Drone Vibration Mid Air
1191 8 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

I was just wondering because i've never noticed this but my P3S is vibrating in mid air and it's freaking me out. Is it normal?
2017-2-1
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

its a small machine with 4 powerful motors spinning at several thousand rotations per minute, its going to vibrate. If it seems to be vibrating more than usual, and you want others to ask if it looks normal, please provide a video, because you provided nowhere near enough detail for us to know if somethings wrong or not. If all the motors rotate freely, arent wobbly, the propellors are undamaged and properly secured to the mounts, and the video footage still comes out looking smooth (the gimbal has 4 small rubber dampeners to absorb slight vibrations) you should be fine. if you think it looks abnormal, let it hover close to the ground, take a video, and upload it here for us to see.
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2017-2-1 14:28
its a small machine with 4 powerful motors spinning at several thousand rotations per minute, its going to vibrate. If it seems to be vibrating more than usual, and you want others to ask if it looks normal, please provide a video, because you provided nowhere near enough detail for us to know if somethings wrong or not. If all the motors rotate freely, arent wobbly, the propellors are undamaged and properly secured to the mounts, and the video footage still comes out looking smooth (the gimbal has 4 small rubber dampeners to absorb slight vibrations) you should be fine. if you think it looks abnormal, let it hover close to the ground, take a video, and upload it here for us to see.

I think depending on your situation, you should barely have vibrating, except some. Even toy GPS drones dont wobble.
2017-2-1
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-1 14:32
I think depending on your situation, you should barely have vibrating, except some. Even toy GPS drones dont wobble.

i agree you shouldnt have crazy vibrations and a phantom really shouldnt wobble at all, but they do vibrate, and i dont know how serious his drone is vibrating without a video. my p3, my friends p3, and another friends p4 vibrate noticeably when you're near it and its no surprise. he could just be paranoid that his expensive drone is shaking a bit more than expected.
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2017-2-1 14:45
i agree you shouldnt have crazy vibrations and a phantom really shouldnt wobble at all, but they do vibrate, and i dont know how serious his drone is vibrating without a video. my p3, my friends p3, and another friends p4 vibrate noticeably when you're near it and its no surprise. he could just be paranoid that his expensive drone is shaking a bit more than expected.

Thanks your backup.
2017-2-1
Use props
steve1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

error codes
2017-2-1
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Does it change with new props fitted?
2017-2-1
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

The first thing I would do is inspect your props for one of the blades being slightly bent or a chip or or small missing piece.  If so, replace it with a new prop.  I had vibration on the video (nothing seen visually) caused by a very small dent on a blade.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Definitely check your props for any kicks, In addition, check the vibration dampeners for any tears.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules