Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying over New York City
12Next >
4408 50 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Island
lvl.2
United States

Heres a few shots above City skyline in New York City
Few shots are out of focus, but still used the clips, oops
Enjoy!

I know I know, drones are not allowed in NYC. Keep those comments to yourself and enjoy the video.
2017-1-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Drones aren't allowed in New York City. NYC is a great backdrop and it's hard to go wrong, apart from having the arrogance to publicise what you've done.
2017-1-30
Use props
walrus123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107723 ft
United States

You didn't have any issues wit radio interference on the Mavic?
2017-1-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Are you just very stupid or so arrogant you think the rules just do not apply to you?

Reported to FAA with YouTube link.
2017-1-30
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a reason you are not allowed to fly in NYC.  You have 3 major airports who's airspace overlap.  You are flying in Class B airspace primarily reserved for commercial jets unless prior ATC approval is granted.  Hopefully you don't do something so dumb again by blantantly ignoring the regulations.  Its actions like this that are making it more difficult for all of us.  You are lucky if the FAA does find this post.  They do monitor forums and youtube for acts like this.   
2017-1-30
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a reason you are not allowed to fly in NYC.  You have 3 major airports who's airspace overlap.  You are flying in Class B airspace primarily reserved for commercial jets unless prior ATC approval is granted.  In addition you are flying in a city of 8.4 million people good luck flying without flying directly overhead of a single person.  Again, a violation of the regulations.  Hopefully you don't do something so dumb again by blatantly ignoring the regulations.  Its actions like this that are making it more difficult for all of us.  You are lucky if the FAA doesnt find this post.  They do monitor forums and youtube for acts like this.   
2017-1-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2017-1-30 13:46
There is a reason you are not allowed to fly in NYC.  You have 3 major airports who's airspace overlap.  You are flying in Class B airspace primarily reserved for commercial jets unless prior ATC approval is granted.  Hopefully you don't do something so dumb again by blantantly ignoring the regulations.  Its actions like this that are making it more difficult for all of us.  You are lucky if the FAA does find this post.  They do monitor forums and youtube for acts like this.

Already reported it to the FAA (See my post above) - Looking at this users other videos he clearly has no regard for safety or any intent of flying within FAA guidelines.

2017-1-30
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

We'll keep our comments to ourselves, just like we'll thank you for killing the enjoyment we once had from flying due to increased regulations and ill will from the public when your Mavic has a mishap in a populated area.  
2017-1-30
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shots; in fact so nice you're not doing them justice with the random harsh editing....  get yourself one of the free video editors and make a nice movie out of it.  (Then probably best to keep it private so the drone police don't tie themselves in knots flaming you....)  {:4_181:}

2017-1-30
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-30 13:40
Are you just very stupid or so arrogant you think the rules just do not apply to you?

Reported to FAA with YouTube link.

And presumably you sit on the side of motorways with a speed gun and report all speeding motorists to the police?  And then make it public what you've done ?  
You can make your point without being so arrogant and condescending.  
2017-1-30
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-30 13:49
Already reported it to the FAA (See my post above) - Looking at this users other videos he clearly has no regard for safety or any intent oi flying within FAA guidelines.

Well, who said I was flying? Just edit and post the video for everyone to enjoy, Have a great day!!
2017-1-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Island Posted at 2017-1-30 13:59
Well, who said I was flying? Just edit and post the video for everyone to enjoy, Have a great day!!

You did on your YT channel idiot
2017-1-30
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-30 14:03
You did on your YT channel idiot

False
2017-1-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Quote: Published on 30 Jan 2017
Island Sgouromitis
"Didn't get much time to fly on a short trip to New York City but was able to still get a few shots soaring over New York City with the Dji Mavic pro"
Some shots are out of focus oops!
2017-1-30
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-30 14:10
Quote: Published on 30 Jan 2017
Island Sgouromitis
"Didn't get much time to fly on a short trip to New York City but was able to still get a few shots soaring over New York City with the Dji Mavic pro"

kwōt
verb
3rd person present: quotes
repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker.

You really must have nothing better to do with yourself haha carry on there's plenty more youtube videos you need to catch up on reporting
2017-1-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Since you have now educated yourself as to the understanding and definition of the word 'Quote' perhaps you can put to good use those same Google skills and enlighten yourself with the FAA regs appertaining to UAV operations within the United States NAS. (Rhetorical)

2017-1-30
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

LoL now that deserves a fly away.
2017-1-30
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

......Face palm.....
2017-1-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Moron. No one's buying your "I just did the editing" BS. The actions of an idiot like you will be the death of this hobby.
2017-1-30
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Can a whistle blower go and dob the poster in, I'm sure Trump will take some action.
2017-1-30
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

2017-1-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Island Posted at 2017-1-30 13:59

From the thread you posted to "Post Your Videos":

"I have my videos posted on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/IslandSgouromitis)
I recently got a comment on one of them from someone from AirVuz, Checked out their website and its a website for Drone videos. Pretty awesome website www.airvuz.com
Its an awesome way to show your videos off, please still post them here though as well!! Just thought it was cool enough to share"

You claim these to be your videos in that thread. Whether you were making false claims or not, it's what you posted to be true. There's no denying those aerial shots are spectacular. If permission were applied for and granted then you or the original author have nothing to worry about. Having the skill set to fly that close to the Chrysler building at night in a remotely controlled domestic retail drone is one thing, crashing into a high rise building with the potential to cause injury to others is another. This could also have been made from footage shot from a legitimate manned helicopter platform, who knows.
Claiming or inferring these shots were taken by yourself is going to attract unwanted attention to the recreational hobby many legitimate law abiding drone owners enjoy, not to mention those that are professionally registered to earn a living in that sector. Legislation changes are brought about by public demand, home guard security, historical risk, legal interpretation and precedence etc.
You claim these shots as your own, which will encourage the propensity for others of limited public spirit, as a green light to have a go themselves. Rules are made to be broken, nanny state, political correctness gone mad, pushing the boundaries are all phrases that are quoted by the selfish few to the detriment of the vast majority in defence of such self fulfilling lack of regard for the danger or consequences of such actions.
This is real; the more adverse publicity this pastime and profession is exposed to will inevitably curb the use of drone technology in the hands of anyone other than state institutions and highly regulated governing bodies.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Great video.  Love your guts.
"rules are made to be broken"

I was on a highway today.... speed limit was 65mph. Guess what I did?  Took it up to 95mph in the right lane

2017-1-30
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Not bad at all for night shots! New york doesn't look the same without the towers though. I wish they had just put them back up bigger and taller like 2 middle fingers.
2017-1-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-30 16:06
Great video.  Love your guts.
"rules are made to be broken"
I was on a highway today.... speed limit was 65mph. Guess what I did?  Took it up to 95mph in the right lane

"I was on a highway today.... speed limit was 65mph. Guess what I did?  Took it up to 95mph in the right lane"
Love your guts, just hope I don't have to see them in the right hand lane of the highway after the wrecking truck tows your car to the breakers yard.
2017-1-30
Use props
colvill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59423 ft
Australia

Here's a good place for you to fly next time.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//The+Pentagon,+Washington,+DC,+United+States/@38.8721533,-77.0578712,3369m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m15!1m6!3m5!1s0x0000000000000000:0xaf83d0f8c013532f!2sThe+Pentagon!8m2!3d38.8718568!4d-77.0562669!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b7b6df29ed2c27:0xaf83d0f8c013532f!2m2!1d-77.0562669!2d38.8718568
2017-1-30
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2017-1-30 13:57
And presumably you sit on the side of motorways with a speed gun and report all speeding motorists to the police?  And then make it public what you've done ?  
You can make your point without being so arrogant and condescending.

Considering the fact that he admitted knowing what he did was wrong, the "friendly reminder" or "innocent ignorance" went out the window. So, maybe the arrogance wasn't so arrogant.

In addition, sitting by the side of the road and checking how fast other motorists are going is silly... but I'll dial 911 and call n a drunk driver EVERY day of the week.  It's all about the actions and the consequences.  I don't care if someone wants to drive 5 mph over the speed limit, but if they are driving erratically and could potentially kill hundreds of people, I'll turn their ass in without hesitation.

Use some common sense and stop thinking that truly dangerous flying is ok.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

rick39 Posted at 2017-1-30 16:18
"I was on a highway today.... speed limit was 65mph. Guess what I did?  Took it up to 95mph in the right lane"
Love your guts, just hope I don't have to see them in the right hand lane of the highway after the wrecking truck tows your car to the breakers yard.

too late. I already finished the speeding.
Just like the thread starter safely completed his flight/video.

Next topic.
2017-1-30
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

NYC looks great at night!
2017-1-30
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

Statistically speaking? There is MUCH higher chance of a plane crash occuring with ZERO intervention with a drone than with.

For those who dont agree: How much would you like to bet that the next plan crash you hear about, has no evidence at all of the crash being due to a drone.
Anyone willing to take me up on that bet?

That's what I thought.
2017-1-30
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

I normally don't like to get involved in these types of debates, but there is a certain person on YouTube that is/has made a living from flying his UAVs around NYC.
2017-1-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-30 16:30
Statistically speaking? There is MUCH higher chance of a plane crash occuring with ZERO intervention with a drone than with.

For those who dont agree: How much would you like to bet that the next plan crash you hear about, has no evidence at all of the crash being due to a drone.

The more irresponsible idiots like the OP fly at these altitudes within cities, the lower the odds are of a collision with a helicopter or aeroplane. That's the end of the hobby at that point.
2017-1-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-30 16:30

OK, thanks for that contribution.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans4d06bb1e
New

United States

it's pretty but what a dumbass. enjoy your mavic while you still have it. it WILL be confiscated
2017-1-30
Use props
S2Bag
lvl.1

United States

Jesus what an idiot...  my fear is that people like this will destroy the rights of law abiding flyers in the US.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

RC flying has been around for DECADES.
2017-1-30
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-30 19:16
RC flying has been around for DECADES.

Decades ago you didn't have to wear a crash helmet when riding a motor bike or a seat belt when driving a car. You could smoke a cigarette in a restaurant or an airplane. These are just a few examples of changes in perception of health and safety on an international basis.
2017-1-30
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Nice read for anything thinking about flying... https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/ ... g-a-drone.html?_r=0  and before anyone say's what about Casey, I'm pretty sure he has some sort of filming license in NYC. He'd be an easy target to arrest, if he did not.
2017-1-30
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-30 16:35
I normally don't like to get involved in these types of debates, but there is a certain person on YouTube that is/has made a living from flying his UAVs around NYC.

This^^^^^^
2017-1-30
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Hope you guys are all having a great night! I don't feel like debating with anyone so ill just sit back and enjoy myself, like you should be doing as well.
2017-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules