Mavic Pro Gimbal FAIL! Going completely crazy, out of control
6368 15 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30308 ft
Luxembourg

Got my Mavic pro yesterday and this is what happens about 80% of the time when i turn it on....
Any suggestions or Help welcome!

Guess i'll return it, unless someone got a hint or trick on how to get rid of this.

2017-2-1
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

That does not look good. Try a gimbal calibration and failing that, calibrate the IMU.
2017-2-1
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

That's scary. Try calibrating everything
2017-2-2
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

WOW! I think your gimbal has tourettes!
2017-2-2
Use props
Drseussami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108002 ft
United States

I can appreciate the recommendations about recalibrating the gimbal however you have to wonder what damage has been done to that gimbal after it freaked out like that..... Personally, if it were mine, I would send that thing back for a replacement.
2017-2-2
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

Damn thats crazy.. make sure the back piece is not cracked or damaged
2017-2-2
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

This is one of those few occasions where the 'all caps' in the subject line is entirely warranted!

I'm with Drseussami.  You'd have to imagine that the life of the gimbal components and motors must be shortened by all of that additional stress.  Sorry, but you may be better with a straight RMA.
2017-2-2
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

You need to go out and fly that, and record it, then post the vid here..  That is crazy..
2017-2-2
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

In your video, the whole gimbal arm seems to be shaking a fair bit, are you sure it has not dislodged during shipment?
  • I think there are a few videos on how to put it back in.

Also, are there any errors comming up on the DJI Go 4 App, this might provide some logs/warnings during the initialisation.
2017-2-2
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

More gimbal problems for the Mavic. Imagine that.
2017-2-2
Use props
trflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30308 ft
Luxembourg

Thanks guys for all your replies!

After downgrading to earlier firmware and upgrading to current again, it seems to not do that anymore, even though at every start, the camera and gimbal still move around quite a bit and you hear the camera hitting something fairly hard a few times. But after a few seconds, it is stable.

However, I will return this Mavic, as I also think, as some of you do, that the gimbal and camera have had so much stress already, that a complete fail might follow soon.

The camera and gimbal were actually always very hot to the touch. Not warm, but really hot, as in you can't touch it for more than a second without burning yourself.
Is that normal? just so I know when I'll buy another one.

Thanks
2017-2-2
Use props
Phxbird57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

What is you input on this happing

2017-8-29
Use props
djiuser_BJ8iHkelhMmI
lvl.1

Norway

The exact same thing happens now and then with my mavic Pro gimbal in flight. Maybe it is a connection issue between gimbal and aircraft anyone?
2018-3-23
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Maybe it's nervous? Reminds me of one of those Pixar robots (jittery).
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I see it’s just off the drink again
2018-3-23
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

trflux Posted at 2017-2-2 22:22
Thanks guys for all your replies!

After downgrading to earlier firmware and upgrading to current again, it seems to not do that anymore, even though at every start, the camera and gimbal still move around quite a bit and you hear the camera hitting something fairly hard a few times. But after a few seconds, it is stable.

Every time you start the craft it will move the gimbal around for self test. So, you always will have the gimbal moving around for little bit, 3 to 5 seconds approx.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules