Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Gonna fix this GO app. Wrong location
1496 17 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf274e658
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Wonder when its gonna be fixed.
I can see my location changing from here and about 1 mile away like others say .
So if we didnt look into this and then do we just fly away and loose it? Or is this huge error gonna be fixed/?
And if we avoid the knowing are we actually being ignorant and just as much to blame if flies away /??

PS. What up with the maps now being low resolution and barely visible?  Is DJI going backwards? ?

Been patient here with several opportunities of flying and taking scenic photos but I hold my reserve...
2017-2-1
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Hmmm..sticky one this, if we fly these, we are flying it with the knowledge there's a fault even though we don't know what the fault is. I'm considering giving the litchi app a try. Dji might not support this move,but they're not acknowledging that there's a problem with the go app are they?
2017-2-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Johnnyrebel Posted at 2017-2-1 13:34
Hmmm..sticky one this, if we fly these, we are flying it with the knowledge there's a fault even though we don't know what the fault is. I'm considering giving the litchi app a try. Dji might not support this move,but they're not acknowledging that there's a problem with the go app are they?

As explained elsewhere, it is the Chinese New Year, most employees of Chinese companies in China are away on holidays. You might see something when they return.
2017-2-1
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Simply uninstall v3.1.2 of the app and install a previous version and the problem is gone.
If you go back to 3.0.1 (?) or before you'll also get Google Maps back.
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I would like them to fix it anyway.
2017-2-1
Use props
formentera
lvl.1

Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-1 14:09
As explained elsewhere, it is the Chinese New Year, most employees of Chinese companies in China are away on holidays. You might see something when they return.

That is right, but fire chicken started as recently as 28th of Jan - so they had at least 1 week to prevent the chicken from burning ;-)
2017-2-1
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The problems started well before the Chinese new year and dji have had plenty of time to react, even if it was just to say"don't use app 3. whatever".I've changed my app to 2.9.1. The rth problem has gone but there are other issues, that's why I'm thinking of giving litchi a try. If one of these drones causes the loss of life would you put your hand up and say "I told him it was safe to use"?.Hopefully no one will be hurt and no more a/c will be lost before they return from their festivities. I hold myself fully responsible for my a/c and how and where I fly. I bought mine to use as an hobby and for my enjoyment, not to be a test pilot or guinea pig for dji. An acknowledgment that they are aware that there's a problem and they are working on a fix is not a lot to ask and would probably put a lot of peoples minds at rest.It would be nice to just bury my head in the sand and say I don't care, mine is fixed, but that doesn't make me a responsible flier does it?..Sorry about the rant lads but these big companies really p*ss me off, they have a great product here.
2017-2-1
Use props
formentera
lvl.1

Germany

I also downgraded to 2.9.1 which fixed the HP problem, but other problems remained:
lots of "weak signal" and "strong interference" at places on a abandoned countryside where no problems were before last updates.
I think that this relates to the last FW updates. Seems to me that they reduced signal strength to fit better to european regulations or something.
2017-2-1
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

formentera Posted at 2017-2-1 16:16
I also downgraded to 2.9.1 which fixed the HP problem, but other problems remained:
lots of "weak signal" and "strong interference" at places on a abandoned countryside where no problems were before last updates.
I think that this relates to the last FW updates. Seems to me that they reduced signal strength to fit better to european regulations or something.

"Seems to me that they reduced signal strength to fit better to european regulations or something."

Your Phantom was fully compliant with European regulations when it was launched with no downgrading necessary since then.
2017-2-1
Use props
formentera
lvl.1

Germany

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-1 16:52
"Seems to me that they reduced signal strength to fit better to european regulations or something."

Your Phantom was fully compliant with European regulations when it was launched with no downgrading necessary since then.

mmhhh... then I have no explanation for it.  When i bought it and flew in the same locations i had no "weak signal", no "strong interference" and maximum range. I had 2 wonderful weeks . Then came  3.1.2 and some FW updates.
Now it's all over... :-(
2017-2-1
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Dji are leaders in their field, the limits of their products is potentially awesome. I own a basic model, p3s,when advertised it ticked all the boxes of what i wanted. If I could get it to perform these functions I would be ecstatic!. They must know there is a problem and I'm sure they are working on it. A little nod just to tell us that,is all it takes,new year or not.
2017-2-1
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Honestly how hard is it to pull a version on google play store and replace it with a older until the situation is fixed.
I see nothing from DJI... So I now need to research how to downgrade the go app?    Why is this play on a  customers end.
I dunno... Just loaded the here app after doing more research and yet the satellite maps are back ..not as defined but I will live with it, and unless I researched this I was stuck with the later..
2017-2-2
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

formentera Posted at 2017-2-1 16:16

hi..
I am using an android tab and am having homepoint problems as well...could you please explaint to me how you downgraded your app...i am now using the version 3.1.2 and am having problems with my homepoint as well but have no idea how to downgrade and stop the app from upgrading again..thanks

Chris
2017-2-3
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

cvein88 Posted at 2017-2-3 17:09
hi..
I am using an android tab and am having homepoint problems as well...could you please explaint to me how you downgraded your app...i am now using the version 3.1.2 and am having problems with my homepoint as well but have no idea how to downgrade and stop the app from upgrading again..thanks

Google

DJI Go App 2.9.1 download

and go to an archive site that allows you to download to the Tablet.

Uninstall the DJI Go App 3.1.2 you have on the tablet ... DO NOT DELETE anything else. The maps, log files etc. will still be readable by 2.9.1 ...

Now install the 2.9.1 app ......

You will have to login to DJI account again but that's it.

Oh - don't forget to go to Settings ..... and disable Auto Update of Apps ....

If you don't - then Go will auto update back to 3.1.2 !!

Nigel
2017-2-4
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I hear there is now a 3.1.4 version .....

Nigel
2017-2-4
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-4 04:36
I hear there is now a 3.1.4 version .....

Nigel

Not on the Google App Store
2017-2-4
Use props
fans15d28fbb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122438 ft
Canada

On another thread someone posted new go app photo 3.4.1?No where does  it say fixes home point issues I'm waiting til DJI and others say it's safe I down graded my go app a few days ago and can fly again no way I'm taking any chances I lost a lot of nice days to fly and a lot of time by the way THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP with out this blog I would have been totally grounded no help from DJI Thanks all
2017-2-4
Use props
kndll
Captain
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

3.1.4 for IOS only at the moment
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules