Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
kindle fire
2464 13 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, i have got a Kindle fire tablet and sucsessfully side loaded the DJI Go app. I have a Phantom 3 pro and took it out flying yesterday, all was fine and said home point up dated but when it was flying i pushed the return to home button and a message came on the screen saying the home point was miles away, so i manually flew it back to me and landed safely. Does anyone know why this is happening. Look forward to replies, thanks.
2017-1-30
Use props
CCrew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Try using a supported tablet for starters.
2017-1-30
Use props
eurocenter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12339 ft
Greece

dji go  app 3.1.2 version the blue dot show far away . But when I deleted 3.1.2 and took a older version of dji go the blue spot shows exactly where I am
https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The problem is in the latest version of DJI Go App, try the earlier one.
2017-1-30
Use props
m1shootr
First Officer
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-30 14:22
The problem is in the latest version of DJI Go App, try the earlier one.

try a tablet that works. its not a fire
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

m1shootr Posted at 2017-1-30 15:06

The fire has worked OK as reported by other people here, however the problem the OP is reporting is with the latest version of the Go App, it has nothing to do with the phone or tablet being used.
2017-1-30
Use props
Phantomjim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97539 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-31
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have noticed there is no facility to turn on or off GPS on the kindle, so assume it has no GPS on it, could this be the problem, other than that the kindle fire is brilliant to fly the drone.
2017-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stevep3p Posted at 2017-1-31 11:25
I have noticed there is no facility to turn on or off GPS on the kindle, so assume it has no GPS on it, could this be the problem, other than that the kindle fire is brilliant to fly the drone.

Correct, the Kindle does not have GPS facilities, but they are not needed for most operations. And the issue the OP reported is known.
2017-1-31
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have deleted the latest version of the go app and downloaded an earlier version. Will see how the craft flies at the weekend weather permitting. Hope its got rid of the rth glitch.
2017-2-1
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The tablet works really well to be honest
2017-2-1
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got a chance to go and fly today with the latest dji Go app and have to report no problems whatsoever, wish I could say the as e about the map Come on dji, let's have Google maps back please.
2017-2-19
Use props
RammerJammer
New
United States

You know what? MANY devices that ACTUALLY work are not on the approved/recommended list. I am not concerned with lists, I am concerned with what actually works AND what I can obtain most economically to dedicate to the Go app. Dismissive posts, such as yours, are not helpful.
2017-3-27
Use props
stevep3p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have said the kindle fire is brilliant with the Go app and the drone flies well with it, with great video and pics. How is this dismissive, and cheap to.
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules