Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera filter issues
957 12 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colcord8
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else notice that when you use a filter on the camera that the camera is not as stabile. I always seem to have issues when I use a filter, for instance one time my camera just decided to get stuck in the up right position. It would not let me move the camera and had to land the drone and turn it on and off. I have the polar pro filters and feel that any wind seems to really push on the filter and affect the camera.
2017-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is no issue when you use the DJI filters, as they simply replace the UV filter that comes with the aircraft.
2017-1-29
Use props
colcord8
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-29 19:45
There is no issue when you use the DJI filters, as they simply replace the UV filter that comes with the aircraft.

Im not using a DJI filter im using a Polar pro filter that goes over the actual camera.
2017-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

colcord8 Posted at 2017-1-29 19:53
Im not using a DJI filter im using a Polar pro filter that goes over the actual camera.

Yes, I am aware of that, and it might be the problem. The DJI ones weight exactly the same as the filter they replace and are no larger.
2017-1-29
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

This issue also comes up with many lens hoods. The gimbal just can't handle much additional weight.
2017-1-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It might be worth your while  having a word with Polar Pro, it might be a known issue to them. I have no problems using the DJI filters. I wonder if a gimbal calibration, or adjustment to any of the values would make any difference.
2017-1-30
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I had same prob.  I posted my solution. I chew some gum.....match gum weight with filter  weight. stick gum on back of camera and done. no more shaking
I  use gum because I worry about interference  from a stick on lead weight.
works fine   
I made my own filter from a lens shade and an old pair of sunglasses. (polarized of Corse) works gr8
I will prob get  set of DJI filters because of weight difference of DJI products match gamble motors specs.
2017-1-30
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I have the polar pro uv filter and my gimbal is fine. It is bigger then stock uv and pretty sure they are all same size except polarpro uv/cpl filter (little wider) try stock filter see if camera still acts weird
2017-1-30
Use props
Dutch799
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-1-30 06:52
I have the polar pro uv filter and my gimbal is fine. It is bigger then stock uv and pretty sure they are all same size except polarpro uv/cpl filter (little wider) try stock filter see if camera still acts weird

I am using the polar pro filters and have no Gimbal problems
2017-1-30
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

i believe at one time dji and polar pro said to do a gimbal calibration due to the larger size of the filters. i did one on mine and have never had a gimbal problem with pp filters.
2017-1-30
Use props
colcord8
lvl.1

United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-30 16:49
i believe at one time dji and polar pro said to do a gimbal calibration due to the larger size of the filters. i did one on mine and have never had a gimbal problem with pp filters.

Thanks I'll try that.
2017-3-2
Use props
Focus4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2436886 ft
United States

I use the Polar Pros and have no problem. Yes, gimbal calibration might be the key.
2017-3-3
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I had originally bought the set of 4 polar pro filters that were in the cheaper price range, can't remember exactly how much somewhere between $40 and $50. When I used them I too would get crazy camera movements. So I returned them to best buy where i got them and ordered the polar pro cinema series for $90 and they work so much better.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules