12Next >
8294 62 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Greetings from France.

My Mavic Pro delivered two days ago disappeared instead of returning home.

The flight log shows that on departure, the Home Point was correctly recorded. After reaching the maximum flight attitude (50m) and a flight distance of 50 m, a new Home point was suddenly defined at a distance of 1300 m from my current position. Note that I did not touch anything to define a new home point and never been there.
At that point the maximum flight distance was immediately exceeded and a RTH procedure was initiated (to this distant point) without any possibility to control a flight back to me.

So far I was not able to recover the drone but still trying with the last GPS position.

I am using the latest firmware and DJI GO 3.1.2 on a Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1. Compass and IMU were calibrated. GPS reception was 16 or more.

2017-1-30
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Answering my own post, while I was trying to understand what happened I came across reports of a known bug in DJI GO 3.1.2 that places the Home point 1300 m away to West of your real location. This together with the maximum distance limit that I thought would protect me from loosing my drone, actually resulted in loosing my drone.
Any idea on what DJI will do for me if I cannot recover my drone ?
2017-1-30
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Answering my own post, while I was trying to understand what happened I came across reports of a known bug in DJI GO 3.1.2 that places the Home point 1300 m away to West of your real location. This together with the maximum distance limit that I thought would protect me from loosing my drone, actually resulted in loosing my drone.
2017-1-30
Use props
fansde8b3c54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727799 ft
Australia

Gutted. Hope they acknowledge soon and cover the loss of your Mavic. DJI mindy or Dji Ken should come to your aid soon enough if they see your post. Good luck
2017-1-30
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Question: are you using the DJI Go App or the DJI Go 4 App?
2017-1-30
Use props
madispuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

It would be interesting if you upload the flight playback video.
Here you can find how to do it.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D391%26typeid%3D391
2017-1-30
Use props
Safari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Use DJI GO 4, there are a few reports of on the phantom thread about that problem happening with the 3.1.2 version
2017-1-30
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I believe they came out with the DJI GO 4 APP especially for the P4's and the Mavic. DJI announced this in a forum a while back.
2017-1-31
Use props
macarius
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Has the bug confirmed by DJI yet ?
2017-1-31
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

What they will do for you will be this "User error we are unable to help you"
2017-1-31
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

YKES!!!
I was using 3.1.2 and didn't have a clue about a version 4...this should not be user error, if there's a bug then the app should not permit connection to the drone! There were zero alerts to update the app!
2017-1-31
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

I guess you are still searching for your Mavic. Please do take note of the RTH height you set up on the equipment and take it under consideration when searching for the unit. 1300m is not very far away - I guess you could find it easily enough. Of course this should not have happened. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
2017-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kay3 Posted at 2017-1-30 21:32

Hi sorry to hear you lost your drone, dji probably won't do anything if you can't find your aircraft.

You can get coordinates from you app which might help you find your AC , but if your AC for any reason lost gps it's probably unlikely,

If your logs are complete up to when your AC landed, then you should be able to find location,

Can you upload your logs here, you can do it through http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post them here, phantom help gives much more information than healthy drones and much easier read.

You should also sync your flight logs to the dji cloud.
Hope you get sorted good luck..
2017-1-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Did you try to stop the RTH by pressing the Flight Pause Button on the RC?

Be sure to download the latest copy of the User Manual (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads). The current version (P.2) reads "Ensure to use the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

Hope you find your lost Mavic!
2017-1-31
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully knowing where it headed you may be able to recover it.  It's worth a conversation with DJI as it seems unusual to have two apps available for the same product, especially if one is potentially 'buggy'.  I would have thought that they would disable the Mavic option in DJI Go quite easily and quickly.
2017-1-31
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

I've watched videos where users have crashed their drone and proved through the logs it was the app/controllers fault and they replaced it.  So there is hope of a replacement if evidence can be found.

Good luck!
2017-2-1
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Open a case with DJI, and as said export the flight logs and uploaded to healthydrones to help us helping you! I'm sure some DJI repreesntative will come here soon and take a look at your case too! Good luck!
2017-2-1
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I reviewed the flight log and identified the last location of the drone. Apparently it landed in a campground closed during the winter and guarded by dogs. I was not able so far to find the person in charge.
I opened a case with DJI and their techs are checking the flight data. Will keep you posted.
As for cancelling RTH, when the maximum distance (I set specifically to avoid loosing the drone while learning) is exceeded due to the distant home point recorded without your consent you cannot interrupt RTH as long as your are outside the maximum distance radius around that home point. At least this is what I believe.
This is quite a treacherous bug in the last version of DJO GO because it mostly impact beginners who will see their drone ascend to the failsafe altitude and disappear unexpectedly. Maybe an experienced pilot could have regained control and avoided the loss. Someone dare trying?
2017-2-2
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

I uploaded the flight data to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R69ENZH0MH34MO1Q7EQI/
The interesting part is at 12m 0.2s. Within a few hundredths of second the maximum flight distance is reached and a new far away home point is recorded. Note that my RC told me after a few minutes that the connection was lost but somehow the data was recorded.
2017-2-2
Use props
Chalkidis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87802 ft
Greece

I has similar case. Please let us know what DJI will do for you.
Regards
2017-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kay3 Posted at 2017-2-2 22:22
I uploaded the flight data to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R69ENZH0MH34MO1Q7EQI/
The interesting part is at 12m 0.2s. Within a few hundredths of second the maximum flight distance is reached and a new far away home point is recorded. Note that my RC told me after a few minutes that the connection was lost but somehow the data was recorded.

You lost radio control but not gps, I expect you lost radio control because your height relative to your distance were not good for signal, I don't know or can't figure out how new home point was set, your data I presume was recorded because you still had gps, in the end you were lucky that it landed where it did,
2017-2-5
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

Just thinking out load here.. Did you have the home point selected to be the controller?   I see in the logs it says your mobile device had a weak gps.. I could imagine if the craft was using your controller as home, then your controller has a gps problem, it may have set a new home point to whatever it was getting from your controller gps..?  Just a thought.

I know I had some problems in followme mode and I think it was due to my tablet having a very poor gps ( chip or just implementation)
2017-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

harfordhawk Posted at 2017-2-5 09:30
Just thinking out load here.. Did you have the home point selected to be the controller?   I see in the logs it says your mobile device had a weak gps.. I could imagine if the craft was using your controller as home, then your controller has a gps problem, it may have set a new home point to whatever it was getting from your controller gps..?  Just a thought.

I know I had some problems in followme mode and I think it was due to my tablet having a very poor gps ( chip or just implementation)

Hartfordhawk, think you might be on to something there, yes radio signal was lost, so this maybe home point was changed.
2017-2-5
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Wow, all I have to say is I am sorry.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-5
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

The home point was set automatically before take off to the drone’s current position. I did not change it during the flight.
The loss of radio signal would be surprising at such a close range. But then the app was configured to RTH in such case. So the issue is the new home point.
As for the drone I was not able to recover it and DJI is still analyzing the flight data.
2017-2-5
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds similar to this incident.

2017-2-5
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

Kay3 Posted at 2017-2-5 18:29
The home point was set automatically before take off to the drone’s current position. I did not change it during the flight.
The loss of radio signal would be surprising at such a close range. But then the app was configured to RTH in such case. So the issue is the new home point.
As for the drone I was not able to recover it and DJI is still analyzing the flight data.

ok I was just suggesting that there are two ways in the app to set the home position.  Whichever way is selected before you take off, is how the drone 'automatically' sets the home point. If you had selected "set home to controller', whether you did this by accident when in the settings, that might explain the new home point.  I suppose you know what I mean.  If you had the setting to use the craft as the home point setting in the app, then I understand.  I am just trying to throw out ideas as to why it did that.
2017-2-6
Use props
Mavrick
lvl.2
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss.  By any chance where you near a restricted fly zone?
I ask because another forum poster said that he strayed into a restricted fly zone and his Mavic just went to full power and headed in a random direction.  He had to hold the throttle in reverse to keep it from disappearing.

2017-2-6
Use props
Chalkidis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87802 ft
Greece

Hi all
This is a known bug after the last update from 18 of January.
All trouble about RTH started after the update.
This is what happened to others in sequence
1. Initially the aircraft has a home point
2. By the time the aircraft in flying, pilot might change position
3. When you ask for RTH mavic knows that pilot change position
4.By the time pilot asks RTH  DJI Go app/ DJI Go 4 app asks you where to return. a) Original home point b) New pilot's "current position"
5. If select initial home home point everything runs smooth BUT is pilot select pilots new point this is were troubles starts

No matter if you have bud signal on your phone DJI app send new faulty coordinates to mavic. This is a bug at the application
PLease check this video ()  and check the messages pop up at  8.20min from the application. Most of the pilots when flying they do not read carefully the messages. Consider also that RTH to new pilots position is not a well know feature of a drone. I bet no beginner pilot knows that. So when ask drone to RTH most of people push buttons on rush.

Check this thread also https://forum.dji.com/thread-82620-1-1.html
2017-2-6
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Although the bug in your reply is probably related my situation was different.

1.        Maximum flight distance is set to say 80 m in the latest DJI GO app (3.1.2)
2.        Initially the aircraft has a (correct) home point
3.        Aircraft reaches the maximum flight distance and initiates RTH without any pilot action
4.        Simultaneously, the home point changes to a distant location 1.3 km away from the pilot’s position (apparently this dummy home point is provided by the app for some unknown reason)
5.        Aircraft goes to the new location some 1.3 km away

Once the wrong home point is set by the app, to pilot cannot get the aircraft to return to him because the maximum flight distance forces the aircraft to return near the dummy home point.

To be clear:
- I did not change position after take-off.
- I did not take any action to define a new home point.

It seems that there is a offset between the GPS system and the maps over China. To summarize the post (https://forum.dji.com/thread-81610-1-1.html) that discusses the issue to correct this you must have (on Android) :
1.        Enable Amap (For China Mainland) On
2.        Calibrate Map Coordintes (For China Mainland) Off
2017-2-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Kay3 Posted at 2017-2-7 07:13
Although the bug in your reply is probably related my situation was different.

1.        Maximum flight distance is set to say 80 m in the latest DJI GO app (3.1.2)

Hi Kay3. I've seen you mention a few times that DJO Go 3.1.2 is the latest version... That's not quite correct. That's only the latest version of DJI Go 3.x.x but there is a DJI Go 4 app, which is the one we are supposed to be using with our Mavics. Are you aware of this?

DJI should really make it much more clear that DJI Go 3 is no longer recommended for flying the Mavic.
2017-2-7
Use props
Kay3
lvl.1

France

Right. DJI GO 4 is the latest version. I was simply not aware of this until it was too late.
I wonder why DJI GO (3) it is still on PlayStore.

2017-2-7
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Kay3 Posted at 2017-2-7 09:09
Right. DJI GO 4 is the latest version. I was simply not aware of this until it was too late.
I wonder why DJI GO (3) it is still on PlayStore.

Dji Go (version 3.x.x) is for Phantom 3, Inspire 1, OSMO and something else. Which is why it is on Playstore.  This is different than Dji Go 4.  Don't confuse the "4" with the version number of Dji Go.
2017-2-9
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

Hope you find your air craft back
2017-2-9
Use props
ontwowheels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434626 ft
United States

Any updates?  Previous P3S owner and new Mavic owner.  Only have 11 flights so far with the Mavic, the issue encountered certainly concerning.  I am flying the Mavic with the DJI Go 4 app and the P3S I continue to use DJI Go.
2017-2-9
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-7 07:24
Hi Kay3. I've seen you mention a few times that DJO Go 3.1.2 is the latest version... That's not quite correct. That's only the latest version of DJI Go 3.x.x but there is a DJI Go 4 app, which is the one we are supposed to be using with our Mavics. Are you aware of this?

DJI should really make it much more clear that DJI Go 3 is no longer recommended for flying the Mavic.

" DJI should really make it much more clear that DJI Go 3 is no longer recommended for flying the Mavic. "

I am only using GoApp3 for my mavic.
I have had zero trouble and dont believe your concern is warranted.

Also to the OP, how come you cant locate your AC?
Did it disappear down a mine shaft?
Only 1.3 Klm from your location and you cant find it?
You mention it could be behind locked gate and guarded by ravenous dogs, yet you want DJI to replace your AC before you even search in specific area?
Did it vanish into thin air?
Will you find it after DJi send you a new one?
I cant believe your AC is 1.3 Klm away and you seem unable to retrieve it, seems funny.
2017-2-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-9 15:25
" DJI should really make it much more clear that DJI Go 3 is no longer recommended for flying the Mavic. "

I am only using GoApp3 for my mavic.

"I am only using GoApp3 for my mavic.
I have had zero trouble and dont believe your concern is warranted."

If you prefer using it, I guess keep doing so. But DJI reps on these forums have stated we should be using Go 4, and that Go 3 is not recommended. This particular bug that Kay3 has encountered has been reported more than once by Android users using Go 3.1.2
2017-2-9
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I saw this screenshot on a mavic fb group, I'm not sure whether this is a notification from the app or what is it ( I'm guessing so) But it seems that DJI have confirmed there was a serious bug in the RTH in Go3.

I have reuploaded your log to healthydrones because to me is easier to see the information: http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications

And see what happens mid flight:

12m 00s        49.4 m        48 m        Tip        Home Point Recorded

And yet again when is way further:

m        16m 38s        33.0 m        1,269 m        Tip        Home Point Recorded
n        16m 46s        33.0 m        1,269 m        Mode        Mode changed to Go_Home
o        16m 46s        33.0 m        1,269 m        Tip        Returning Home

To me this is clearly a bug, and I really hope you get a new drone.

Good luck buddy!
2017-2-10
Use props
Jamison74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4255778 ft
United States

After reading this thread and the fact that DJI announced last month that it was ending support for Go3. Along with the recommended app for the Mavic is Go4. I am definitely glad that I switched over to using DJIGO4.
2017-2-10
Use props
fans23aba83e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2549 ft
United Kingdom

I have had exactly the same experience. . Home point established at my location and changing mid flight as I started the return to home. I had clear vision of the ac up until the final 50m .. it landed in foliage just seconds after I lost sight of it. There are quite a few anomalies on the flight log.. I have forensically searched both locations with hunting and tracking friends and professional search and rescue colleagues without success.  Yesterday there was a communication from DJI acknowledging a problem with RTH.. DI'd anyone else receive it?. I too have started a case and fully expect DJI to do the honourable thing
2017-02-09 20.42.42.jpg
2017-2-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules