X5S Gimbal for M600/M600 pro?
4210 7 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lasse LW
lvl.1

Denmark

Hej DJI.

I have the M600 and the M600 pro, both equiped with X5 camera. I resently purchased the Inspire 2 with the new X5S camera. Now i really miss that i can mount the X5S on the M600 and M600 pro, because i now have a better camera than the normal X5.
Do you by any chance have this gimbal mount coming out soon or even in the line to be made??

Thanks
2017-2-2
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Don't count to much on it, if there is one thing i have learned from DJI, is that you can be sure to be ripped off in this direction, this feature of the new X5S will properly only be available in the next version of the M600, along with a new flight controller, so that you can buy another craft from them.

The good thing is that the M600 properly will get replaced before its 1 year anniversary, so you don't need to wait that long, oh sorry, there is of course the standard 2-3 month before they can deliver all the parts needed, and then a month later, they release a new version with all the previous bugs in the first version fixed, so that you can buy a new one again, and this cycle continues on for ever on you expense.

Best of luck.
2017-2-2
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No, it will not happen. The image processor is now incorporated in the Inspire 2 and as you don't have it on the M600 even if they come up with a plate such as the X mount plate, it won't work.
2017-2-6
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-2-6 06:06
No, it will not happen. The image processor is now incorporated in the Inspire 2 and as you don't have it on the M600 even if they come up with a plate such as the X mount plate, it won't work.

I think you are right although it seems odd that their flagship aircraft for cinematography won't support their best camera?
2017-2-6
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-6 07:48
I think you are right although it seems odd that their flagship aircraft for cinematography won't support their best camera?

It is odd, but, to be honest I wouldn't put an X5S on a M600. Just because I wouldn't pay that amount of money, it's not logical, for a smaller sum one could buy an S900, N3 and LB2 plus an X5 or X5R (that's what I've done) and have almost the same options that an M600 offers plus the convenience of regular LiPo's over the "Intelligent and very expensive DJI LiPo".
For an M600 I would install a Ronin and a very high end camera: RED, Arri, stuff like that...
And to be honest, I do not consider the X5S a proper cinematography camera...the sensor is too small, the optics are not the best, etc. Don't get me wrong: it's an amzing quality camera and an amazing product combined with the Inspire 2 but that doesn't make it a proper cinema camera. I'm not saying one can't use it but as far as I've been filming (documentaries, commercials, TV related, movies) nobody will even bother talking to me unless I showed them an Sony FS700 with Canon prime lenses or an RED Epic...
But that's just my $2c...
2017-2-6
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-2-6 06:06

I would not count on it either - but it is highly requested and for sure it can happen - it is of course possible to make a mount for X5s and M600 - that include the CineCore 2.0. They are already about to make a "Osmo" for X5s.

I must also say that such a attachment plate with the CineCore 2.o integrated would not be cheap.
I am flying a M600 every day possible - it is an incredible aircraft - and personally I would love to put a X5s on it.

2017-2-6
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-2-6 13:20
It is odd, but, to be honest I wouldn't put an X5S on a M600. Just because I wouldn't pay that amount of money, it's not logical, for a smaller sum one could buy an S900, N3 and LB2 plus an X5 or X5R (that's what I've done) and have almost the same options that an M600 offers plus the convenience of regular LiPo's over the "Intelligent and very expensive DJI LiPo".
For an M600 I would install a Ronin and a very high end camera: RED, Arri, stuff like that...
And to be honest, I do not consider the X5S a proper cinematography camera...the sensor is too small, the optics are not the best, etc. Don't get me wrong: it's an amzing quality camera and an amazing product combined with the Inspire 2 but that doesn't make it a proper cinema camera. I'm not saying one can't use it but as far as I've been filming (documentaries, commercials, TV related, movies) nobody will even bother talking to me unless I showed them an Sony FS700 with Canon prime lenses or an RED Epic...

I agree with you mostly on your post but I think DJI will produce a mount for the X5s to fit it's other platforms so they can get the till ringing on this camera which currently only fits I2. I think a lot of users (me included) are holding back on buying an X5 anything until it is made clearer about the future of the previous X5 versions and whether the S will ever mount on S900/1000 and M100/600. There's a lot of us using  non DJI cameras who would change to get the extra integration with the Go App without having to compromise on the quality of a DSLR. I certainly will hang on to my GH4 until DJI make it clear and I guess I'm not alone?
2017-2-7
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-7 02:34
I agree with you mostly on your post but I think DJI will produce a mount for the X5s to fit it's other platforms so they can get the till ringing on this camera which currently only fits I2. I think a lot of users (me included) are holding back on buying an X5 anything until it is made clearer about the future of the previous X5 versions and whether the S will ever mount on S900/1000 and M100/600. There's a lot of us using  non DJI cameras who would change to get the extra integration with the Go App without having to compromise on the quality of a DSLR. I certainly will hang on to my GH4 until DJI make it clear and I guess I'm not alone?

I'm sure you will need the next thing that DJI will launch: either M600 V3 or whatever it will be the name.
On the other side GH4 on a Zenmuse, N3, S900/S1000 and LB2 sounds like a winner to me and you get some integration with the GO app.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules