Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Shake on start-up with video ++fixed the link++
2056 13 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fortnight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

My gimbal shakes like crazy on startup.  I have reset and refreshed the firmware many times.  No change.  It has been like this since the day I got it 2 days ago. It works fine after  the start-up.  I did email DJI but it is a hioliday so I was hoping someone here has an idea.  See Link for video.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z10bz6h1e9gg36/inspire2.mov?dl=0
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I could not get the video to load ,  but have you tried to calibrate ?  Be sure to do the IMU calibration on a level surface and then immediately follow up with the Gimbal calibration .
There is a normal start up dance that the camera gimbal  does, you are not referring to that are you ?  

donnie
2017-1-30
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-30 05:31
I could not get the video to load ,  but have you tried to calibrate ?  Be sure to do the IMU calibration on a level surface and then immediately follow up with the Gimbal calibration .
There is a normal start up dance that the camera gimbal  does, you are not referring to that are you ?  

I did all of that and no change.  I think I fixed the link.  Thanks for the heads up on the link.
2017-1-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-1-30 06:16
I did all of that and no change.  I think I fixed the link.  Thanks for the heads up on the link.

Yep link is fixed, that is not normal.  I do not own the Inspire 2 so maybe with this bump another Inspire 2 owner can chime in .  Personally if you are up to  date and have done the calibrations , I think it is broken and must go in.  I hear the turn around times are pretty fast now a days.

good luck

donnie
2017-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your problems. I would contact DJI support and send it back for repair or replacement. The DJI  LA Shop is awesome and fast.

You shouldn't have to worry about a new Inspire 2 working correctly.

All the best
Rich
2017-1-30
Use props
fansb28e7053
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I,m having the same gimbal shake
2017-1-30
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-30 10:48
Sorry for your problems. I would contact DJI support and send it back for repair or replacement. The DJI  LA Shop is awesome and fast.

You shouldn't have to worry about a new Inspire 2 working correctly.

Thanks Rich.  I sent the email and I will wait for the new year to pass.
2017-1-30
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-30 05:31

Thanks Donnie, It shakes real bad while doing the normal dance.
2017-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-1-30 15:48
Thanks Rich.  I sent the email and I will wait for the new year to pass.

Hey Fort

Sorry about your gimbal issue. I do not have the I2 yet but have seen the normal start up and definitely something is off....  DJI repair shop has performed great for me and when my camera was in question, they replaced it with a new one.  Best of luck to you and I am sure they will take care of you

Rich
2017-1-30
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-30 21:29
Hey Fort

Sorry about your gimbal issue. I do not have the I2 yet but have seen the normal start up and definitely something is off....  DJI repair shop has performed great for me and when my camera was in question, they replaced it with a new one.  Best of luck to you and I am sure they will take care of you

I am not to worried about it.  I have had repairs done with no problems.

Thanks again
2017-1-31
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any news on this?  I now have the X5s and it seems fine.
2017-2-4
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think I have a problem with the X5S as well.  Watch to the end and tell me if that last pulse is normal.  Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zajsx3g8r3xsxm5/X5S%20startup.MOV?dl=0
2017-2-16
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

How to fix this is real easy...

I had mine doing this when the I2 arrived in January. But i found if i attached the gimbal and manipulated the gimbal thorough all its range from zero to max BEFORE i powered on the I2 its didn't shake i repeated this for the first 10 or so days and found the problem went away. I can only conclude its simply needs to wear in a little. Im now 1 month since i did this and it no longer gives me any problems.

I did this with both X5S and X4S

2017-2-16
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-2-16 01:19
I think I have a problem with the X5S as well.  Watch to the end and tell me if that last pulse is normal.  Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zajsx3g8r3xsxm5/X5S%20startup.MOV?dl=0

Thanks,  I have been trying that and it is still exactly the same for both cameras.  Everything after the start-up is Great.  I was told to wait for the next firmware update.  The answer to everything.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules