Product received was not the one pictured
1388 19 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stage_wright
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270518 ft
United States

I ordered a Multifunctional backpack for the Phantom series and what I recieved was not what I ordered...

The thing that showed up looked like a cheap chinese knock off.

The DJI store website pictured this nice piece of hardware

The local Best Buy had this:
IMG_0027.jpg

But I recieved this:
IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0029.jpg

So, DJI.... How do we fix this issue? I really love your company, but this is crazy...

2017-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Pic two looks like a knock off, of pick one.
Where three and four are a completely different much inferior in appearance, cheaper design.
It's already been noted in a previous post.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-82047-1-1.html

RedHotPoker

2017-1-28
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-28 19:49
Pic two looks like a knock off, of pick one.
Where three and four are a completely different much inferior in appearance, cheaper design.
It's already been noted in a previous post.

I saw the thread by PermaFunk, I just really want DJI to notice. I posted on all of their social media and forum. This is not right at all, the fact I can order from their website and receive that abomination for the price that they charge. Incredibly ridiculous!
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-29 07:57
I saw the thread by PermaFunk, I just really want DJI to notice. I posted on all of their social media and forum. This is not right at all, the fact I can order from their website and receive that abomination for the price that they charge. Incredibly ridiculous!

Yes, I'm sure you did see the other post. With similar dissatisfaction. Hopefully the original bag will be brought back to the store.

RedHotPoker.
2017-1-29
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-29 10:38
Yes, I'm sure you did see the other post. With similar dissatisfaction. Hopefully the original bag will be brought back to the store.

I'm just hoping they will switch it out, or offer partial refund. But I'd really like it to be switched out.
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-29 13:47
I'm just hoping they will switch it out, or offer partial refund. But I'd really like it to be switched out.

Yes of course. The original triangular carabiner looks awesome... ;-)

The original Phantom 3  DJI branded hardshell backpack is awesome, and no where near the looks of that new iteration.
Yes, that inferior bag, looks sad. Just my opinion, but I have good taste.  I use Badlands Packs exclusively, for my bowhunting, needs with extraneous gear. And LowePro have always been my photography goto camera and lens cases.

So I do have some credible sense of better quality design and high standards manufacture.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-29 13:47

How long ago did you received this order? To clarify, did you buy this from the DJI Website directly or from a different source?
2017-1-29
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 22:51
How long ago did you received this order? To clarify, did you buy this from the DJI Website directly or from a different source?

Hi Jamie,

I received this order on 1/24/17, it was ordered on the 3rd of January directly from the DJI webstore.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-30 07:03
Hi Jamie,

I received this order on 1/24/17, it was ordered on the 3rd of January directly from the DJI webstore.

Since it was that recent, then you are within range of a refund/ exchange. Have you gotten in contact with the NA Support team to get started with the refund/exchange process? They will assist with shipping as well.
2017-1-30
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 13:46
Since it was that recent, then you are within range of a refund/ exchange. Have you gotten in contact with the NA Support team to get started with the refund/exchange process? They will assist with shipping as well.

DJI Support messaged me on Twitter and said someone would email me, I also emailed a while ago and still never heard back. I just want the legit bag.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

stage_wright Posted at 2017-1-31 08:05
DJI Support messaged me on Twitter and said someone would email me, I also emailed a while ago and still never heard back. I just want the legit bag.

A ticket number should have automatically populated when you emailed Support, could you happen to supply that number so I can better look into it?
2017-1-31
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-31 10:28
A ticket number should have automatically populated when you emailed Support, could you happen to supply that number so I can better look into it?

It says request #366845. Jen Marshall emailed me as well. I just sent my information to them. I'm just going to exchange it, but I want to make sure I'm going to receive the legit product.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

stage_wright Posted at 2017-2-1 06:30
It says request #366845. Jen Marshall emailed me as well. I just sent my information to them. I'm just going to exchange it, but I want to make sure I'm going to receive the legit product.

You would be receiving the version of the backpack you had supplied pictures of with the DJI logo embedded in the back when you send the backpack in for exchange.
2017-2-1
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-1 14:02
You would be receiving the version of the backpack you had supplied pictures of with the DJI logo embedded in the back when you send the backpack in for exchange.

Okay, I sent my information into DJI. I haven't received any verification yet.
2017-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-2-2 21:06
Okay, I sent my information into DJI. I haven't received any verification yet.

When you receive the proper bag, in the exchange, please post some pics of it here, to share your happiness. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2017-2-2
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-2 21:12
When you receive the proper bag, in the exchange, please post some pics of it here, to share your happiness. Thanks

Can do! I will celebrate it!
2017-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-2-2 21:13
Can do! I will celebrate it!

I want to feel your joy, within those pics and written testimony... ;-)

I know and completely understand how upset you were, when that inferior sub grade bag arrived.
But I also know how hard the forum mods here, work towards our ultimate happiness.

If I had required a new bag for my drone, that awesome looking one, might have been my first choice as well. So I get the disappointment that you felt, and experienced by its lack of higher build quality.

Thankfully, DJI are a standup, no nonsense company, that will do you right. ;-)

Hang in there, and it will be replaced... You can only imagine how busy they are, 24/7/365.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-2
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

The backpack was sent off a few days ago to DJI for a proper exchange. Communications back and forth have been slow. I will keep everyone posted.

2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

stage_wright Posted at 2017-2-12 14:08
The backpack was sent off a few days ago to DJI for a proper exchange. Communications back and forth have been slow. I will keep everyone posted.

Ah, well at least they have given you assurance, of getting what you fully expected, when you ordered that lovely backpack, drone carrying case. Yes, please post back here, sharing your ultimate satisfaction when the replacement bag arrives at your Homefront.

That triangle shaped carabiner will be great too. ;-)
What will you dangle from it?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
stage_wright
lvl.1
United States

DJI has received the backpack.
I have not heard back from my contact at DJI, Jen Marshall,  who has been helping me. Still trying to figure out if I'll have my backpack for my trip in March....
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules