Please help. Ken, or anyone else:-(
948 6 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4255 ft
Singapore

Been flying the Mavic for just over a month and all is great. I seriously love my Mavic. Anyway recently I've been getting a blank image on start up. Not all the time, but once every 3 or 4 times. Today it happened again. Normally I restart the controller, Mavic and dji go 4 app and it will work. Today it took 4 times to restart before the image came back.

I'm using an iPhone 7 and I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest updated dgi go 4 app.

Oh and once it went black in middle of flight. That was freaking scary.

Any ideas why I'm getting this black image on start up, or mid flight?

2017-1-29
Use props
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

I have herd reports that the cable it comes with does not work well with the iPhone 7 try a different cable between your remote and phone look around other people same issue as you, hope this helps
2017-1-29
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95689 ft
United States

i start the controller then phone software then mavic never failed in that order
2017-1-29
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Singapore

mike v illinois Posted at 2017-1-29 05:22
i start the controller then phone software then mavic never failed in that order

I doubt that's the problem, but I'll try. Thanks.
2017-1-29
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

It's hard to prove, but I'm convinced I have had occasions when the same thing happened to me. I put it down to the cable connection to my phone wasn't properly inserted all the way in, or had been pulled out slightly, rather than a fault with the cable itself.
2017-1-29
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

I did happen to me once with android htc 10 phone.  First I thought my phone was in sleep mode but its not and I have to disconnect the cable and reconnect it to have the app load again.  Also when phone turn black my video record is stop as well and it auto record again when I turn it back on.  I thought its my cable connection but I haven't have time to test out with other cable and it doesn't happen to me often so I just wait to test it.
2017-1-29
Use props
Cooldraw
lvl.2
Singapore

rick39 Posted at 2017-1-29 08:18
It's hard to prove, but I'm convinced I have had occasions when the same thing happened to me. I put it down to the cable connection to my phone wasn't properly inserted all the way in, or had been pulled out slightly, rather than a fault with the cable itself.

Could be, but that's doesn't explain why it works after restarting. Even if sometimes it takes three re-starts before the image returns. It's a pain in the ass, and I imagine there is a quick fix. I do not want to send this back to DJI and wait forever before I get a replacement.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules