  
2017-1-28
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-28 13:34
The flight manual is also found in the Go app as well.

If you want to read it, you already have a copy.... ;-)

Thanks.
I sold my P3A and was hoping to send a printout of the latest manual with it.  I'll send him version 1.6 (which I have) and let him try to get the latest.
2017-1-28
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Got the documents.  I downloaded them with the iPhone and transferred them over to the computer.  
2017-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Why don't you just send the buyer the manual link?
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... er_Manual__V1.6.pdf
Don't they have their own Internet? Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-28
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-28 13:57
Why don't you just send the buyer the manual link?
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual__V1.6.pdf
Don't they have their own Internet? Ha

I'm sure he has Internet.  But I wanted a copy of the manual staring him in the face when he opened the box, increasing the chances he would read it.  Also, at the time I didn't know whether the problem was with DJI's servers or not.
I ran across the same problem today when I tried to download DJI Assistant for my new P4P.  "Page cannot be displayed".  After a few hours of research and trial and error, I found that disabling "SSL/TSL protocol filtering" in my ESET NOD32 antivirus allows me to download the file.  Doesn't explain why I could previously download different language manuals, but at least I have a workaround.
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mikeon Posted at 2017-2-1 13:53
I'm sure he has Internet.  But I wanted a copy of the manual staring him in the face when he opened the box, increasing the chances he would read it.  Also, at the time I didn't know whether the problem was with DJI's servers or not.
I ran across the same problem today when I tried to download DJI Assistant for my new P4P.  "Page cannot be displayed".  After a few hours of research and trial and error, I found that disabling "SSL/TSL protocol filtering" in my ESET NOD32 antivirus allows me to download the file.  Doesn't explain why I could previously download different language manuals, but at least I have a workaround.

Yes, getting people to RTFM is important. Too bad more new pilots don't take that advice...

Hopefully your customer will be start enough to want to educate himself well, before firing it up. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules