Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stupid Choppers
4143 42 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heligal
New
Flight distance : 263871 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-4 05:10
Correct good job, aeronautical maps are not that difficult to read, certainly the basics, and coupled with a bit of reading and studying, makes stuff much easier to understand.

These SUA's are considered as aircraft to the aeronautical world, we should try pay that respect back where we can..

I agree about B4UFly. It's a waste of data space on your mobile device.
2017-11-10
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-1-29 17:03
Those helicopters can fly at whatever height they want.  That's why you need to be aware of any heliports nearby, and advise them you're flying if you think it's warranted.  Otherwise, keep your ears open and be ready to evade.  If anything unfortunate happens, it's on you.

no they are not suppose to fly cross country at any altitude they want they have rules also.
2017-11-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heligal Posted at 2017-11-10 07:04
Sorry for the delay in response. I don't visit the forums regularly.

There is no minimum altitude REQUIREMENT for helicopters. Helicopters are subject to the same REQUESTED minimums as other aircraft over wilderness areas (for example) but they can legally fly just about anywhere they want. Of course, it's the pilot's judgement call. Buzzing people's homes or other structures will likely get them in hot water with the FAA.

Aloha Heligal,

The only downside with visiting the Forum once in a long time is issues can change drastically.  Your points are all well taken and have been pretty much addressed in the last year or so.   I have known for years that helicopters have no altitude requirement and as you say (and we say over here) they can get into deep Kim Chee if they act recklessly.  Still it would be useless to try to report a helicopter flying over the wilderness of the Pali at 100 to 200 feet away from the cliff structure.

Where I fly, it is also useless to expect helicopters to avoid our Phantoms for the reasons you note and we are fortunate for the same reasons you note.  That is why to fly in the Pali environment, you have to be prepared to duck behind a ridge when you hear that familiar sound.  Fortunately we have the technology that allows us to do so.

Mahalo for checking in!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules