Inspire 2 Case Modifications
6576 24 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Hi everyone!  Have any of you made any modifications to the standard DJI Inspire 2 case?  Until my second remote and extra chargers come through, I thought it would be a good idea to create a foam insert and store extra batteries in the empty space for the second controller.  
I think it would be great if DJI sold similar inserts; I know I would have bought one anyway!
Once my second controller comes, I'll have to look at other ways to store my extra batteries and chargers.  
Just wondering if any of you have come up with any ideas for storage, eg, pelican case and if so, what size?
Any photos?  
Would be great for us all to share ideas.  Let's get creative!

Thanks,
Karl
Case mod I2 battery out.jpg
Case mod I2.jpg
2017-1-31
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Nice work!
2017-1-31
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks.

I was thinking that when I get second R/C that I could choose to take second R/C or extra batteries in the case. But then if I need 2nd R/C I would have to find something for the batteries and extra charges.
2017-1-31
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Where do you guys store your ipad/tablet though.  One thing I hate about the stock case is the props are a pain to put away.  They are difficult to put back in the bag and I'm afraid to store them under any tension etc.
2017-1-31
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

NJ Flying Crazy Posted at 2017-1-31 07:59
Where do you guys store your ipad/tablet though.  One thing I hate about the stock case is the props are a pain to put away.  They are difficult to put back in the bag and I'm afraid to store them under any tension etc.

Take the props out of the bag. You can get 3 sets in without squashing them so long as their not in a bag!. So 2 sets are a breeze.
I use ipad pro 12.7 so it never fitted in the i1 case. Just got used to carrying it as extra baggage...
2017-1-31
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

got it.  I have the pro too but bought a mini for the I2.  I felt my pro was too big and I use it mostly for digging in at work.  I can fit in, may make my own case assuming I don't end up modding it like the OP (which is very cool).
2017-1-31
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hi Karl. How did you make that foam insert?  It looks like a pretty clean cut.  Aos, how is the weight?  does the case feel like there's any strain on the handle at all?
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's pretty neat.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-31 08:52
Take the props out of the bag. You can get 3 sets in without squashing them so long as their not in a bag!. So 2 sets are a breeze.
I use ipad pro 12.7 so it never fitted in the i1 case. Just got used to carrying it as extra baggage...

Perhaps that new spare battery case could have a side pocket for the iPad, it will help kill two birds with one stone?
2017-1-31
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Here is what I did for my Batts: Pelican 1510 (TSA approved + overhead sized)I checked and can get a total of 8 pairs in the case.

I am also working on a case for the X5s with all my M4/3 lenses, filters, step up / balance rings, ect. The X4s will always stay with the I2 case, and eventually ill get a 2nd remote as well. By then I will have the Go Pro. case for the I2.

Hope these pics can give you some ideas.

IMG_9831.jpg
IMG_9829.jpg
IMG_9830.jpg
2017-1-31
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

GabeZ Posted at 2017-1-31 20:25
Hi Karl. How did you make that foam insert?  It looks like a pretty clean cut.  Aos, how is the weight?  does the case feel like there's any strain on the handle at all?

Hi GabeZ,

Pretty easy I got a bit of dense foam from local shop smallest bit they had was $20 (enough to make 6 of these with a tad spare) 500mm square and 50 mm tall, I also got another bit of foam 15mm in height to go under the insert this gives the batteries some protection from under side.

get a steel rule and a very shape knive and cut 205mm x 165mm

use a fine texter (felt pen) and mark out boxes. see attached image with sizes.

Then very carefully slice out the holes making sure to keep the knife vertical  (always small cuts)

from start to finish it took me about 20 mins (never having done anything like this before) next one will be faster and neater
Oh and dont forget to round of the corners a bit... It's only foam so another 20 seconds to trim

Cutting guide for 6 batteries in the 2nd R/C hole

Cutting guide for 6 batteries in the 2nd R/C hole
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-31 22:23
Here is what I did for my Batts: Pelican 1510 (TSA approved + overhead sized)I checked and can get a total of 8 pairs in the case.

I am also working on a case for the X5s with all my M4/3 lenses, filters, step up / balance rings, ect. The X4s will always stay with the I2 case, and eventually ill get a 2nd remote as well. By then I will have the Go Pro. case for the I2.

Thanks Gybo,
that Pelican case looks like a great size for 12 bats plus a couple of extra chargers!
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-31 21:35
Perhaps that new spare battery case could have a side pocket for the iPad, it will help kill two birds with one stone?

2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

GabeZ Posted at 2017-1-31 20:25

Sorry forgot to mention about the weight!

Seems to be fine. I personally don't think this will be an issue, but for me this is a go between. As some days I got out with only one R/C  and a case full of batteries... other days I might go out with 2 R/C's and look for a pelican case to store batteries and extra charges. at the end of the day every job is different and needs will change so to have different case configurations could be a big plus!
2017-2-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks great and you have plenty of batteries!  The second remote will need to fit into the same spot as the battery location. As far as extra chargers, I would wait until they release the Multi charger that is coming in the near future. It will charge 4 batteries simultaneously

All the best
Rich
2017-2-1
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-1 08:33
Looks great and you have plenty of batteries!  The second remote will need to fit into the same spot as the battery location. As far as extra chargers, I would wait until they release the Multi charger that is coming in the near future. It will charge 4 batteries simultaneously

Thanks Rich,
But it all might just be invien, as I am now thinking on sending the entire shipment back with a paypal dispute as DJI have still not met with their agreement in supplying goods.(DJI warrants that each DJI product that you purchase is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the warranty period.)

I can only hope that this is resolved very quickly as I really like the Inspire 2 and would hate to be forced into returning it all!

2017-2-1
Use props
tTownTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1928192 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This is how I maximize space in the I2 case to bring all the stuff I need for a dual operator shoot, plus a little extra!
This case holds:
• Inspire 2
• X5S + 15mm lens
• 6x batteries
• Battery charger + power adaptor and cable
• 2x remote controls + lanyards and cables
• 2x iPads (+ one hood)
• Filter pouch (with contains six filters and extra SSD cards)
• 2x iPad chargers
• RC battery charge cable
• Spare parts and silica
• Business cards

Later on I cut out part of the case foam so I can transport the I2 with batteries attached. Please note that DJI does not recommend storing the drone with batteries attached over longer periods of time.

Any tips and tricks are welcome!
2017-6-29
Use props
GoCopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73461 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you need more space for battery and INS2, look here...
https://droneparts.de/inspire-2-akku-lade-koffer
https://droneparts.de/dji-inspire-2-transportkoffer-trolley
2017-7-7
Use props
fansc776fa97
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

GoCopter Posted at 2017-7-7 09:26
If you need more space for battery and INS2, look here...
https://droneparts.de/inspire-2-akku-lade-koffer
https://droneparts.de/dji-inspire-2-transportkoffer-trolley

I like the look of this case and nice to see the Pelican case used. I ave a question though. Is there an area to store the x5s gimbal/camera if you do not wish to leave it attached? I prefer not to leave it attached when travelling.
2017-7-10
Use props
fansbd608f5d
New

United States

I purchased a dji inspire 2 second hand, new. Other than propellers mounted in top of box this is what is included. Is this standard inspire 2 contents?
2018-5-9
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

fansbd608f5d Posted at 2018-5-9 11:19
I purchased a dji inspire 2 second hand, new. Other than propellers mounted in top of box this is what is included. Is this standard inspire 2 contents?

Show us a picture please. But the standard package comes with 2 batteries, the stock RC with a device holder, charger, and cables, and some small spare parts.
2018-5-9
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

tTownTom Posted at 2017-6-29 22:58
This is how I maximize space in the I2 case to bring all the stuff I need for a dual operator shoot, plus a little extra!
This case holds:
• Inspire 2

This is what I was thinking and exactly what I wanted to see.  No sense in installing batteries in the field for the first flight.  Batteries go from charger to aircraft to flight then back out to charge or long term storage.  I'm notching my case.
2019-1-11
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Nice! Work!
2019-1-11
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tTownTom Posted at 2017-6-29 22:58
This case holds:
• Inspire 2

I just noticed the controllers being antennas down so the tappered shape gives more room for the batteries.  Brilliant.
2019-1-11
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules