Go 4 App Slave controller Camera Settings Dial bug?
1461 16 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When using a second Slave controller on the i2, the go 4 app (on the slave controller) doesn't highlight the function of the Camera Settings dial, so when you press it in to toggle between function (iso, F-stop etc) it rolls fine and allows you to adjust the values, but you don't know which of the functions is active until you change something (iso, F-stop etc) The master controller go 4 app works fine and does highlight the active function, even if you switch it from the slave controller.

Anyone else noticed this or it just me (or a dji 'feature')

Nick
2017-2-2
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could someone with dual controllers just check if they have the same issue please, DJI support don't seem to be getting this?
2017-2-3
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As no-one at dji support can be bothered to replicate this, I've made a short video clip to show the problem.

So in summary, the slave controller has full control, but you can't tell which function is active because the display isn't highlighting it - making it useless in effect, as you might alter iso when you actually wanted to change f-stop for example. You don't know what's active until you change it.

My favourite support quote about this was 'the slave controller (for the camera operator BTW) has limited functionality so won't control all of the camera functions'.

It does of course, even if it doesn't display correctly. but what a remarkable statement. The second controller IS FOR YOUR CAMERA OPERATOR - THATS WHAT IT DOES why would you want it to not control all of the camera functions?

2017-2-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-4 04:51
As no-one at dji support can be bothered to replicate this, I've made a short video clip to show the problem.

https://vimeo.com/202523374

Just an FYI , I tried it on mine and it worked perfectly , Mine is the Inspire 1 V2  not the the I2 .  Just wanted to make sure it was not in all the systems , which would not make sense.  I even tried to change some settings to see if I could duplicate it and I could not .  Must be a program glitch on the I2.

Sorry you are having issues,

donnie
2017-2-4
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-4 08:59
Just an FYI , I tried it on mine and it worked perfectly , Mine is the Inspire 1 V2  not the the I2 .  Just wanted to make sure it was not in all the systems , which would not make sense.  I even tried to change some settings to see if I could duplicate it and I could not .  Must be a program glitch on the I2.

Thanks Donnie for trying this on your rig - I agree it's a bug. I'm just trying to get dji to agree too!

Nick
2017-2-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-4 10:12
Thanks Donnie for trying this on your rig - I agree it's a bug. I'm just trying to get dji to agree too!

Nick

Sure , happy to help you Nick .

donnie
2017-2-4
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

same exact issue here
2017-2-4
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So on my third attempt at raising this with DJI support, they  admitted it was an issue and claim it will be fixed in the next firmware release.
2017-2-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-6 05:18
So on my third attempt at raising this with DJI support, they  admitted it was an issue and claim it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Would it not be refreshing if they just said  that they were aware of the problem and thank you for the input ( the first time , they must have known )  .  I am not sure if it is the "culture " of the company to not admit when there are errors but this is par for the course with DJI .   

It is sad because I love my DJI product and just wish DJI management  were a bit more up front with challenges  , also there instructions  manuals leave out critical information that the end user must figure out on his or her own .  It just could be SO MUCH better in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up on this Nick

donnie
2017-2-6
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-6 06:37
Would it not be refreshing if they just said  that they were aware of the problem and thank you for the input ( the first time , they must have known )  .  I am not sure if it is the "culture " of the company to not admit when there are errors but this is par for the course with DJI .   

It is sad because I love my DJI product and just wish DJI management  were a bit more up front with challenges  , also there instructions  manuals leave out critical information that the end user must figure out on his or her own .  It just could be SO MUCH better in my opinion.

Donnie, totally with you, DJI kit still amazes me every day, there will always be small issues like this, it's inconsequentially trivial when you consider the near-magic this stuff delivers every day that we make a living out of, that would have been considered impossible even five years ago.

So we're all on the same side here (despite my earlier frustration) I'm just trying to make a professional product, yes ahead of its time, work as advertised. I know how hard bringing something this sophisticated to market this early is, so maybe don't make product improvement so hard for us early-adopting-idiots already on-side?

Nick
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your reminding, I've reported this issue and engineers will look into it.
2017-2-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-2-7 14:51
Donnie, totally with you, DJI kit still amazes me every day, there will always be small issues like this, it's inconsequentially trivial when you consider the near-magic this stuff delivers every day that we make a living out of, that would have been considered impossible even five years ago.

So we're all on the same side here (despite my earlier frustration) I'm just trying to make a professional product, yes ahead of its time, work as advertised. I know how hard bringing something this sophisticated to market this early is, so maybe don't make product improvement so hard for us early-adopting-idiots already on-side?

Amen  brother , Amen .

donnie
2017-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-4 08:59

Hey Donnie
The Inspire 1 vs Inspire 2 comparison logic does not work in this case. The Inspire 2 is using the DJI Go 4 App... So this is a new bug in the Go 4 App

no disrespect intended here
Rich
2017-2-27
Use props
Puralist
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all for pressing this, I have another controller on order and wasn't aware of this problem until now.
2017-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Nick
Nice video capture showing this issue. Thank you for taking the time to point his out to DJI and other users. This type of information is very helpful to all of us.

All the best

Rich
2017-2-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-27 09:25
Hey Donnie
The Inspire 1 vs Inspire 2 comparison logic does not work in this case. The Inspire 2 is using the DJI Go 4 App... So this is a new bug in the Go 4 App

Oh none taken at all my friend , Just thought if some things carried over maybe that did as well.

cheers my friend

donnie

2017-2-28
Use props
edmoore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598150 ft
United Kingdom

Note that this issue has now been fixed in the most recent firmware. Thanks DJI!
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules