Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No image transmission p4
912 10 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
browncoat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12497 ft
United States

I flew yesterday no probs.
Today I set up my fly preflight checks ok. I get in the air and no image transmission pops up then comes back on then goes back out (you get the picture). In aircraft status it says gimbal disconnected and I can hear the fan spin up when I regain signal and when it goes out the fan stops. What's wrong with it and will I have to send it in for repair. This thing has only 3 hours of flight time on it.
2017-1-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Are you referring to the P4 fan?  If yes, then I would say possible hardware issue.

Was the ambient temperature below spec when this occurred?
2017-1-29
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
United States

Negative. Bueatifly 60 degrees weather here.
2017-1-29
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-1-29 10:42
Are you referring to the P4 fan?  If yes, then I would say possible hardware issue.

Was the ambient temperature below spec when this occurred?

Yes the internal fan on the p4
2017-1-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

It sounds like a hardware issue to me.  I would call DJI Support and start a support case.
2017-1-29
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure what happened but I took the sd card out and replaced it and now everything seems to be fine. I flew two batteries with no issue.
2017-1-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

browncoat Posted at 2017-1-29 19:39
I'm not sure what happened but I took the sd card out and replaced it and now everything seems to be fine. I flew two batteries with no issue.

Interesting!  I wonder if the sd card's speed was too slow or it was defective. Was the issue only when you were recording?
2017-1-30
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
United States

No. It happened during takeoff and I landed immediately. I flew it again today with no issues.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

browncoat Posted at 2017-1-30 17:19
No. It happened during takeoff and I landed immediately. I flew it again today with no issues.

That is odd, was the SD card that you switched out the stock one or a 3rd party one?
2017-1-30
Use props
browncoat
lvl.1
United States

It was the stock card. I never changed it just reformatted it and reinstalled it.
2017-1-31
Use props
beeper
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Browncoat
I had the same problem about a month back and found that solution on a Utube video. It was also the stock card that came with the Phantom 4. It is working ok now.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules