Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1912 24 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone any guidance as to how to cahnge my avatar. I have been to the right palce and chosen the avatar, but it will not upload as I get an I/O error Please try again. I have done, with many different formats, and still no luck.
Help please!

2017-1-31
Use props
AssHatModerator
lvl.1

United States

Reduce the size of your Avatar to 200x200 or less pixels.  It should be no problem after that.
2017-1-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

AssHatModerator Posted at 2017-1-31 06:43
Reduce the size of your Avatar to 200x200 or less pixels.  It should be no problem after that.

Many thanks for the thought. it is 98x120 pixels. I have tried, GIF, Jpg, BMP, and PNG. No luck.
2017-1-31
Use props
AssHatModerator
lvl.1

United States

Try making it square.  BTW, are you trying to load from a computer or a smart phone/device?
2017-1-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

I am try to load it from my Mac via the foru  website. I have tried the square pic versions as well, again all with no. Perhaps I might just give up and one day the avatar fairy will make it work.

Thank you for your help.
2017-1-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Mine took a day or two to work.  Don't know why
2017-1-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

I will keep trying then. Perhaps as I said it is the avatar fairy that does it.
2017-1-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Once an appropriate avatar has been chosen, it can take a week or more to appear on the forum.
It will often be visible on your home page, but not in new posts, for a while...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

embayweather Posted at 2017-1-31 08:34

Aloha embay,

As RedHot says, it may appear on the Personal Homepage first so be sure to check that page first.  Timing could also be a problem.  Try doing it at different times during the day and night.  Remember that China is in a very different time zone and maintenance has to be done so network hold-ups can occur at almost any time.  Just try another time.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-31
Use props
Quamera
lvl.3
Australia

embayweather Posted at 2017-1-31 08:34

I had a fair bit of strife too, maybe the pictures I tried were too large but the registration process wouldn't let me continue without choosing one and I couldn't see the default option so eventually I just grabbed a big orange rock out of the windows 7 standard pics and it worked. I don't even know where or what my avatar is.
2017-1-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-31 15:13
Aloha embay,

As RedHot says, it may appear on the Personal Homepage first so be sure to check that page first.  Timing could also be a problem.  Try doing it at different times during the day and night.  Remember that China is in a very different time zone and maintenance has to be done so network hold-ups can occur at almost any time.  Just try another time.

Finicky system, that works great, when it wants to. Ha

Perhaps our chosen avatars need to get DJI approval first? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-31 16:38
Finicky system, that works great, when it wants to. Ha

Perhaps our chosen avatars need to get DJI approval first? ;-)

Aloha RedHot,

Yes!  That is right.  DJI did have to approve an Avatar but that has been removed from the Rules and Regulations.  So now they may still do it but it is not encoded in the Rules and Regulations.  I remember it used to be though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-31 19:08
Aloha RedHot,

Yes!  That is right.  DJI did have to approve an Avatar but that has been removed from the Rules and Regulations.  So now they may still do it but it is not encoded in the Rules and Regulations.  I remember it used to be though.

I have a few, which would not get DJI approval. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-31
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-31 19:12
I have a few, which would not get DJI approval. Haha

I used the size of your avatar RedHotPoker and made mine exactly the same size. It still would not load up. It is an avatar I use on all of the sites. I just get the I/O error please try again message. Tried it in all formats, except it will not take BMP. I doubt it will get rejected becasue it is quite mundane. I evemn tried a different avatar, still no luck. Ho Hum.
Thank you all for your thoughts, I will just keep trying. perhaps it is just another way of encouraging site visits.
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

embayweather Posted at 2017-2-1 05:21
I used the size of your avatar RedHotPoker and made mine exactly the same size. It still would not load up. It is an avatar I use on all of the sites. I just get the I/O error please try again message. Tried it in all formats, except it will not take BMP. I doubt it will get rejected becasue it is quite mundane. I evemn tried a different avatar, still no luck. Ho Hum.
Thank you all for your thoughts, I will just keep trying. perhaps it is just another way of encouraging site visits.

You might have to use a computer, as a mobile device seems to have an avatar restriction here.
Once your avatar loads, it might take a week or more before it shows up in new posts.
It will usually be visible on your homepage, before being utilized in forum posts.

Keep trying, it will stick eventually....

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-1 10:48
You might have to use a computer, as a mobile device seems to have an avatar restriction here.
Once your avatar loads, it might take a week or more before it shows up in new posts.
It will usually be visible on your homepage, before being utilized in forum posts.

I cannot even get it to upload, just keep getting IO error message and then nothing.
2017-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-1 10:48

I cannot even get it to upload, just keep getting IO error message and then nothing.
2017-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

embayweather Posted at 2017-2-7 05:20

Are you using a desktop computer?
Mobile devices seem to have a restriction. Not sure why you are having problems.

Hopefully, the mods can have a look at this for you. I don't have a suggestion.
I know once you do get it to stick, it still can take a week or more for it to show up in regular posts.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-7
Use props
eliot may
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

I agree the avatar system is clunky. Most apps will know and fix avatars that are too big. Too bad but pick your battles. Fix go 3.1.2!
2017-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

I am using an iMac to try and do the upload. Impossible on my iPad. I suppose I could try my other Mac just in case, but that's connected to the same system.

I will let you know if I ever get anywhere, but some Moserator input would be helpful.

2017-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

Just been upgraded to Hobbyist, still cant upload an avatar. I will keep trying. Please join in DJI if you think you can help.
2017-2-8
Use props
jakobe

United States

I am having the same problem, using a 200x200px image multiple formats, all of them fail to upload..tried from chrome and FF, but my webcam image will load...makes no sense
2017-2-16
Use props
embayweather
Captain
United Kingdom

I solved it by using a different computer. Still an iMac , and still on the same network as the other, but it worked. You might also try using  other browsers as well. Firefox ws good for me. Make sure that your avatar  is png or gif. Just one other possibility. It might be bcuase you are a beginner. Not sure if DJI block you until you have been in for a while. I always got I/O error when trying to load it.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

For more info. Visit your Home Page, tap Reminders in the right column and then System Reminds at top.

Then tap the most recent entry, for a full rundown of available forum options in your present and current classification category.

Yes seniority has its benefits. I'm striving towards Flight Instructor status... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
PhantomGhost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 803350 ft
United States

I'm using an iMac and could not get Safari to upload an avatar. So I tried Chrome and it worked fairly well - not perfectly. To update an avatar I had to log out and back in again. That worked for me.
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules