Pano on Litchi
1666 10 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 575167 ft
United States

The first time I used the Pano for 360 it worked perfect. I did the stiching in PTgui.
Since that time, I've never beena able to get a good 360. Most of the time it's missing
control points and it's kinda of confusing to fix it. Just curious if anyone has used this
feature with success or even failure. The wind conditions have been calm most of
the flights and I'm using P3P.

2017-1-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i did, worked ok, but when i tried to add delays it did not work (I tried to get longer exposures in manual mode). I endup making panos manually now. Honestly I should probably contact litchi and see if there's a bug. What r your settings? I usually did 8 photos 3 rows, and 3 in ndir.
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
United States

I have the same setting on the rows and ndir as you do. I even added pictures per row and it didn't help. I'm trying out another stiching program called autopano giga.
2017-1-31
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-31 11:00
i did, worked ok, but when i tried to add delays it did not work (I tried to get longer exposures in manual mode). I endup making panos manually now. Honestly I should probably contact litchi and see if there's a bug. What r your settings? I usually did 8 photos 3 rows, and 3 in ndir.

I have also tried the pano. I can tell you that I was on the "beta" user list and was running that version. Couldn't get it to work very well. Backed out of the beta and went to the regular version. Pano did work much better but I really didn't get the results I was looking for. But, the couple of times I tried it was pretty windy out. I think Litchi is a great app. Looking forward to trying it again when the weather is more cooperative.
2017-1-31
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I have had overall good luck with the pano. Sometimes it fails to complete the missions successfully. I would recommend doing a mission more than once. Just as in still photography multiple shots will increase your chance of success.
2017-1-31
Use props
SkyFlyMike
lvl.2
United States

It looks like the problem is not Litchi, it's the stitching software. I tried the trial version of Autopano Gigi and it worked perfectly.
2017-1-31
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

SkyFlyMike Posted at 2017-1-31 13:00
It looks like the problem is not Litchi, it's the stitching software. I tried the trial version of Autopano Gigi and it worked perfectly.

Try multiple times with PTGUI. Sometimes it will stitch after several tries. Overall I think PTGUI is your best option for creating a pan. Also,  I have found its tough to get control pts. over water etc
2017-2-1
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-31 11:00

how do you create panos manually?
2017-2-1
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

BlueMan Posted at 2017-2-1 07:02
how do you create panos manually?

I meant u just fly manually, meaning u control the rotation and so on and take the photos manually, u still need a stitching program to deal with the actual creation of the panorama.
2017-2-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I have been using a free program called Hugin to do my panos.  It works perfectly every time.
2017-2-1
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-2-1 10:36
I have been using a free program called Hugin to do my panos.  It works perfectly every time.

i tried using hugin and it was still leaving black spots in the image as if the shots didn't overlap enough. i used drone pan for the pictures though. what settings did you use with litchi?
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules