Maidem flight and initial thoughts..
571 0 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I'm not in the "rich" bracket, which means thinking and planning a lot before buying.  I am however blessed with a new P4P.  After seeing the Inspire 2, I could not resist the thought of buying it. I made numerous (240 km) trips to the dealer and as posted elsewhere I bought the I2 with X5S two days ago (No SSD and Licenses).  I'm priviledged! (and very thankful for this....)

Here is a very simple, short video of my maiden flight yesterday.

A few things:

1. The I2 is a thing of beauty - but expensive.
2. In the video I mention "no ND filters", meaning I'm waiting for the DJI variable ND filter I hear is coming.
3. I missed the 20deg angle of the P4 camera when I bought the P4P and now I sorely miss the P4P 24deg angle....  (DJI could have taken the I2 2X crop away.... GH5 just did!).
4. I have no issue with my landing gear as some others have reported.
5. The X5S seems fine and focussed everywhere (please see video and let me know - YT has really deteriorated - but try view in 4K).
6.  I see a lot less moire, rolling shutter and flicker compared to the P4P.
7.  In the video I mention that I think the image will even get better once I use the SSD and 5.2K - is this just a pipe dream or not??
8.  As mentioned in the video, the P4P is a great drone and very good bang for your buck!!  (I hope you agree).

2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules