Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loose motor - rattling sound. VIDEO
3232 15 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronie.dk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

My front left motor sounds loose and makes a rattling sound when I spin the prop.

It's also the only motor where the prop is loose. I've seen quite a few posts about issues with Inspire 2 props/motors now. Guess this qualifies for a replacement.

Password: i2

2017-2-2
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Have you tried the suggested remedies? In all probability it is the loose prop causing the noise.  See my issue and video on this.  I fixed it and it seems to be fine.  You only have a loose prop.  Use some foam (see a number of videos on this) and you'd be OK.  That motor should be just fine!
2017-2-2
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Look like the loose prop problem everyone is complaining about. Swap it for the opposite prop to see if it is making the same noise. Does the "motor" make the noise without the prop fitted? I doubt it is the motor making that noise.

Good luck

Mark G.
2017-2-2
Use props
Dronie.dk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Adding a piece of double sided tape inside the prop made the rattle go away and the prop fits tight now. Amazing what you must do to fix a $9,000 drone ;-)
2017-2-2
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Dronie.dk Posted at 2017-2-2 09:05
Adding a piece of double sided tape inside the prop made the rattle go away and the prop fits tight now. Amazing what you must do to fix a $9,000 drone ;-)

Where my tape went to temp fix. STILL waiting for DJI to acknowlege this and give me "version 2" red props

temp fix

temp fix
2017-2-2
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-2 10:54
Where my tape went to temp fix. STILL waiting for DJI to acknowlege this and give me "version 2" red props

Maybe it would be better to place the tape on top of the propeller so the base is resting level instead. By putting the tape on the base, it is resting only on the tape rather then whole base?

2017-2-2
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Australia

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-2 11:07
Maybe it would be better to place the tape on top of the propeller so the base is resting level instead. By putting the tape on the base, it is resting only on the tape rather then whole base?

Maybe better if DJI just replaced these loose fitting props with the correct fitting ones. It's alot of $$$$ in the air to be messing around with.

I only put the tape there to see where the movement was coming from and had no intentions of flying it until it is fixed properly.
2017-2-2
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-2 10:54

has anyone actually measured the props to see if there is an obvious tolerance problem which given its always the red props looks like there might be a tolerance issue with them ?
2017-2-2
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Australia

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 2017-2-2 11:24
has anyone actually measured the props to see if there is an obvious tolerance problem which given its always the red props looks like there might be a tolerance issue with them ?

Yes! does not make any sence measurements are all over the place

Front Red motor mount

Front Red motor mount

Rear Red Motor mount

Rear Red Motor mount

Spare Red Motor mount

Spare Red Motor mount
2017-2-2
Use props
Dronie.dk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-2 11:39

Chinese don't have a word for "Quality Control"
2017-2-2
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-2 11:39

These measurements has nothing to do with the issue, the play is axial between the propeller and the hub.
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, does the opposite motor rattle when you swap the two red props? Have you contacted the European Support team?
2017-2-2
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Its exactly the same problem that i had on 9th January and many other since. Its a tolerance issue caused in manufacture. DJI are aware and are sending out replacement props with a simple mod as a short term fix, in the longer term revised design and "free  issue" I hope to us first adopters.

If you want to see the fix take a look at the thread "red Props Rattle"
2017-2-2
Use props
Dronie.dk
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 22:11
Just to clarify, does the opposite motor rattle when you swap the two red props? Have you contacted the European Support team?

I did on tuesday - Sadly they haven't bothered to answer me yet.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dronie.dk Posted at 2017-2-3 05:36
I did on tuesday - Sadly they haven't bothered to answer me yet.

Could you happen to supply the ticket number that would have been generated when you contacted them?
2017-2-3
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Dronie.dk Posted at 2017-2-2 12:50
Chinese don't have a word for "Quality Control"

yes they do its....

zhi liang kong zhi
2017-2-3
Use props