flyaways
839 5 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14695 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. I am new to drones only been a couple of months .I could not afford the top dji so I managed to by a new phantom2 with updated control box. I have only had it out once and only flew very near to my position but on reading about thes flyaways I have become very worried. I am retired and cant afford this to fly away and there is so much information  
about these it can get confing. Are the phantom 2 without camera and wifi prone to fly away problems and would I be better going on the naza mode or staying in the phantom mode I am worried that if it looses signal it wont fly back. I did try this when I flew it and it worked great but I was no distance away. I know you have all heard these questions asked before but please be gentle with me         

2017-2-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Relax, get more experience and practice RTH so you know how it works, how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
Here's something to read to put your mind at ease:  http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/ ... -on-drone-flyaways/
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The P2 series is pretty much rock solid when it comes to RTH.  Read the manual at least twice.  Learn the lights and what the AC is telling you.  Be sure you have a good compass calibration and home point is correctly recorded.  Make sure you have at least 7 satellites.  Let it hover a few secs after launch to be sure the compass is good.  Then have fun and don't worry.

I use NAZA mode because it gives me IOC and I like the lights better - I think it gives me better info via the flashing multi-colored lamps.  I've got over 800 miles on my P2V and P2V+ and I've RTH'd over 200x.  It comes home like a well trained puppy every single time.  
2017-2-1
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-1 06:51
Relax, get more experience and practice RTH so you know how it works, how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
Here's something to read to put your mind at ease:  http://www.droneflyers.com/2016/01/fear-of-flying-2016-the-last-word-on-drone-flyaways/

Thanks for that really useful information
2017-2-1
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Some great help already. I will fly the phantom a few more times before changing to the naza mode as I want to make sure I know exactly what the  switches will do when I change them
2017-2-1
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-1 07:01
The P2 series is pretty much rock solid when it comes to RTH.  Read the manual at least twice.  Learn the lights and what the AC is telling you.  Be sure you have a good compass calibration and home point is correctly recorded.  Make sure you have at least 7 satellites.  Let it hover a few secs after launch to be sure the compass is good.  Then have fun and don't worry.

I use NAZA mode because it gives me IOC and I like the lights better - I think it gives me better info via the flashing multi-colored lamps.  I've got over 800 miles on my P2V and P2V+ and I've RTH'd over 200x.  It comes home like a well trained puppy every single time.

you have put my mind at rest. Thank you
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules