Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What am I doing wrong?
918 9 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Here's the problem. I can connect my Mavic as long as the switch is set to wi fi. The camera and video will come on. But if I slide the switch over to RC the remote won't connect, just keeps saying connecting, but doesn't. I'm using an iPad mini 2. The only thing I can think of is to connect the iPad to the remote I bought a 12 inch charging cable. I thought this cable would work, or am I wrong. Is a charging cable different from a the cables you'd use for downloads etc.? Any info would be appreciated.
2017-1-28
Use props
UltraKD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8579 ft
United States

you might have to link your remote controller to you mavic again, youtube has plenty of directions on how to do that with your mavic. Good Luck.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
United States

UltraKD Posted at 2017-1-28 13:53
you might have to link your remote controller to you mavic again, youtube has plenty of directions on how to do that with your mavic. Good Luck.

It's not a linking problem. I have since tried the short cable that plugs into the top left of the remote and it works. The one that doesn't work is plugged into the bottom with a 12inch cable. I'm beginning to think it's not the right cable.
2017-1-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-1-28 14:03
It's not a linking problem. I have since tried the short cable that plugs into the top left of the remote and it works. The one that doesn't work is plugged into the bottom with a 12inch cable. I'm beginning to think it's not the right cable.

Are you plugging into normal USB as in under where your phone goes or to mini USB , because I think you need to plug into normal USB for iPad to connect to RC
2017-1-28
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-1-28 14:03

I have the same thing Iphone + Ipad 2 works perfect in the controller connection but a linking cable with USB is not working with non of the above named devices. When you connect via WIFI it should not matter what kind of cable you are using.

Are you sure about the "disconnected" message, when I attached the phone and the normally working connection (with the supplied cables) a little wrong, did't push it all the way in. I got this message in DJI GO app "disconnected" but that was the connection phone/RC. Not RC/AC.

Hope it helps a little bit.
2017-1-28
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

If you are using the USB port at the bottom of the remote, make sure you unplug the small cable from the side of the remote. ?
2017-1-28
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
United States

DaveAus Posted at 2017-1-28 15:01
If you are using the USB port at the bottom of the remote, make sure you unplug the small cable from the side of the remote. ?

Yes, the small cable on the RC side is unplugged.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-1-28 14:40
I have the same thing Iphone + Ipad 2 works perfect in the controller connection but a linking cable with USB is not working with non of the above named devices. When you connect via WIFI it should not matter what kind of cable you are using.

Are you sure about the "disconnected" message, when I attached the phone and the normally working connection (with the supplied cables) a little wrong, did't push it all the way in. I got this message in DJI GO app "disconnected" but that was the connection phone/RC. Not RC/AC.

It works when connected to wifi, but I don't want to fly wifi. The message says Connecting, it says this for a few minutes and then times out and begins to shut down the remote. This happens when plugged into the USB on the remote bottom.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
United States

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I found the problem. It was my short cable, USB to Lightning it was bad cable that didn't work. I replaced it with another and it works fine now.
2017-1-28
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

if you still have a cable plugged in the side port,  when you try to use the usb port it will not work,  make sure the other cable is not plugged into the controller,   if you have done
that,  I would suggest your  delete and redownload  dji go 4,   or maybe try a reboot first,   I am using a mini 4  and had a issue the first use, with a green screen,  and all worked
after reboot,   i used the regular mini cable,  first  and had no issues, with it,  but  if you have a charge only cable, it might be a issue.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules