Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go APP 3.1.2 - Company Response
3236 27 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackA
First Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I have grounded my Phantom 3 Standard until the reported "fly away" problems have been at least commented on my DJI.  I expect that the reported problems will be evaluated and that if a software issue is identified that DJI will correct it and issue an APP update that clears the issuem.  I have been watching these forums to see if DJI would acknowledge the issue, or make the assertion that there is no problem.  So far, nothing.  It does not do me any good to listen to users/pilots making conjectures about this; I want DJI to make it clear to me that they believe it is safe for me to fly.

2017-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's pretty clear that there's a problem in that latest version of the app and that going back to the previous version fixes it.
What's not clear is why DJI have gone to sleep on this.
That's a real mystery.
2017-1-30
Use props
kndll
Captain
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

chinese new year , so it's going to be awhile
2017-1-30
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

they wont admit it or at least knowingly,that would open up to legal issues. so user errors are prob best youll get
2017-1-30
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I was actually tickled pink with 1.6 .8 everything worked flawless. But stupid me hearing all the stuff about range then knowing a few people that got three times the range I was getting I went and upgraded and I've had problems with distance ever sense went from 3000 feet to under a 1000. And along with that loss of video signal disconnections and red lights on the rc. Never had that ever till 1.7 9. Each and every time for the almost hundred flights on my standard it always went rth when it lost signal and came back not until the update did i loose video so while it was our th I was always monitoring exactly what it was doing and once I regained signal I would take manual control over it
2017-1-30
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

"It does not do me any good to listen to users/pilots making conjectures about this" Why ?? That's your best source of information on this issue, not some DJI forum rep. I even read posts by the reps themselves that admit that the more seasoned pilots here, have more expertise then they do. So us seasoned Phantoms owners, me included can tell you use version 3.1.2 at your own risk. If you choose not to listen because I don't have a DJI avatar, that's your choice. It's not conjecture, it's the truth. They will never admit it's bad software on this forum, they'll just release a update one day. And at the very most say "bug fixes" in the notes.
2017-1-30
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-1-30 20:08
I was actually tickled pink with 1.6 .8 everything worked flawless. But stupid me hearing all the stuff about range then knowing a few people that got three times the range I was getting I went and upgraded and I've had problems with distance ever sense went from 3000 feet to under a 1000. And along with that loss of video signal disconnections and red lights on the rc. Never had that ever till 1.7 9. Each and every time for the almost hundred flights on my standard it always went rth when it lost signal and came back not until the update did i loose video so while it was our th I was always monitoring exactly what it was doing and once I regained signal I would take manual control over it

This thread as referring to the Go app version, not FW. But since you brought it up, I've never have an issue with any FW version and I've used maybe four by now. Had good results with both 1.6.8 and 1.7.9, which I still use to day.
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-30 20:58
"It does not do me any good to listen to users/pilots making conjectures about this" Why ?? That's your best source of information on this issue, not some DJI forum rep. I even read posts by the reps themselves that admit that the more seasoned pilots here, have more expertise then they do. So us seasoned Phantoms owners, me included can tell you use version 3.1.2 at your own risk. If you choose not to listen because I don't have a DJI avatar, that's your choice. It's not conjecture, it's the truth. They will never admit it's bad software on this forum, they'll just release a update one day. And at the very most say "bug fixes" in the notes.

'They will never admit it's bad software on this forum, they'll just release a update one day.'

Exactly, because every American owner threatens to sue DJI on a daily basis, why on earth would they admit an error. As WilliamM says, it will just get fixed silently, and without any comment in the next software update.
2017-1-31
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-1-30 20:02
they wont admit it or at least knowingly,that would open up to legal issues. so user errors are prob best youll get

I've heard of some getting replacement Phantoms already so your guess as to the best people will get is a bit short of the mark.
2017-1-31
Use props
KCadby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

I agree that DJI admitting/POSTING they have a Software issue that results in LOSS OF DRONE(s) won't happen...

I'm one of the owner/flyers that hasn't had any trouble with 3.1.2...
Mine has started several RTH when the battery gets low (I always fly until below 20% and then fly/hover around where I want to land until below 10%) but I have "never tapped the RTH button"...
That said... I tried going down to 2.9.1 yesterday...
1: because of seeing more-and-more people having Fly Away...
2: because HERE Maps SUCKS compared to GMap...
3: my Range hasn't ever been good = signal always starts showing weak past about 1,200Ft, then Lost before Max-setting 500-meters/1,460Ft...
Bad news for me is when I flew with 2.9.1 yesterday my Range got WORSE and the video cut out at 1,200Ft as well (never did that before)...
Humidity was High (rained all day the day before) so I'm going to fly with 2.9.1 again today in hopes that my Range isn't "as bad" because
this all leaves me "being afraid" to go back to 3.1.2
2017-1-31
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
United States

KCadby Posted at 2017-1-31 08:18
I agree that DJI admitting/POSTING they have a Software issue that results in LOSS OF DRONE(s) won't happen...

I'm one of the owner/flyers that hasn't had any trouble with 3.1.2...

Personally I think range has more to do with the FW version, over the Go app version. I hear you that the only thing you changed was the Go app version, so I'd do another flight test different location to compare. Also you have the option to go with version 3.0.1, that's what I use with good success and it does have Google maps.
2017-1-31
Use props
fansfad81968
lvl.1

United States

Guys I just Bought a P3 advanced and wil receive it tomorrow, but after just reading some of these forums and this particular thread about flying it now makes me nervous, I know some havent hada issue but Iam like you all , so from what I gather I can dl somewhere the older version 1.6.8 or 1.7.9 and with those all should be well?  and if so where to dl?  thanks in advance on any advice
2017-1-31
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
United States

fansfad81968 Posted at 2017-1-31 18:09
Guys I just Bought a P3 advanced and wil receive it tomorrow, but after just reading some of these forums and this particular thread about flying it now makes me nervous, I know some havent hada issue but Iam like you all , so from what I gather I can dl somewhere the older version 1.6.8 or 1.7.9 and with those all should be well?  and if so where to dl?  thanks in advance on any advice

Your confusing FW version with the Go app version.
2017-1-31
Use props
KCadby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-31 10:44
Personally I think range has more to do with the FW version, over the Go app version. I hear you that the only thing you changed was the Go app version, so I'd do another flight test different location to compare. Also you have the option to go with version 3.0.1, that's what I use with good success and it does have Google maps.

Thanks for the Heads Up  on 3.0.1 William, i'll give that one a try NEXT, and I agree that Firmware should be THE factor for the 1-of-2 new issue I'm (still) having and not the Software...
I've been working with Holley EFI on Motor Cycles for years now and they made MANY Firmware upgrades over those years that changed/effected the way the "unit" (ECU) works...
Software upgrades were more for adding more Tables to Tune (among other things like added Ignition Configs) and sometimes the New Software features required a ECU Firmware Update to work...

I did fly at my favorite spot yest. = over water, less buildings and interference and signal/distance was "kind of back to normal" BUT the Video still cut out more than it ever did before I backed up to 2.9.1...
It was a VERY clear day but maybe the humidity was still higher than past days of flying...
SO... At this point I'm thinking this isn't anything that a Range Extender won't fix ;)...
(I'm STILL afraid to update the Firmware because some people are STILL posting about issues with that)...

2017-2-1
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I have the latest firmware and the latest app.  On my phone I keep my 4g running so my phone can update my location.

After update I also did a gimble and IMU calibration.   I have been flying around 350 - 400m distance and around 300m plus in height.  In the first video I have no issues.  
In second video I check I check my phone then did an RTH fine.   Have flown several other flights without issues

2017-2-1
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
United States

Just wondering if anyone has seen/read a reply (even one) from a DJI rep on any thread referencing this issue. Confirming or discounting it? I have not myself.
2017-2-3
Use props
JackA
First Officer
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-1 13:18
I have the latest firmware and the latest app.  On my phone I keep my 4g running so my phone can update my location.

After update I also did a gimble and IMU calibration.   I have been flying around 350 - 400m distance and around 300m plus in height.  In the first video I have no issues.  

What is the crop that shows in your first video?
2017-2-3
Use props
KevDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

You should just downgrade the app software until the next version comes out.
2017-2-3
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

JackA Posted at 2017-2-3 09:59
What is the crop that shows in your first video?

Tea.  The world best Oolong tea is grown in this area.  Funny thing is I don't like it. I do like other tea though.

I live in Alishan in Taiwan.  Tea and Coffee and lots of other crops are grown up here.
2017-2-3
Use props
JackA
First Officer
United States

I have now had five "no issues" flights on Firmware 1.8.10 and Go APP 3.0.1  The APP roll back was not a problem.  I have not initiated RTH nor flown far enough to trigger it  due to loss of C2 signal.  However the Home Point set announcement, and pin on the map have been consistent.  Video feed is OK with a few "laggie" moments but over all good.
2017-2-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84310-1-1.html
2017-2-9
Use props
JackA
First Officer
United States

The answer to the RTH set point problem has been resolved by DJI in a build update to DJI GO 3.1.2 (582)  http://forum.dji.com/thread-84310-1-1.html  
2017-2-9
Use props
JackA
First Officer
United States

DJI GO 3.1.3 is now on Google Play as of 02/10/2017  
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-10 08:26
DJI GO 3.1.3 is now on Google Play as of 02/10/2017

And we're now being forced to update, any older Go app version is being locked out till you do the update!!!
2017-2-10
Use props
Microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

This really boils down to a few things.  
1. Too many users are on too many versions resulting in support issues.
2. Current development team is not given proper resources to develop, test  and confirm new updates.
3. Corporate strategy is about profit, not emotions.
4. User product education and training is very limited, resulting in product damage and false claims to company.
5. No external development/testing allowed resulting in issues with newer updates to software and firmware not discovered by the company.
6. Too many people claiming law suits even if it is resulted in user error.
7. Modifications being done resulting in usage to cause harm to others resulting in bad PR to company.
8. Too many support calls and not enough support staff resulting in major delays to the customer.

Add those all up and you can see why DJI is kinda being forced to streamline their products and force version control.
I personally would love to help them in the development and beta testing before new firmware and software gets sent out and offer code corrections to the software bugs, but that is really not an option for DJI unless you are a major social media promoter for their products, so they are kinda left to force these software and firmware packages on you to help them support what they know.  
I would love to be able to help them, but never heard back on that so they are left to their own devices.
2017-2-10
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-10 09:40
This really boils down to a few things.  
1. Too many users are on too many versions resulting in support issues.
2. Current development team is not given proper resources to develop, test  and confirm new updates.

Actually what you're seeing is the difference between capitalism and communism. Period.
2017-2-15
Use props
Microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

pjhudson Posted at 2017-2-15 21:26
Actually what you're seeing is the difference between capitalism and communism. Period.

You do know DJI is based in Hong Kong
2017-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-17 12:46
You do know DJI is based in Hong Kong

Actually not, in Shenzen, a fair way from Hong Kong.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules