Broken battery cell warning on DJI Go App
1902 7 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans86c471e1
lvl.1
United States

I am getting a "Broken battery cell" warning on the DJI Go App.I have a Phantom 4

What do I do?
Do I have to replace the battery?
If I have to replace the battery, how do I properly dospose of the old battery?

Thanks,
Jim

2017-1-29
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

The Lithium battery can be recycled at many stores like Best Buy and many specialty battery outlets.  There are four cells that make up the Phantom 3 line of batteries.  One is malfunctioning.  If it is new enough I would think contacting DJI for a replacement would be the right way to go.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans86c471e1
lvl.1
United States

thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm waiting to hear back from DJI support
2017-1-29
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, how old is the battery? I would be sending that battery back to dji immediately.
I have heard on a few occasions after it shows this warning the battery can fail in flight!
2017-1-29
Use props
fans86c471e1
lvl.1
United States

1 Year old.  I have an e-mail into DJI Support
2017-1-29
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

DJI warranty policy is less than 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times.  i would try anyway.  It may be a connection between the cells which you might be able to fix.  If DJI will not cover it I would take it to an RC Aircraft shop and see if anyone could take it apart ant correct a physical problem.  If it is a logic problem in the charging circuitry it is likely beyond repair.
2017-1-29
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

fans86c471e1 Posted at 2017-1-29 16:32
1 Year old.  I have an e-mail into DJI Support

How many cycles has your battery done and did you have any warnings on GO before that cell failed completely. I assume your "battery life" display will now read 0 (no lit LEDs) but do you know what it was before the cell failed?

If DJI won't replace it your local DJI reseller would most likely have other batteries with a failed cell that could be cannibalized to replace yours with one of equivalent age but I don't know how easy that is or what the "intelligent" part of the battery would think of that!!
2017-1-29
Use props
cherring
lvl.1

United States

Coworker had a bad cell in a battery. Flew for a few minutes; when the battery discharged down to that cell, lost power and crashed. Aircraft was a total loss.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules