Newbie FW question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rungel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120299 ft
United States

Just recieved first drone P3A and its running the following: Can i update directly to the newest FW or do i have to work my way up to it. I havent taking it fir a floght yet .
Screenshot_2017-01-29-15-19-41.png
2017-1-29
Use props
AJ_Drone
lvl.1

United States

Should be able to grab the latest FW and update it
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can just go straight to the most recent firmware. It's preferred to update the aircraft first, then the RC.
2017-1-29
Use props
rungel
lvl.2
United States

Thank you,  I think I'll update right to the FW just before the most recent one,due to some of the problems with that release
2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

rungel Posted at 2017-1-30 04:07
Thank you,  I think I'll update right to the FW just before the most recent one,due to some of the problems with that release

Remember to follow the procedure as someone already posted. Only commenting because you said you are new to the sport. Aircraft is first with the RC turned off! Then power down and do the remote. Should be a walk-in-the-park. Don't get impatient, it might take a little bit.....15-20 minutes is not out of the ordinary for sure, maybe even longer. Just what for the sound D-DD, and that your gimbal LED is solid green on the aircraft and you'll be fine.
2017-1-30
Use props
rungel
lvl.2
United States

Thanks RicardoGray, any opinions on which FW is the most stable for the Aircraft
2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

rungel Posted at 2017-1-30 06:45
Thanks RicardoGray, any opinions on which FW is the most stable for the Aircraft

You know, I have thought that 1.08, 1.9 , and the current 1.10.90 all worked well for me. Like I said, I am using 1.10.90 without issues. Some of the changes are listed if you want to look on the support page. Some of the times it could be something with the battery, maybe something for the aircraft. I am just saying because new firmware is put out there doesn't mean it is a total new a package. Again, it seems they are usually some small changes to address a small problem. Now, not trying to get into another discussion here, but the app is a different topic. I currently use 2.9 and not the latest 3.1?????. I tried but didn't like the change from the Goggle maps and had some other things I wasn't crazy about. But that is me. Just wanted to share that.
2017-1-30
Use props
rungel
lvl.2
United States

I installed the 2.9 version of the app once I saw the fly issues popping up.
2017-1-30
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

rungel Posted at 2017-1-30 07:16
I installed the 2.9 version of the app once I saw the fly issues popping up.

OK, good. Guess a lot of us are on the same page as far as that goes. Happy flying.
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules