Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Marko Polo Tracker
1869 8 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Defender4he1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

Anyone mounted a Marko Polo tracker to there Mavic I stuffed up big time and mounted one behind the battery with a stainless bracket over the top
and down the back .Seems  I covered the GPS  . Took it up to about 60m where it went atti and took off at a great rate off knots .Managed to fly it back
from about 3000 m to about 300m when it landed due to critical low battery .The Marco Polo paid for it self with recovery no problem  I am now looking
to mount it clip on to the front arm or without being rude suggest a better position

Thanks
101_0855.JPG
2017-1-31
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

I'm confused. If the mounting of the tracker blocked gps and caused a problem, how can you say it 'paid for itself'?
2017-1-31
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-31 04:04
I'm confused. If the mounting of the tracker blocked gps and caused a problem, how can you say it 'paid for itself'?

Probably because he could track the drone with the tracker, rather than the GPS from the drone itself..
2017-1-31
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I read for the tracker to work it has to have line of sight. So if you lost it in a forest it couldn't find it. Have you tested it to see if it works with obstacles around?   
2017-1-31
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.3
Australia

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-1-31 04:48
I read for the tracker to work it has to have line of sight. So if you lost it in a forest it couldn't find it. Have you tested it to see if it works with obstacles around?

In the mad panic after it went down I drove about 1500 m to where I thought I would begin the search.
When I switched on the locator I had a 5% signal in the direction of home behind a forrested hiii.Next  stop was about half way with 40% signal with 2 meter cane grass in the indicated position I drove home to a 50% signal .  Lessons learnt don't panic switch on the locator first up This is rural area and the first signal was no way line of sight . The AC was recovered about 300m  away in a cleared paddock .To conclude if I did'nt have the tracker on  the AC probably would'nt have flown away but I would'nt have found it without so ?????

2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You do not want to be covering the GPS, mount your device on the top front of the aircraft then it will not be blocking anything except some drag caused by flying in Sports Mode.
I have my Trackimo mounted on the top front.
Also, you MUST re-calibrate the compass ANYTIME you add or remove anything metal.
2017-1-31
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-31 14:01
You do not want to be covering the GPS, mount your device on the top front of the aircraft then it will not be blocking anything except some drag caused by flying in Sports Mode.
I have my Trackimo mounted on the top front.
Also, you MUST re-calibrate the compass ANYTIME you add or remove anything metal.

Thanks Ken  Fixed to top just in front of battery .Flew 2 flights one 6 minutes and 1 of 18 minutes of 6000m
no problems flew perfect as always apart from yesterday .Top speed in sport just over70k so happy with that
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-2-1 00:43
Thanks Ken  Fixed to top just in front of battery .Flew 2 flights one 6 minutes and 1 of 18 minutes of 6000m
no problems flew perfect as always apart from yesterday .Top speed in sport just over70k so happy with that

That's great. Compass re-calibrated too right ?
2017-2-1
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I painted my tag orange and mounted it on the top front surface using velcro.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules