Charging RC
2651 9 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dcarter0001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862 ft
United States

Can i charge my remote controler useing a cell phone charger?
2017-1-29
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

If you are in the US and the USB plug fits, it will charge.  Depending on the USB specification for your "charger" it will charge faster at 2A than at the older spec of 1A
2017-1-29
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Yes I do it all the time! Works great
2017-1-29
Use props
dcarter0001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862 ft
United States

thanks, I'm looking for a faster charge time. useing my PC takes forever
2017-1-29
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Charging from PC is worst option you can take ...

Just get a bog standard phone charger with the micro Samsung style usb plug and charge with that.

As to amp rating .. anything 1A or more up to 2A ... the RC itself will regulate the rate it charges - not the charger.

I have one of those dual output car USB outlets as well ... so I can just take a cable and plug in RC to car if needed.
OK as to time to charge : The RC has a large capacity low voltage LiPo battery ... 2600mAh 3.7V .... based on the RC regulator - this can take up to 3hours to charge if you have it well down.
The battery is reckoned to be good for 15 - 20 good flights per charge.

One thing to remember : Do not drain this battery down to near zero or below 10% ... its a LiPo and it will not appreciate the damage caused. Being a low current draw item it powers - there is actually no real harm to just top up charge this every so often or before going for a flight session. Unlike a high power draw item such as the AC - top up of RC is not a problem.

Nigel
2017-1-29
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Sounds like good information that I'll use myself. Thanks. Been using iPad USB for charging the RC.
2017-1-29
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

JackA Posted at 2017-1-29 08:12
If you are in the US and the USB plug fits, it will charge.  Depending on the USB specification for your "charger" it will charge faster at 2A than at the older spec of 1A

What has USA got to do with it ? The P3S RC is a Micro USB charger socket anywhere in the world ...

Nigel
2017-1-29
Use props
Andy M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292297 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-29 09:06
Charging from PC is worst option you can take ...

Just get a bog standard phone charger with the micro Samsung style usb plug and charge with that.

That's good advice Nigel.
I only stumbled on to this method recently after getting fed up with how long the P3S remote took to charge by usb from the pc I borrowed the wife's Samsung phone charger.
And it worked a treat!
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Definately plug into the wall outlet, before using the computer USB to charge the RC battery...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-29
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-29 11:11
What has USA got to do with it ? The P3S RC is a Micro USB charger socket anywhere in the world ...

Nigel

Got me, I just was not sure the European and Asian countries used the same standards....
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules