Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 Pro Power output - What can I plug in?
6035 4 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric170
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167165 ft
Germany

Hi All,

I would highly appriciate some help with a Matrice project... I have a Matrice 600 pro. I see the power distribution boards as an xt60 connector labeled "DC-18V". I want to connect more than one device to it (computer, DJI Guidance system, Zenmuse X5, etc)
1) How many amps can I draw from it? What happens if I draw too much, will the connector close or the drone fall?
2) Is there a way to protect all devices (inlcuding the Matrice) so in case one device fails it doesn't burn all other devices? Any suggestions on what hardware to get for that?

Thanks!
Eric
2017-2-2
Use props
P.R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

The max power should be 10A, for the rest I can't help.
2017-2-2
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the maximum voltage is 18V and the maximum aperage is 10A the the max load is 180Watts but I would leave a margin on that to be safe. And I would put an inline fuse in it as a failsafe.
2017-2-2
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
The M600 has a power management module and all the factory designed attachments will have built in connectors dedicated to that bit of equipment feed by the power module, so it has all the protection designs built in. I would not try to second guess DJI because who knows the design tolerances and data sheets are never available so far, so be safe and add extra external batteries if you want to run kit. I have a small 3c for an external data gathering pc that gets replaced and charge when I need it, allowing the built in batteries to maintain systems and prolong flight time. I realise its not as neat but because there is so much cost involved in flying these craft minimising downtime and breakages is critical for me.

ricci
2017-2-2
Use props
eric170
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167165 ft
Germany

Thanks for all the good info.
After a few days of research and educating myself I came to understand that 180 W is a lot. All the stuff I want to power adds up to ~75 W plus a Zenmuse X5 that I couldn't find specs for...
I also have an NVIDIA Jetson TX1 motherboard and there are instructions in NVIDIA's site to power it from LiPo batteries so I might follow the advice to get an independent power source for that

Thank you all!
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules