1896 5 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KonstantinosK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140131 ft
Greece

Hello all,

It's been a while since i've been using my Mavic and i have noticed that when using the active tracking feature, it won't follow me when going downhill/desceding. Is there a solution? Is there a "hack" or "fix" on it? so that it keeps following me when going downhill?

thank you
2017-1-30
Use props
sstolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215558 ft
Netherlands

My advise since I filmed my two kids the other day: Enable ActiveTrack on the backside of the object
2017-1-30
Use props
sstolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215558 ft
Netherlands

My advice since I filmed my two kids the other day: Enable ActiveTrack on the backside of the object. Facing towards the camera and turning around and he will not follow you because the colors will differ from the front. e.g. your face / jacket and so on.
2017-1-30
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Similar to other active track technologies out there the Mavic will only follow uphill and not change altitude going downhill.
2017-1-30
Use props
KonstantinosK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140131 ft
Greece

thank you for your answer sstolk but the problem is that it won't follow me when i'm moving down from a hill. It will follow orizontal but not vertical.
2017-1-30
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

In my testing on the latest firmware, the MP will loose altitude while tracking you downhill if you are moving fairly slow (walking pace). If you start to pick up speed then all bets are off and it begins to act differently. I have begun testing Autopilot and its Follow mode gives you the option to follow the controller and choose the distance and altitude you want the MP to stay from the controller as it follows. Still learning the program, but it works well. Only two caveats, it is iOS with newer devices that have barometric pressure built in and since it is not following optically, it does not always keep you framed in the picture real well. But unlike Active Track, it will always keep following you and eventually get you back in the frame. Oh, one more thing, you have to be moving faster than about 3 mph for it to work well.
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules