Technical difficulties with Samsung S7 Edge - Switching to iPhone
1071 9 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Until recently, I'd been flying my Mavic Pro using my Galaxy S7 Edge without any issues. Then I started getting frequent "Disconnected" errors.  I tried re-installing DJI GO 4.  I made sure all the FW updates were up to date and consistent across hardware.  But nothing seemed to work and frustration filled my happy little world.

Though I really didn't want to resort to it, I finally gave in and tried flying with my iPhone (from work).  It's not the most-recent model of iPhone, but I can't decypher which model it is exactly.  Anyway, the iPhone works great.  It even fits into the RC better.  I do miss the larger screen of the S7, but I'll give that up to be able to fly without any issues.

Has anyone else run into similar problems with the S7 Edge?  Any suggestions for a solution?  Any settings I should monkey around with?

As an aside, I've had zero other issues with my Mavic.  It's an amazing device.

2017-1-28
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

Haven't had any issues with my S7 Edge yet.  I have seen it mentioned to make sure you don't have USB debugging enabled and make sure you don't have a competing app installed like DJIGo3 or Litchi, or if you do make sure you force stop them before taking flight.  Only other thing I can think of as a possible issue would be the USB cable, or possibly a memory issue if you have the phone loaded up with a lot of stuff. Good luck!
2017-1-28
Use props
fans8d6d70e2
New

United States

I use a Galaxy Note 5 and had, for the very first time, 2 disconnects that scared the hell out of me today.  They both happened while starting Active Track.  Many posts blame the disconnects on Android.  I hope the Android disconnects get addressed quickly.
2017-1-28
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Just remove the original cable and plug your normal usb to micro usb cable using the central port on the controller. Lots of cables are malfunctioning if you check the posts in the forum.
2017-1-28
Use props
GrungyNA
New

United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-28 18:47
Just remove the original cable and plug your normal usb to micro usb cable using the central port on the controller. Lots of cables are malfunctioning if you check the posts in the forum.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and replicate the problem tomorrow and see how it goes with a regular cable.
2017-1-28
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-28 18:47

Thanks! I'll give that a try! Come to think of it, when this connectivity issue started, I connected my S7 to the RC using that alternate method (to do some configuring, not to fly) and I had no connectivity issues.  But I thought that was just the nature of the issue... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
2017-1-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-1-28 14:46
Haven't had any issues with my S7 Edge yet.  I have seen it mentioned to make sure you don't have USB debugging enabled and make sure you don't have a competing app installed like DJIGo3 or Litchi, or if you do make sure you force stop them before taking flight.  Only other thing I can think of as a possible issue would be the USB cable, or possibly a memory issue if you have the phone loaded up with a lot of stuff. Good luck!

I just checked USB debugging and it is off. No DJI GO 3 or that other app. I think you and CuaC have it right: the cable is at fault. (See my reply to CuaC.) Thanks for the help!
2017-1-29
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-1-29 09:42
I just checked USB debugging and it is off. No DJI GO 3 or that other app. I think you and CuaC have it right: the cable is at fault. (See my reply to CuaC.) Thanks for the help!

You´re welcome, glad you solved it! Lots of people is reporting this issue, so...
2017-1-29
Use props
GiantBubbleGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41962 ft
United States

I've used my Mavic with my S7 Edge for about 6 flights without any issues.
2017-1-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

GiantBubbleGuy Posted at 2017-1-29 11:26
I've used my Mavic with my S7 Edge for about 6 flights without any issues.

UPDATE:  I did a couple of flights today after connecting my Galaxy S7 Edge to the RC using the USB socket along the back edge (the edge facing the user).  I had ZERO disconnection issues.  Yay!

I do have a little concern about the long-term use of this method.  It may cause some extra stress on the USB socket on the phone.

Thanks to all for the help!
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules