Motor off command: doesn't make sense!
818 4 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dagon
lvl.2
United States

When I watch various videos it seems like the disarm motor command has varied from time to time and model to model.
On my new P4P the motor off command is left stick down & hold for 3 seconds. That's the same stick command for a quick descent! Isn't there a danger of switching off your motors in midair if you do a prolonged fast descent?

2017-2-1
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

No.  The barometer is also used.  If the Phantom is moving, it will not shut down.  

On that same note, every phantom has been capable of shutting off by holding down on the decent stick, its not new.
2017-2-1
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Know when it senses its in-flight it defends when it knows it's on the ground in not moving it turns off the motors. However both sticks down and inward will shut the motors off in flight
2017-2-1
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Typos in my previous. While it has motion the dance sticks will descend when it's stationary with no movement it shuts off the Motors.
Both sticks down into gather like when you starter up will kill the motors in flight
2017-2-1
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-1 07:56
You're wrong on that for a P4 and P4P you use left stick down and in + RTH to cut them.

I was hoping someone would add this! Left stick down only will not kill the motors.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules