Stick extenders
889 3 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

Help ease yourself through those turns for a more cinematic effect. Since the standard only has a Yaw end point of 100 to 300 this really helps. I used 2 tire valve stem extenders coupled together by 2 ergonomic rubber pen grips and 2 rubber caps.

stick extenders

stick extenders
2017-1-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Why not just increase the Expo in the Go app to reduce the deflection control amount around centre ?

Expo is used to soften the command around centre ... making you move the stick more to get same control response as previous. It also helps reduce interaction of commands. It is common for a person to want to move stick just forward or backward ... but a small amount of side gets in as well. Expo reduces that as well.

With conventional fixed wing - as the model gets faster or more aerobatic - its common to increase Expo to high levels to stop over control at small stick movements. But still give you full when you want it.

The above additions to sticks are great idea - I agree - but could not be done on many RC as the tablet / phone would be in the way when pushing forward on sticks. I already have to set my tablet up a bit at the bottom end to allow my thumb and stick to pass under.

Your additions are to a stock RC ... once you modify to larger tablet etc. - you will see what I mean.

Nigel
2017-1-29
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-29 04:57
Why not just increase the Expo in the Go app to reduce the deflection control amount around centre ?

Expo is used to soften the command around centre ... making you move the stick more to get same control response as previous. It also helps reduce interaction of commands. It is common for a person to want to move stick just forward or backward ... but a small amount of side gets in as well. Expo reduces that as well.

On my PS3 the lowest I can go is .20. Should I set them all at .20 ?
right now I have rudder at .20  throttle up/down at .40 and Fwd rt/bkwd left at .40
2017-1-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No - you increase the number to increase expo .....

If you have 20  - then you have less expo than default.

Nigel
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules