Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Plastic bubble camera cover is garbage
3154 23 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

I have been so carefull with this cover and it keeps breaking.Gone thru 2 of them.I give up on these covers.Any thoughts of a better cover?
2017-2-1
Use props
BuzzCut
Second Officer

United States

I never had issues with mine breaking but others have.  Maybe try a 3D printed one from Amazon?  The plastic may be more flexible.
2017-2-1
Use props
Irish
lvl.1

United States

Just taking it on and off, or are you using it while flying.

Are you taking it off outside in the cold?  Is the cold making it brittle
2017-2-1
Use props
cluc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Mine cracked upon arrival... to be honest, I don't think it is a show stopper
2017-2-1
Use props
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

Nope took it off in the house
2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

No problem what so ever...
2017-2-1
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-1 16:42
No problem what so ever...

No problem here as well.
2017-2-1
Use props
mike v illinois
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95689 ft
United States

i put mine in my pocket need i say more
2017-2-1
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

mine has a little crack
2017-2-1
Use props
pluk
lvl.1
Canada

II always remove it slowly. No choice, I'm removing the gimbal's protection.
2017-2-1
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

no problem with mine... it's more that likely the user. the quality is pretty good
2017-2-1
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

how do you store the Mavic? Could it possibly be getting damaged while it is stored and then you noticed it being broke when you go to take it off? Like others, mine hasn't broken (yet). There is an aftermarket one on Amazon sold by FStop that has been modified as a sunshade so you would loose full protection but still provide a good amount for transport/storage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7O ... liid=I1HNSQ5VCF4IDY

2017-2-1
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Mine had been fine for two months. During an online RMA discussion I was asked to calibrate the Mavic and managed to break off one of the two tabs on the gimbal cover while removing it!
2017-2-2
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

My original one broke while in a backpack (the large clip) so it did it's job I guess. I ordered a replacement locally and two more from DJI when I needed other stuff - to save on shipping.

If they break they are absorbing shock that would otherwise impact the aircraft, or worse the camera/gimbal. I'm OK with the small cost.
2017-2-2
Use props
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-2-2 01:43
My original one broke while in a backpack (the large clip) so it did it's job I guess. I ordered a replacement locally and two more from DJI when I needed other stuff - to save on shipping.

If they break they are absorbing shock that would otherwise impact the aircraft, or worse the camera/gimbal. I'm OK with the small cost.

Yea me to but Iwas just taking it off and the tabs just broke.Going to have to be very carefull I guess.
2017-2-2
Use props
tellus1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

No problems here
2017-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DRONEDUDE88 Posted at 2017-2-2 04:02
Yea me to but Iwas just taking it off and the tabs just broke.Going to have to be very carefull I guess.

It's fragile you just need to be careful, there are weak spots you can see that when you look at it,
2017-3-8
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

I agree, both of my broke from the tab that goes to the main body.   Actually I was about the buy the third but I did something with Silicon I think that would protect it better.
2017-3-8
Use props
Lynola
New
Flight distance : 6598 ft
Canada

I've had no problems with the bubble or camera clip.  I've been careful after reading these posts.   I am considering attaching a small "remove before flight" ribbon to the cover and camera clip.
2017-3-8
Use props
TimeisMine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400781 ft
United States

Has anyone had any overheating issues from keeping the dome on? Ive heard both things - 1. Dome should be removed from drone when in flight due to the vent right behind the gimbal, and 2. Dome should be left of for protection.

Thoughts?
2017-3-10
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

TimeisMine Posted at 2017-3-10 09:03
Has anyone had any overheating issues from keeping the dome on? Ive heard both things - 1. Dome should be removed from drone when in flight due to the vent right behind the gimbal, and 2. Dome should be left of for protection.

Thoughts?

You could leave the dome in position but this will screw up your picture - the reflections from it are very noticeable and in many cases are simply ruining the pictures and/or movies. I tried, had to give it up. The question about overheating is a no-show to me - the best I've had in the last couple of months was "barely above freezing" so no clue there ;-)
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had mine for several months and a few hundred flights removing for each flight and it's perfectly fine.
I did lose the gimble clamp though.Here's the link to purchase more.
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-gimbal-cover#/?_k=9novyx
2017-3-10
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

I have not had any problems with mines and Ive had my Mavic for months, how are you breaking it? Are you releasing the tab correctly or just pulling it off?
2017-3-10
Use props
mewchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

Over 50 flights and no problems with it..  
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules