Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reset aircraft before selling?
8097 6 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

Before selling a Phantom 4, besides reformatting the SD card, is there anything else that should be performed to remove personal data off of the aircraft such as previous flight data, the aircraft name, etc?

i.e. Before you sell a PC, smartphone, etc. you can just reformat and its 100% clean outside of a registration with the OEM perhaps. Is there a way to reset these back to defaults so no personal data remains?

2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You can register with fake info and don't have to worry about personal info. Also if you are worried about personal info don't give them the SD card or buy them a new one...
2017-2-1
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

A format can be recovered if someone was bothered to do so. You need to  erase all data which can be done with various programs. They will often write all FF and then all 00 as well as random data before doing a format.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can't remove your information from activation, but as long as the customer uses their own DJI account after getting the unit, the records would move to that account.
2017-2-1
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

Thanks for the info. I just was hoping my flight logs and other information would not be viewable to a new owner. For no reason other than it being odd to provide that data to a new owner to browse through.
2017-2-2
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

Yea, I just thought it would be odd to sell one of these online and have someone install DJI Assistant software and review a prior owners flight info.  Just wanted to prevent transferring personal data if possible. Sounds like there isn't much one can do other than format the sd card and have the new owner sign in with a new dji account.
2017-2-2
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Але ім'я попереднє буде відомо, так? Навіть якщо новий власник зайде під своїм іменем.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules