Dji care refresh not a international coverage
10886 16 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jwsp69
lvl.1

China

I am currently in china since the last week of Jan till mid feb. Since I was on holiday here, I bought a mavic pro combo with DJI refresh locally in china.

Activated the mavic and check the dji refresh and it says all is good.

Flew my mavic a few times and crashed it due to pilot error.

Since it was Chinese New Year, I had to wait till the holidays are over before I could get any kind of support on the phone.

Managed to get hold of someone from the china support office. Told her about me being a tourist in china and the dji care refresh bought in china also.

I was then told that the dji care refresh is only valid if I sent it in from china, and after repair it is returned to a china address.

I told her it is not possible because I will not be in china anymore by the time the drone is being returned.

I told her I can send it in when I am still here, but when it has been repaired, to send it to my home address outside china. I understand I will need to pay for the shipping charges  

I was then told it cannot be done. They will only entertain the dji refresh for drones sent in from china and returned to china after repair .... because it was bought in china.

Anyway I was given this online dji repair site to arrange my mavic to be sent in. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/

When I select china on the website, it says it is not avail in the region that I have requested.

Am at a lost of what to do now? Did I just waste my money on the dji care refresh? I can't even submit an online repair request now.
2017-1-31
Use props
Safari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Care refresh is not everywhere available, for a dubious reason we cannot buy it here in Switzerland (as we are not part of Europa). I prefer anyway my 2 years warranty by my reseller and will try to fly safe. ;)
2017-1-31
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Jwsp69, setup a ARAMEX GLOBAL SHIPPER account. Send Mavic in for repair to DJI. Then give them your ARAMEX China shipping address. DJI Ships to your China address, ARAMEX then ships your Mavic back to you. They cheap as well.  Hope that helps.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/
2017-1-31
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

I bought my DJI Care Refresh seperately on the DJI website, my Mavic was via a Reseller.

I'm pretty sure if your country has a DJI repair shop, you can send it their and they will send it back to you.
  • It makes sense if I'm living in Australia, I would send my Mavic in for repair at an Australian DJI repair shop and not somewhere overseas.

2017-1-31
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

cluc Posted at 2017-1-31 21:50
I bought my DJI Care Refresh seperately on the DJI website, my Mavic was via a Reseller.

I'm pretty sure if your country has a DJI repair shop, you can send it their and they will send it back to you.

"It makes sense if I'm living in Australia, I would send my Mavic in for repair at an Australian DJI repair shop and not somewhere overseas."

It would make sense ;-) But unfortunately that's not the case. Although it doesn't matter where the damage occurred, DJI Care Refresh will only accept the drone for repair in one area of coverage. It's not necessarily where the drone was purchased, but when you purchase Care Refresh, I guess your coverage area is determined by which online shop you purchase from (eg. DJI US, China, Australia, etc). Although I'm not 100% sure how they determine which area of coverage you're purchasing, it's very clear on their FAQ that they'll only honour the coverage in that one area.
2017-1-31
Use props
Jwsp69
lvl.1

China

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I guess the best option for me now is to bring it back home and send it thru my home reseller since I know him personally. If that is not viable will set up a aramac shipping address in china and do it that way. It's a pain with this dji refresh thingy when it is not supported in your hometown
2017-2-1
Use props
Jwsp69
lvl.1

China

They will honour the dji refresh in the country area that I purchase the dji refresh from I understand. That just means I have to send it in to that area repair center and I pay for the return shipping. That's fair enough. But now they are saying that I must send it in from a china address and return to a china address. That I find is ridiculous !!!
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jwsp69 Posted at 2017-2-1 01:22
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I guess the best option for me now is to bring it back home and send it thru my home reseller since I know him personally. If that is not viable will set up a aramac shipping address in china and do it that way. It's a pain with this dji refresh thingy when it is not supported in your hometown

DJI Care Refresh needs to be sent the aircraft to the closest DJI repair center from where you live and where the Care Refresh was purchased from.
So since you purchased in China, the aircraft has to be sent to the China repair center.
I believe you can send it there from wherever you live but you would have to pay for the shipping both ways.
What is your Care Refresh account number and I will have someone follow up with you.
Depending on the severity of the crash, shipping both ways may be more of less then if you pay to have it repaired at the nearest facility that can repair a Mavic.Crom the screenshot below, you should have purchased DJI Care Refresh from the country that you live in and it would have been covered there when you got home.
But also if you needed a warranty repair, the aircraft would have to be sent to the nearest DJI repair center from where you purchased the Mavic.
Capture.JPG
2017-2-1
Use props
Jwsp69
lvl.1

China

My DJI fresh agreement number is VC7LYG8SUEI4MWOB.

I understand I have to pay for shipping myself if I send / return to a different region.
IMG_0141.PNG
2017-2-2
Use props
Jwsp69
lvl.1

China

Trying to get someone to help me but no response or responses are no help at all or website directed to does not work.

1. Call support at the china office and the operator sent me a website address via SMS to request for an online repair request.

2. Went to the website as instructed and when I select china, it says not supported and to uses other support options.

3. Used other support options on the dji website and trying to send the email thru the website failed.

4. Online chat ask me to send email to support@dji. After sending a few for the past few days with pictures, details, explanation .... no response.

The dji refresh program says that it will get priority action if used....but what use is it if I cannot get contact of anyone at support at all.

Getting frustrated. Should have brought my P3 here for holidays. All the beautiful sights and no aerial photos !!!!!
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jwsp69 Posted at 2017-2-2 21:21
Trying to get someone to help me but no response or responses are no help at all or website directed to does not work.

1. Call support at the china office and the operator sent me a website address via SMS to request for an online repair request.

Really sorry for the frustration, Jwsp69.
Since you didn't click the reply button, we don't know you are responding to us.
Could you please provide me with the ticket number?
2017-2-6
Use props
fans97eb6270
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2982 ft
Singapore

Can I assume that i can buy DJI care(refresh) for mavic pro as long as I can ship my mavic to china?
I wont mind paying the shipping fee (to Singapore) as long as (cross fingers) a mavic can get exchanged.
2017-3-9
Use props
Samahita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17041 ft
Sri Lanka

Can one buy DJI care refresh for Sri Lanka?
Mavic Pro + Spark?
2017-11-9
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry if this thread is dead! But I have a questions to pose and would appreciate your thoughts, I'm not trying to buck the system per say and I Hope I don't crash!

I'm heading to Hong Kong and have ordered a Mavic Pro Platinum (hopefully on its way to the hotel as we speak!) I'm from the UK and was thinking to myself would it be worth purchasing the care refresh from the UK when I get to Hong Kong and get my drone so its covered back in the UK where most of my flying will be done and I will run the risk of not damaging it in HK whilst I am there?

So Drone bought in HK but before I register the drone I purchase care refresh from the UK DJI online store would this cover me as a warranty in the UK (Care Refresh is effectively buying a supercharged warranty so normal warranty doesn't matter), I haven't spoken to DJI yet on this but it would be good to get some clarity on what is the trigger for where the warranty and/or care refresh is based.

So is warranty based on
Country of Purchase
or
Country of Registration
And
If care refresh is purchased then warranty is irrelevant but the refresh package (which is a super warranty if you like) will be based on the country that the care refresh package was purchased in
Or
If care refresh is purchased then the package is based on the address you use when you register it care refresh (independent of the drone itself or where it was registered or purchased) and will use that country for it repairs

This is assuming that the care refresh is purchased separately but for a new drone that is as I believe can done now.

If the refresh package was purchased at the same time as the drone either in store or online then its is automatically activated according to the website and will naturally assume that it will be used in the country of purchase?

Also if you crash twice and get 2 replacements and the second replacement develops a fault does the normal warranty still cover a replacement if deemed non repair (If you have that many crashes mind maybe you should take up another hobby!) this might be for another thread but its a good question.

Apologies if the above is a bit deep? but I'm wondering if maybe an admins could clarify or anyone care to add as I might just be losing it!

P
2017-11-20
Use props
fans132d7cfa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61161 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

New Spark owner here, but thankfully not new to multirotors!

I too echo schmooit's concern over regions of coverage.

I solely bought the spark for a trip to the Caribbean where I aim to have some fun with a family get together and get some great footage and photos.

Seeing the Dji refresh deal made me think that buying the refresh package might be a good thing, so I went ahead and bought it hoping that that there would be a I could choose region coverage when going through the paying process.

Unfortunately this did not happen, so my concern is that if there is a problem with the drone when I am there (doubtful as it seems like a very capable machine), that I will not be covered.

Please could a Dji representative clarify this for us, as I will more than likely be using my own home built drones (fpv) when back here in the UK and NOT using the Spark so much in the region where I purchased the DJi Care refresh package.

Many thanks,

M
2017-11-28
Use props
fans132d7cfa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61161 ft
United Kingdom

MavicUser Posted at 2016-11-28 11:13

Just found this whislt digging around- covers what my concern were.

It does not matter where it's crashed, if it's covered by care refresh, then you can obtain the care refresh service in the country you buy it.

Please check more information on the website:
· Brand-new and unactivated product.
· Activated less than 48 hours.

Good  luck schmooit!
2017-11-28
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

PAYBACK Posted at 2017-1-31 21:41
Jwsp69, setup a ARAMEX GLOBAL SHIPPER account. Send Mavic in for repair to DJI. Then give them your ARAMEX China shipping address. DJI Ships to your China address, ARAMEX then ships your Mavic back to you. They cheap as well.  Hope that helps.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/

This service only for those in South Africa ?
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules