R/C Signal Weak after crash
1207 10 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Hello,
I had a bad crash and now the dji go app says the remote controller signal is weak. I also need to to scroll through the different crafts manually instead of it finding the P3 by default. Once I connect, I can turn on the motors and throttle up and down and shut off motors. I have removed the blades so it is not flying. The app also will not set the home point when it connects to the aircraft.
I am also noticing a small green light on the bottomright side that I never noticed before. Any ideas?
IDK if this has anything to do with the crash but now when I try to turn off my battery the power button flashes red for a few seconds before shutting down... This is the same for my spare battery. NOTICE this problem on happens while that batteries are in the aircraft, they shut down fine when not installed on the aircraft
Anyone know if I can download any info from the craft that could help diagnose my issues?
Thank you
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

First thing I would do is take the top off and go over every inch of the board with a magnifying glass and look for loose plugs, loose wires, and cracked solder.  I'd also thoroughly check the GPS module and antenna for cracks in the porcelain or solder.  Check that the compass cable is still attached on both ends.  Good luck
2017-2-1
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-1 12:10
First thing I would do is take the top off and go over every inch of the board with a magnifying glass and look for loose plugs, loose wires, and cracked solder.  I'd also thoroughly check the GPS module and antenna for cracks in the porcelain or solder.  Check that the compass cable is still attached on both ends.  Good luck

ok thank you, I do plan to open it up and go over things especially since a small piece of broken plastic fell out when I removed the battery
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Make sure when you take off you can use a device to see if you are in the correct place, and you can see the compass is near correct as well.
2017-2-1
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-1 16:41
Make sure when you take off you can use a device to see if you are in the correct place, and you can see the compass is near correct as well.

Right now i do not have the camera hooked up but on the go app it is showing the aircraft pretty close to the spot its in on the map. I have it all apart and I am looking for any obvious problems. Once I get it put back together I will try to do the compass calibration again and all those steps you take before the 1st flight, hopefully that will do something but idk
thanks
2017-2-2
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

UPDATE
As I mentioned in the start of this thread the power button on my batteries would flash for a few seconds after powering down. I found out it was because the video that was recording during the crash did not finish saving because the battery popped upon impact with Earth. I reinstalled the memory card and hooked up the camera and even though it did not fix my corrupted video it did what it had to do and now when I power down the button no longer flashes.
I only did a camera test since I still have the body of the craft taken apart but I did find out the camera and gimbal seem to be working fine. I am still waiting to receive the replacement onboard wifi antenna and then I will be reassembling the craft in hopes of getting it in the air again.
2017-2-5
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Did you check the legs with the antennas?
2017-2-6
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-6 07:48
Did you check the legs with the antennas?

yes, those are fine. One of the square antennas that go inside near the battery had its wire ripped out. Everything "should" be good once that part is replaced (hopefully)
thanks
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Hope for the best...
2017-2-6
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-6 10:38
yes, those are fine. One of the square antennas that go inside near the battery had its wire ripped out. Everything "should" be good once that part is replaced (hopefully)
thanks

That is probably the problem. Part 97. $18 ebay, $26 Amazon.
2017-2-6
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

and 2-3 weeks delivery
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules