Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
Just got my P3P back from repair after the esc update issue, now I'm getting a "Remote Signal Lost" message, even though the remote appears to be linked (green light on remote). Can someone please help with this issue? I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried relinking the two to ensure that they are communicating properly? What mobile device are you using? Could you please provide the RMA number from your last repair?
2017-2-1
Use props
Rickyrivers75
New

United States

So I have a phantom 3 advanced I flew it today and the rc lost connection with the drone when it was about 150 meters directly above me. Battery was at 35-40% I tried pressing return to home in app and did not get a response. Nor did the aircraft go home. Which is what I have it set to when I lose connection. It wasn't until 5 or so minutes later that battery reached critically low 15% or so and stared descending only then did I regain connection. Also it was he first time I tried the range extenders and first time this happened. When I look at the flight log I noticed the battery jumped from 35% to 18 %
2017-2-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Rickyrivers75 Posted at 2017-2-2 00:04
So I have a phantom 3 advanced I flew it today and the rc lost connection with the drone when it was about 150 meters directly above me. Battery was at 35-40% I tried pressing return to home in app and did not get a response. Nor did the aircraft go home. Which is what I have it set to when I lose connection. It wasn't until 5 or so minutes later that battery reached critically low 15% or so and stared descending only then did I regain connection. Also it was he first time I tried the range extenders and first time this happened. When I look at the flight log I noticed the battery jumped from 35% to 18 %

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83298-1-1.html
2017-2-2
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-1 22:09
Have you tried relinking the two to ensure that they are communicating properly? What mobile device are you using? Could you please provide the RMA number from your last repair?

Hello Jamie - Thank you for responding.

I am using an IPad Mini 2.  And I've tried repeatedly linking the AC & Remote with no success. Remote light is green, but app still displays "RC Signal Lost."

RMA is: CAS-412556-J3M0S7
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mycypher Posted at 2017-2-2 11:12
Hello Jamie - Thank you for responding.

I am using an IPad Mini 2.  And I've tried repeatedly linking the AC & Remote with no success. Remote light is green, but app still displays "RC Signal Lost."

Just to clarify, how far out would you be able to get before you get that message?
2017-2-2
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 16:11
Just to clarify, how far out would you be able to get before you get that message?

I don't get far at all, and it's pretty much immediate - RC & App on, AC on, AC status window, then "RC Signal Lost" status appears
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mycypher Posted at 2017-2-3 10:56
I don't get far at all, and it's pretty much immediate - RC & App on, AC on, AC status window, then "RC Signal Lost" status appears

From what it looks like, the Repair team replaced the unit completely. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, what kind of areas are you flying in? Have you gotten in contact with the Support team to potentially have it sent in for an escalated service? Since you only sent in the aircraft, this may be something to do with either the craft's receiver or the RC itself. It can be hard to tell. Just to check the RC side, please try the following:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the aircraft using the following button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-2-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 15:29
From what it looks like, the Repair team replaced the unit completely. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, what kind of areas are you flying in? Have you gotten in contact with the Support team to potentially have it sent in for an escalated service? Since you only sent in the aircraft, this may be something to do with either the craft's receiver or the RC itself. It can be hard to tell. Just to check the RC side, please try the following:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

Hello Jamie - Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried them repeatedly with no success. I haven't left my home with P3 since I got it back. I've tried linking in every area of my home, including outside on our patio. I have 2 other DJI AC's and they're all fine when I'm performing system checks in my living room.

Are you suggesting that I send it back in for escalated service? If so, exactly how do I escalate it?

Thanks
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mycypher Posted at 2017-2-3 16:56
Hello Jamie - Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried them repeatedly with no success. I haven't left my home with P3 since I got it back. I've tried linking in every area of my home, including outside on our patio. I have 2 other DJI AC's and they're all fine when I'm performing system checks in my living room.

Are you suggesting that I send it back in for escalated service? If so, exactly how do I escalate it?

Since you just got the unit back, it would be designated as an escalated repair since it would be coming back for a second time. There shouldn't be much for you to do on your end when you contact Support.
2017-2-3
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 18:52
Since you just got the unit back, it would be designated as an escalated repair since it would be coming back for a second time. There shouldn't be much for you to do on your end when you contact Support.

OK. Thank you.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

You're welcome.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now