Going back to earlier versions of DJI Go
24900 20 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

Hey Everyone - there seems to be some issues lately with the DJI Go app not preforming how it should. I wanted to share my videos on how to rollback to an earier version of DJI Go for both iOS and Android. You can go back to an earlier version which doesn't have the problems after your update. For iOS, you need a computer but Android you can do it on your phone/tablet.

How-to Install older version of DJI Go on your iOS device (iPad/iPhone)

How-to Install older version of DJI Go on your Android device

2017-1-28
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i got litchi 50% off on Thanksgiving havent used it much but may start
2017-1-28
Use props
SpeedVision
lvl.2
Flight distance : 516168 ft
United States

Awesome, thanks.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans8e7ce689
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

I  installed an earlier version of DJI Go app to get google maps back and it worked. The day after  when I started DJIGo, I get a message in a big black background saying    "  Tips...   Your app must be updated to the latest version " And two choices of sites to download it from, it won't allow me to select anything else.
HERE maps are completely useless to me as the place where I like to fly most is covered by a huge cloud so no ground visible on the satelite view at all.
I havent  owned this drone for a year yet so considering going for a refund as it has become unfit for the purpose it was bought for.
2017-2-10
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
United States

fans8e7ce689 Posted at 2017-2-10 09:57
I  installed an earlier version of DJI Go app to get google maps back and it worked. The day after  when I started DJIGo, I get a message in a big black background saying    "  Tips...   Your app must be updated to the latest version " And two choices of sites to download it from, it won't allow me to select anything else.
HERE maps are completely useless to me as the place where I like to fly most is covered by a huge cloud so no ground visible on the satelite view at all.
I havent  owned this drone for a year yet so considering going for a refund as it has become unfit for the purpose it was bought for.

Are you on iOS or Android? I'm running into this on Android as well and havent yet figured out how to bypass it. I think its a server-side push tip DJI is pushing out.
2017-2-10
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

I'm on Android.
I think it is a way DJI is trying to force us to use Here maps for some reason.
2017-2-10
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
United States

Anthonyg Posted at 2017-2-10 10:40
I'm on Android.
I think it is a way DJI is trying to force us to use Here maps for some reason.

me too. They have to make $$ off of the usage .. but, this is a very monopolistic tactic :/
2017-2-10
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Downloaded this and its version 3.1.3, any one flown on it yet with the RTH problem solved ??
2017-2-10
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I am very disappointed that DJI now is forcing us to upgrade to the latest Go app. Why can't we choose what we want. I would like to trust they have all the issues addressed with the new 3.1.3, but from what we have all experienced in the past we know there could still be problems. I know they probably took a lot of heat over the "home-point" issue, and they should....but that is why a lot of us stayed back on 2.9, and now the option has been taken away. They are apparently banking on this new release to fix everything. I hope so, but I hate those "Here" maps too.
2017-2-10
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Where do i find the android downgrades
2017-12-29
Use props
TOG_WAS_HERE
New
United States

I love the fact the DJI staff will not give any sh1ts about this post or anyone response.  They are awful.
2018-1-12
Use props
Venom FPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3957 ft
Pakistan

they know its pointless to reply, we will always end up breaking their shackles, so bring em on new fw
2018-1-12
Use props
Stjinkyfeet
lvl.4
United States

TOG_WAS_HERE Posted at 2018-1-12 09:28
I love the fact the DJI staff will not give any sh1ts about this post or anyone response.  They are awful.

in fairness, its not DJI who's limiting us on app rollbacks, thats specific to the App Store (iOS) and Play Store for Android; Its no different than any other app out there, so its an even playing field (none allow it). What DJI can control is the ability to rollback firmware for the aircraft and the RC, and that they are absolutely responsible for, and they are seriously limiting choice.

Android files can be found at apkpure.com
2018-1-12
Use props
djiuser_zvKTE7s
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460361 ft
Greece

im facing great troubles with 3.1.23 dji go app.. tried to downgrade and... forced me to update to use it.. i cant have a normal flight without image transmittion issues.. compass stuck issues and the best; app exits while airborne issues... so i quit flyin because dji doent want to help so many people who paid for its products..
litci app was okay but i ve uninstalled because of basic lacks in ui, its a bit complicated in settings and finally i found the womans voice veeery anoyin..
so my only option is waitin for dji help.. im not goin to fly my drone because in yesterdays flight the app exited suddently during rth.. drone started to have flyin issues and i immediatelly landed it cause i dont wanna lose it..
any ideas/help of what to try are welcome
2018-1-13
Use props
Phxbird57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

great job thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

When it tells you- "Update to latest firmware", Can't you just ignore this message & go with the version you have?
I know on my other bird, P3A, i just ignore the message to update
As to  my Mavic, i have it  set to "don't allow auto updates"
2018-1-17
Use props
GarethFromSA
lvl.1
South Africa

Thanks very much for this. I've been having trouble with really awful video feed and lag on my phone while flying, and going back to a previous version fixed the problem perfectly.
2018-2-19
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hi. To avoid this message do the follow:
Settings -memory-apps
Here u select the app
Then open memory of The app.
Empty the cache
Delete data.

Start the app and the window is GONE...but it will return.

So what u have to d is using this appmonly without internet or a fire wall where u not give permissions to act as internet.
You can join here by browser.
Forget this uploading and sincronising. Useless for u.
The editor is crap
To upload on skypixel use  http
.that's it
2018-2-19
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

All for android
2018-2-19
Use props
fansec7efdbd
lvl.1
Israel

Just in case somebody intrested -
The apps downloaded from there ask for permissions not requested by original dji app. Fir example access to all accounts on mobile...
I prefer to prevent from my mobile and my accounts from behin hacked.
2018-6-14
Use props
Alessandro Lobo
New

Brazil

Hi there. My laptop with windows 10 just doesn't show any app image as it is a very old iTune version. DJI GO latest update was a bad thing for me, my Osmo Mobile 2 is running out of control. All the left pannel buttons are activating recording button. Do u know if there's other way to download an old DJI GO version?
2020-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules