question on no fly zone
1695 10 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Hi i have planes fying over in my area i never use the phantom around beside the school parking i have a small lake down on my property frozen and would like to practice will the dji go tell me automacticaly if this is a no fly zone

2017-2-1
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Power up and find out.
2017-2-1
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

^what he said. Also, there are other apps like UAV forecast that you can use without firing up the phantom
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's not clear to me whether you're asking about DJI's no fly zones or your country's flight restricted zones...

Personally, I like airmap.  I am pretty sure it works in Canada.

However, you shouldn't rely solely on some app, whether it be airmap, DJI, or anybody else, to tell where you should and should not fly.  You should know the rules or laws in your country.  It's your responsibility.  Hope this helps.

2017-2-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The Go App will colour the map red if you are in Restricted and No Fly zones .....

Watch my video here and look bottom left of screen at map :

Note that the warning comes up ENTERING and LEAVING the red circled area.

The cordinates of these areas are embedded into the Go App and will display the warnings.

If your area is not usually marked as this - then you flying will not trigger any warning. But you need to know if its safe or not.

I fly in Red area - because my house sits just inside the Red Ring .... Airport is hardly used and I am friends with management of the Airport who i have agreement so I can fly any model there I wish.

Today I was flying my 4 engined Lancaster  and my big Zlin Aerobatics machines there today.

Nigel
2017-2-1
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Thank you for the replies
Nigel leave the geese alone lol the way you fly that thing open you back door fly it in the house and land it in its case  you handle it very well man  
2017-2-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

They're Seagulls actually !!

I can actually fly my wing into back of car to land ....

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get it to self-unplug the battery once it lands !!

Nigel
2017-2-1
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I've seen someone do that at our flying field. Biggest problem was it wasn't his car and the tailgate wasn't open and it was a >4kg .46 nitro powered model!
2017-2-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

We have a guy in our club that if it starts to rain - gets in his car and sits in there while flying his fixed wing smaller stuff.

I have big stuff .... gasoline and Glow powered as well as big electrics ... right down to mini stuff with servos size of a finger nail ... but its only really the wing I will do it with IF ever again !!  

I'm just glad I caught it on video !!

Nigel
2017-2-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

No Fly Zone .............. OK today I loaded up Litchi and started to fly with that ... No red maps ... no warning zones that I have with Go ...

mmmmmm .... interesting ..... we have a big model get together in September that I was concerned about at the local Airport near me ... I'm actually talking to the Local Council who are the organisers to see if we can assist / come up with an event schedule for them. Seems LItchi will be the solution on the Drones ..

Nigel
2017-2-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Permanant flight restricted areas you can't fly.  Doesn't matter what flight app you're using.  The data is already loaded into the AC.  So at the very least you must go through the process of clearing it with DJI unless it's a full fledged no drone zone because there's nothing you can do in that case.  

TFRs on the other hand are a different story.  I believe those you can take advantage of using Litchi or some other flight App besides Go because Go won't be able to shut it down if you don't bring it up on your app.  But personally I would uninstall the Go app to be sure.  

I'm not advocating breaking any rules or laws.  But the TFRs are a nuisance because DJI tends to lock down the area several days before and after the TFR is supposed to begin and end.

2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules