Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I quit!!!
2117 32 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe VP
Flight distance : 35453 ft
United States

Can someone tell me how to request a refund for this POS.  I have tried everything on this forum that people said worked for them and the damn thing will barly take of now before it looses signal.

2017-1-29
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

If you got it from DJI go to their site, I'm sure there's contact/return info there.
2017-1-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would suggest you exchange it.

Ah, but my thought would also include trading up, to an Advanced or even the Professional model.

Get in the game, seriously.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-29
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Have you tried meeting up with someone with some more experience to try it out?

That could eliminate some noob errors or confirm a faulty unit. Maybe fly it with their tablet/phone to see if that is a problem. Just some simple troubleshooting.
I see you are in the USA. I hear there are a few people who live there.
2017-1-29
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

can you give more specifics? what is the exact problem? do you know how to upload your flight data? These equipment are very sophisticated, not like a cheapo toy.
2017-1-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you bought from DJI, I believe you have to return it within 7 days for a refund.  Otherwise, best you can do is an exchange.  

But if you bought it on Amazon or somewhere else like that with more generous return policies, you might have more time.  

Otherwise, I would try to calm down and know that whatever problems you're having will be solved in the long run if you exercise some patience.  

2017-1-29
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

I feel your pain! Here's my experience.

I bought my first drone, the P3S just over 2 weeks ago. After unboxing the unit I downloaded the app and was greeted with a message that there was a new firmware update.
Obviously I wanted everything to be as up to date as possible, so I went ahead and did the update. Then I set about taking it on its first flight.
What I found was that no matter where I flew it, I was greeted with either messages warning of strong interference, even when the drone was only 3 meters out. The maximum distance I achieved was around 50 meters but then I actually had such a weak signal that the remote disconnected and it did a RTH.
Needless to say that It was a massive disappointment.

After doing lots of reading on here I was adamant that the new firmware was to blame...and there didn't seem to be any way to downgrade from the installed version (1.8.10)...so I took the unit back claiming lack of range, and thankfully I got another one.
Obviously I haven't updated the firmware!!! The new unit flies absolutely fine now. I dont get any warnings of interference at all too.
It's hard to say if it was solely the firmware as I upgraded before I flew it..you never know, it may have just been a faulty unit.
See if you can exchange it...
2017-1-29
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

Sorry...I meant to add as a conclusion to my post above....
Don't give up on it yet! I went from having purchased something that had me tearing my hair out, to having something that's probably the best purchase I've made in years!
Like others have asked above, some more info regarding your specific problems will help a lot.
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated. Can you please elaborate as to what kind of issues you're experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you done thus far to try to rectify the loss of signal issue? How long have you had this unit? Is this occurring out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or hard landing? What kind of locations are you attempting to fly at?
2017-1-29
Use props
fansb63fc4cf
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 21:08
I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated. Can you please elaborate as to what kind of issues you're experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you done thus far to try to rectify the loss of signal issue? How long have you had this unit? Is this occurring out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or hard landing? What kind of locations are you attempting to fly at?

My second P3S has the same problem and loses video at 15m making it useless. I'm not alone and there appears to be many people with the same problem. It is extremely disappointing and frustrating.

Furthermore, I have had no assistance from DJI. I am in Australia and bought the drone online from Hong Kong. All iI get from DJI is that I should return it to country of purchase but where? Address?  I have requested the return  address, but DJI have not responded. I think it is important that ones first experience should be a good one then they become an advocate for the product and go one to upgrade to more expensive models, but  unless I get some assistance I will just remain a critic.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

With the second one, did you update the firmware to the latest version, or leave as it was out of the box?
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb63fc4cf Posted at 2017-1-30 13:09
My second P3S has the same problem and loses video at 15m making it useless. I'm not alone and there appears to be many people with the same problem. It is extremely disappointing and frustrating.

Furthermore, I have had no assistance from DJI. I am in Australia and bought the drone online from Hong Kong. All iI get from DJI is that I should return it to country of purchase but where? Address?  I have requested the return  address, but DJI have not responded. I think it is important that ones first experience should be a good one then they become an advocate for the product and go one to upgrade to more expensive models, but  unless I get some assistance I will just remain a critic.

There is a DJI authorised repair agent in Melbourne, EE Hobbies.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb63fc4cf Posted at 2017-1-30 13:09

Could you happen to provide your case or ticket number so I can look into it?
2017-1-30
Use props
rausda27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36926 ft
United States

II also had the interference and RTH issues with my original drone, as well as some video problems.  I did the firmware update before the first flight.  I exchanged it and didnt do the firmware update and I don't get any of the interference messages or RTH issues.  The video is also rock solid.  Same locations flying and I don't get the interference messages popping up constantly during flight which to me means its a firmware problem.  No plans to ever update firmware again.  If it aint broke, don't fix it...
2017-1-31
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

rausda27 Posted at 2017-1-31 16:35
II also had the interference and RTH issues with my original drone, as well as some video problems.  I did the firmware update before the first flight.  I exchanged it and didnt do the firmware update and I don't get any of the interference messages or RTH issues.  The video is also rock solid.  Same locations flying and I don't get the interference messages popping up constantly during flight which to me means its a firmware problem.  No plans to ever update firmware again.  If it aint broke, don't fix it...

Exactly the same story here..to the letter!I'm still on the latest version of the app though, but now have the tutorial video to downgrade the iOS version....so once I've done that I don't think I'll ever do an update on anything again...ever!
2017-1-31
Use props
Joe VP
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 21:08

Bought my P3S in November 2016 from an on-line vendor.  Flew fine at several locations using my LG Droid phone.  I could fly till both my batteries were drained.  I have never crashed it.

Then around Jan. 15, 2017 I got software and FW upgrade and has not flown right since.  Tried all the same locations plus some new ones.  Now I can not fly for more than a minute or two and it starts getting strong interference, weak signal, signal loss and RTH messages.  Even if I get signal back and try to turn the craft around it losses it again after a few seconds.  Then after a couple minutes it  signal is totally gone and starts to auto land.  Most of the times one it gets close to landing I regain control and manually land.

I have tried every suggestion on the this forum.  FW\software combo.  Uninstall\Reinstall combo.  Calibrate IMU, Calibrate Gimbal, Calibrate Compass and Relink Controller after every software or FW change. Nothing works.  I even borrowed a Ipad Mini from work hoping that would help.   I just want it back to the way it was when I bought it.
2017-2-24
Use props
greenwire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

Joe VP Posted at 2017-2-24 09:44
Bought my P3S in November 2016 from an on-line vendor.  Flew fine at several locations using my LG Droid phone.  I could fly till both my batteries were drained.  I have never crashed it.

Then around Jan. 15, 2017 I got software and FW upgrade and has not flown right since.  Tried all the same locations plus some new ones.  Now I can not fly for more than a minute or two and it starts getting strong interference, weak signal, signal loss and RTH messages.  Even if I get signal back and try to turn the craft around it losses it again after a few seconds.  Then after a couple minutes it  signal is totally gone and starts to auto land.  Most of the times one it gets close to landing I regain control and manually land.

wow looks like you tried all the steps. Some one from DJI could extend their help perhaps
2017-2-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Joe ... it just seems that the date you give ... Jan 15 - jusst so happens to co-incide with one of the worst combos of Go and FW I saw ..  You may appreciate that I did a lot of Go / FW testing ... posted it up for others to see and help them decide if it was viable for them.

Later I updated to latest Droid GO .. 3.1.3 ... have FW 1.8.10 ... and so far things have been OK ... today I had over 2000m range before RTH kicked in. BUT I made a decision earlier to improve the equipment by swapping out antenna to the Argtek system ...

On stock gear - I was having terrible video problems ... sometimes even before take-off video would fail ... but usually it only lasted maybe 100m before losing feed. Control was anywhere from 50m to 300m ... and did not seem to be due to any observable reason.
Fitting the Argtek system cured it for me. I know DJI wont be happy with this - but its my model and I accept that warranty is void. I had reasonable expectation that the modification  would work.

Further refinement and testing have given me a P3S that actually rivals CE rated Advanced / Pro versions in range ... I regularly hit over 2000m ... but do have occasional 800m days !!

In your shoes ? I would contact the online Vendor see what they say ... maybe same time try contact DJI Service in USA  ....  but DJI will most likely cry off because of buying from an online vendor who probably is not on their 'approved dealer' list. But servicing of the unit / refurb may be an answer.

I feel your pain ... I felt similar in those first days - but I fought it and was not going to give in. I bought from Banggood in China as well - which meant DJI wouldn't honour anything with it and shipping back to BG which was always option - I chose not to do. My perseverance has paid of ... and I wish I could be local to you to help but sadly I'm not.

Can anyone near to this guy help him ?

Nigel
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Joe VP Posted at 2017-2-24 09:44

I'm sorry this was missed. If you have not tried the latest firmware, which I wanted to confirm given the latter part of this post, try it and see if there is some improvement. Worse case, it would be best to have the unit sent in for service to address this once and for all.
2017-2-24
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Note: Buy everything on a credit card that offers purchase protection. I put everything on my AMEX just for reasons like this...tell them what happened and they'll do a charge back, let big CC and them fight it out.
2017-2-24
Use props
Joe VP
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-24 12:35
I'm sorry this was missed. If you have not tried the latest firmware, which I wanted to confirm given the latter part of this post, try it and see if there is some improvement. Worse case, it would be best to have the unit sent in for service to address this once and for all.

Yes latest FW and Software App.  
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Joe VP Posted at 2017-2-24 13:58
Yes latest FW and Software App.

Since it seems like you've done everything possible thus far with the information you provided, sending it in for service would be the next best course of action. The North American Supoort team would be able to help out with shipping in order to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Have you happened to try this avenue yet?
2017-2-24
Use props
Southwester
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234124 ft
United States

Oh, wonderful.  I just purchased my P3S and updated the firmware last night.  After doing the calibration all Im getting now is interference messages and 'not safe to fly'.    Am I a newbie idiot?
2017-2-24
Use props
The Dax
lvl.1

United States

Nigel flies the farthest of any drone pilot ever!  Pfft....

I have a P3S and never had any issue with it.  I've flown with factory RC and Android Phone and had great distance and even height....Guess I just have a Mac Daddy Machine for being a Standard Drone....

I will get interference near a Main Power Line /Tower  on in a city......But mainly just video issues.

Fly on!
2017-2-24
Use props
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

They wont refund if it's past 7 days, Newegg and Best Buy will refund sometime. send it in for RMA and they'll give you a new drone if it doesn't get fixed right.. I've gotten two so far
2017-2-24
Use props
DroneSmeg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

I would not give up if I were you. When these things are working, they are an absolute joy.
2017-2-24
Use props
Horus
lvl.1

Canada

I also think that you should return for repairs or have it replace these quads are great when up to par im still learning mine . give yourself another chance change it and try again
2017-2-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The Dax Posted at 2017-2-24 14:50
Nigel flies the farthest of any drone pilot ever!  Pfft....

I have a P3S and never had any issue with it.  I've flown with factory RC and Android Phone and had great distance and even height....Guess I just have a Mac Daddy Machine for being a Standard Drone....

Sorry Dax .. I'm confused by your comment ... my range achieved is less than some others .... but i do get good range and videos to prove.
Youtube channel "solentlifeuk"

Nigel
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you have proof of purchase, you can send it in for repair, but unfortunately the sales won't authorize any refunds.
2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Southwester Posted at 2017-2-24 14:37
Oh, wonderful.  I just purchased my P3S and updated the firmware last night.  After doing the calibration all Im getting now is interference messages and 'not safe to fly'.    Am I a newbie idiot?

OK what you can try is the reset your drone. Sometimes after a firmware update this is a good thing to do.
Also clear your phone cache logs, uninstall the Go app. and reinstall. Then go through and connect your drone again.  Also clear your PHONE cache and turn off all apps when trying to use your drone.

I had some issues which were fixed by doing just that.  Phone had not had cache cleared for several months.  

All works great now with latest firmware and latest Go App.
2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-24 21:57
Sorry Dax .. I'm confused by your comment ... my range achieved is less than some others .... but i do get good range and videos to prove.
Youtube channel "solentlifeuk"

Lots of things can affect range.  Bad weather, terrestrial interference.

I fly in areas that have interference and some that have none.  I installed an Argtek Antenna and the range
now is great. 2.3km distance.   

Sometimes I fly through really thick fog which can reduce the distance to 1.5km or even less.

2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Southwester Posted at 2017-2-24 14:37

Have you already checked the areas that your flying in for possible interference? What mobile device and Go app version are you running?
2017-2-24
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

YES I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WTF ITS LOSE SIGNAL ALL THE TIME!
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules