Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broken Landing Leg
5880 5 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gusmtb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

So I was flying in sport mode about 20 feet high over a field and I hit the down rudder, the Mavic dropped like a rock, on inspecting it the only damage is the right front landing leg was half cracked where it screws into the folding leg, I undid the screws and managed to streighen the lag out, but it's a bit wobbly, Does anyone know where I can order a new leg from, ideally in the UK please.

I need to do the same as in this video, the guy has given me contact details for the US, but in case that gets me knowhere I'm asking here.

2017-2-2
Use props
Irish
lvl.1

United States

You might want to send it in for repair, because of the PCB in the leg (it's an antenna or something).  Anyway someone named SalvageDrones on the Mavicpilots forum is supposed to sell them.  Here is a post about it.  http://mavicpilots.com/threads/c ... c-antenna-leg.1663/
2017-2-2
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I unscrewed the leg and the antenna and wiring is all ok. The leg only bent a small amount with small crack near the top of the leg where it bent in the crash near the screws and can be glued back strong and screwed back in when I have more time and should be fine. Drone still fly's and no problems with signal or anything.   Don't really want to send it back for a simple 10 minutes fix of new leg.  It'd be great if Dji could just send me a new part. Doubt that though.
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry Gusmtb, we didn't sell the aircraft leg separately.
If you don't want to send it in, maybe you could get in touch with the local dealer to see if they are able to assist you.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-2-2
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-2 23:41
Sorry Gusmtb, we didn't sell the aircraft leg separately.
If you don't want to send it in, maybe you could get in touch with the local dealer to see if they are able to assist you.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Thanks Mindy, unfortunately no one seems to have parts in the Uk.

I didn't really want to send it back for repair as it's only a very minor damage which I can fix myself with a replacement leg or actually just repair the leg itself.  Then I'm not using up my warranty for such a small but fixable problem.

If I did return it for repair (under refresh) where does the drone actually go for repair from the UK and how long would it normally take?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-2-3 07:20
Thanks Mindy, unfortunately no one seems to have parts in the Uk.

I didn't really want to send it back for repair as it's only a very minor damage which I can fix myself with a replacement leg or actually just repair the leg itself.  Then I'm not using up my warranty for such a small but fixable problem.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the address of the UK repair center.
Normally the turn around time is about 2 weeks.
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules